Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April/May 2018 Sleevers!!?

So many great forums and groups to link up with I’m new and already a little addicted to this app as well as everyone’s story and journey. My journey began early January and my projected surgery date is in May. I love to link up with others who are dates are close to mine just to encourage each other. I’ve already talk to some awesome people in my short time on here. I started vlogging my journey on YouTube right from the beginning so if anyone is interested check it out https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoDS8UYKi9Wu1__0j9qJ8rA

I plan to continue sharing up to and well after surgery all my feelings and experiences. Hopefully it helps someone like me or not like me at all. I’m So happy for everyone taking charge of their lives! We are incredible people.

I started my journey in January and I'm hoping for a April /May surgery date as well I'm so excited and nervous

Mexico wow congratulations! Keep me updated on your journey and if you’re interested in mine check out my link from YouTube I talk about everything with weekly updates! We are on our way

I'm hoping to have my surgery in April. Have my last dietician visit in 2 weeks and get my PCP the following week [emoji3] after that just have to wait for the approval call and appt for my pre-op visit. Can't wait !

Sent from my XT1650 using BariatricPal mobile app

I'm hoping to have my surgery in April. Have my last dietician visit in 2 weeks and get my PCP the following week [emoji3] after that just have to wait for the approval call and appt for my pre-op visit. Can't wait !

Sent from my XT1650 using BariatricPal mobile app

Yayyyy that’s so exciting! You are super close! Keep me posted on approval and surgery date

My Gastric Sleeve surgery is set for April 2018. My journey began in June 2017. I was a go getter from the start and completed everything as soon as I could. I knew I probably drove my doctor's nuts but I was determined to finish this one way or the other. Unfortunately, my drive was not enough and I was stuck waiting on everyone else with long wait lists, not hearing back timely, etc. 10 months later I am getting the surgery.

I cried when I got my surgery date. It all started from one phone call after years of diet, exercise, personal trainers, pills, doctor appointments, before I got the urge to Google possible options. I had never had surgery aside from my wisdom teeth removed and so this was a huge leap of courage. I found out all the requirements, looked up a surgeon and program that could do it, contacted my insurance company found out any other remaining information, verified surgeon and program were in network, and kept on running ever since.

I am terrified for this surgery but mostly its because nothing is certain. I am the type of girl that creates a spreadsheet to clear my mind. I love plans, numbers, details, and viewable goals. There is nothing I can plan with this. I have watched almost every YouTube video out there, done countless hours and days of research, have 2 binders made up organized into tabs and stages, and have kept up to date with many forums.

I however have not really posted to many forums until now. So I think instead of taking this scary, crazy, unbelievable, amazing journey alone, I could be in contact with some amazing people starting their journey's around mine so that I can not feel so overwhelmingly alone during this process..

My husband no matter how sweet he may be is tall, and skinny and will not understand the restrictions I am under. I have told very little people about this surgery and they are to keep it surgery however these friends and family will not be able to understand anything I'm going through.

I love to offer support and am excited to begin this journey with you guys.

Let's be strong and change our lives together!!!!!

My Gastric Sleeve surgery is set for April 2018. My journey began in June 2017. I was a go getter from the start and completed everything as soon as I could. I knew I probably drove my doctor's nuts but I was determined to finish this one way or the other. Unfortunately, my drive was not enough and I was stuck waiting on everyone else with long wait lists, not hearing back timely, etc. 10 months later I am getting the surgery.
I cried when I got my surgery date. It all started from one phone call after years of diet, exercise, personal trainers, pills, doctor appointments, before I got the urge to Google possible options. I had never had surgery aside from my wisdom teeth removed and so this was a huge leap of courage. I found out all the requirements, looked up a surgeon and program that could do it, contacted my insurance company found out any other remaining information, verified surgeon and program were in network, and kept on running ever since.
I am terrified for this surgery but mostly its because nothing is certain. I am the type of girl that creates a spreadsheet to clear my mind. I love plans, numbers, details, and viewable goals. There is nothing I can plan with this. I have watched almost every YouTube video out there, done countless hours and days of research, have 2 binders made up organized into tabs and stages, and have kept up to date with many forums.
I however have not really posted to many forums until now. So I think instead of taking this scary, crazy, unbelievable, amazing journey alone, I could be in contact with some amazing people starting their journey's around mine so that I can not feel so overwhelmingly alone during this process..
My husband no matter how sweet he may be is tall, and skinny and will not understand the restrictions I am under. I have told very little people about this surgery and they are to keep it surgery however these friends and family will not be able to understand anything I'm going through.
I love to offer support and am excited to begin this journey with you guys.
Let's be strong and change our lives together!!!!!

I love your realness and we can relate in so many ways. I’m use to being in control of everything I do and this is the one thing that I’m doing for myself that I don’t know the absolute outcome of. Though my wife is very supportive of my journey she too will never understand my struggles and what led me here. She’s always been slim and never had any real issues with her weight. I have watched many hours and hours of YouTube videos with every person journey under the sun. Which eventually inspired me to vlog my own story. I am interested in seeing how much things change within myself and hopefully help others along the way. I have told very little people about my decision and journey so unless they find my channel it would be news to them. I think the support forums are great and it’s amazing to find those who are riding that same wave as you. So definitely keep us updated because I’m interested in finding out how things are going! I think we all made a great decision in taking the steps to a better us

Just a few days before I would think. My buddy Fluffy Chix just had hers at the surgeon's Friday and her surgery is next Tuesday. I'm sure they weigh you again on the morning of your surgery. Always checking if anything changes so they can titrate your medication dosages.

Sent from my VS880PP using BariatricPal mobile app

Heya, guys.... My surgery date is supposed to be sometime in May.... I haven't gotten a date yet but I will be done with my process the end of March... Then after my insurance approval I will have a definite date and time.. where is everyone located?

Sent from my A466BG using BariatricPal mobile app

Hi Becky,

I subscribed to your YouTube channel and liked your videos. I think this is something you should definitely keep doing. Your videos are great and real! I can't wait to see what you upload in the future.

#supporting each other

#I need to do this too

Heya, guys.... My surgery date is supposed to be sometime in May.... I haven't gotten a date yet but I will be done with my process the end of March... Then after my insurance approval I will have a definite date and time.. where is everyone located?

Sent from my A466BG using BariatricPal mobile app

Hi there... I am in Jacksonville Fl!! I will be done with my last Nutrition Visit in April with a projected surgery month of May. No exact date yet but I can’t wait to get closer and find out :)