Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2005 Vegas Bash

Becky,

Last year Vera and I flew out of San Jose, LaMadam flew in from LA, Leatha and Ginny flew in from Texas and we all arrived within 15 minutes. Penni and her hubby drove from LA. Others either drove or flew in. It was a blast. We will have to get together with Vera and make arrangements soon to get the best rates.

Becky, I shared a bed with Vera last year and it was fine (except I had to nudge her once or twice but I'm used to that w/ dear hubby. Michelle froze in her bed so a heating pad would definitely keep her happy. We mailed clothes ahead for the clothing exchange, even shoes and bathing suits.

So, if the 3 of us are committed to go, we can each look and compare prices. We left early Friday morning and were there at 9AM and left about 3:30 in the afternoon on Sunday to return.

Well if I go out there we will have my car to use... I will probably stay with my husbands grandma to save my money on a hotel. And since its in Sept. I will more then likely be banded by then...

Carol, I'd like to have DH drive me to San Jose and fly with you, if possible. He can visit his mom. ;) It cost quite a bit more to fly from way up here. When you get a flight, let me know what number and I'll try to hop it, one way or another.

Ginny-are you around? Id love to meet up with you an airport in Texas, and travel with you, if you are going. let me know.

Carol, those lower cupboard doors in my kitchen are still sticking together, but hell yeah, we need more Margies! Ain't nothin' like them. And, was I supposed to ask hubby if he minds another bash? Like he had a problem with a houseful of woman last time? All them women smoking cigs in the garage with him... no problem!

Oh we did have so much fun!

I told Bill I'm off to Vegas and he said "who's going to watch the kids?" Is said "your not going!" we laughed.

My investigation for that weekend shows American West 9/2/04 SanJose 7:20 am. 9/4/04 Vegas 4:00 or 8:27pm flight for $188 RT.

Various Hotels noted Circus Circus has 2 queens for 118.75/night, cheapest and nicest found but it's north strip, I think. NO HoJo.

Carol You are so together, a car is such a good idea. Last year you mentioned the deals you get at the flamingo? Check it out but I wouldn't book till we know exactly the date. My treat at the Bellagio

I'm getting so excited, Party! :banana

As far as the BayArea Bash, I've been out of the loop. I sent out a post on there board for more details...

Have you guys decided Labor Day, or do you wanna save a few bucks and do it the following weekend? I'm going to tell the Vegas Bandsters (there are just a few.)

Should we wait till next week to set the date in stone (to give more people a chance to vote?)

I'll probably take that whole week off, since last year there was too much going on in my life, so I was a stress-mess at the bash.

I vote for the holiday weekend. It means more days off for me!

If Vera, Becky, Michelle and I share a room with two queens that should save us some money.

I will be glad to bring two queens with me! ;)

I don't think I'll be able to get to both Bandstock and the Vegas Bash, although having an event on a long weekend sure helps. DeLarla, even if I can't make it, I'll send more clothes if you hold an exchange. Hope my current stuff will be much too big for me by then! My one-year bandiversary is just before Labor Day.

I think the Labor Day weekend is the best. Gives people more time to play. Not sure what John's plans are for that weekend yet gotta ask him. IF he is out touring then I will most likely fly in. If he is free then we will drive up again.

I vote for Excalibur myself.

WHOO HOO!! You know my birthday is the 5th of Sept. HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE!! Presents accepted early as well.

Becky Lee... you have gotta be careful HOW you says things around Mr. Greg. :D

I don't know if I could attend... it's that darn fear of flying thing again and the fact hat we are taking a long expensive vacation this summer to SD and Yellowstone. I'll just have to sit at home and feel all left out and pouty. ;)

I know everyone will have a great time!

Darcy: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO you gotta come. It is mandatory. Ok who is in the area or at least close to Darcy that would be willing to fly down with her? There has to be someone.