Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2005 Vegas Bash

ok the thread is so long did anyone ever find out if we were able to get a group rate at the EXCALIBER? I will be flying down with my bf Harry if this thing is a go. I am not able to recieve PMs here because of a pop up blocker thingie...Delara if you would would you please email me? Beautifulnurse@aol.com thanks. I am very excited to know what the most current information is. thanks for your help.

Tina, I'm not the one that coordinated hotels so you'll have to click through these pages or wait for someone else to respond. I think several people have reservations at the same place.

Next week I'll start a new thread. For now, I have kept "my end" of the itinerary very simple because last year I burned my candle from too many ends and turned into a major stress freak. This year's itinerary is the same as last year:

Friday night is dinner at Buca di Beppo. I'll pre-order the menu (I did this last year and everyone loved it.) It came to less than $15.00 per person, but everyone has to pay for their drinks separately. Most people showed up an hour late, but nobody went hungry (there's no way to go hungry at this place.)

Saturday everyone showed up at my house around noon, though I was ready much earlier. A few of us went to the market, and the rest of the day we all cooked, laughed, drank, swam, played a few games, had a white elephant exchange, had a clothing exchange. Nothing was organized but we all had a blast.

Other than dinner and the actual party, everyone kind of grouped up and did their own thing. Vegas is fabulous, so if you've never been here, don't try to plan in advance because the minute you see the lights you'll get hypnotized and will want to do 100 other things.

This year I've asked for volunteers to organize the clothing exchange, White Elephant Exchange, a couple games, new ideas… Nothing major, but just a little structure so nobody misses out.

One thing that was so special was almost everybody left with some kind of souvenir to remember the awesome time. Penni passed out "Winner" necklaces and Donali passed out cute German goodies in addition to gifts exchanged in the White Elephant game and clothes from the exchange.

It's not my bash, it's YOURS, so wear a funny hat if you have to, but bring anything you want or nothing at all.

Once again, I've had differences (okay, fights) with several people that want to avoid the Bash because of it, but I really hope we can put those issues aside. Don't show up for me, show up for you and your friends, and make some new ones. We don't have to be warm and fuzzy, but don't miss out on this over my big mouth. Water under the bridge. Bygones. Party on, Garth!

Thanks for the post!!! I'll ask for directions later.. Thanks for being the host... And pishaw to anyone who can't get along for a weekend! :(

DeLara,

Thank you for the very informative post. I appreciate all that you passed along to us. It is very kind of you to open your heart as well as your home to all of us here on LBT.com

You all sound like such a nice group. It would be great to meet you however we have already planned our vacation on the EAST coast. When you get together agian, hopefully I'll be available to meet you. Have a great time!!!!!

I have been planning on coming to Vegas since before I got my band. I even had alternative plans to get there - preferable ride motorcycle. If not, we have charter flights to Vegas every Friday that return on Monday. Now my work disapproved my leave. It seems that I am going to Topeka Kansas to a work conference. I am so bummed.

DeLarla - I have so been waiting to meet you and everybody else. And I loved riding through Utah last year and was looking forward to it. I am just totally bummed.

Here is a list of people that have mentioned they are coming to the Vegas Bash. If things have changed then copy and paste appropriately.

Penni (unable to attend)

Vines (needs a room and a non smoking partner)

Kyleigh (needs a room and needs a partner that doesn't mind smoke smell, does not smoke in room)

Me and DH (need a room)

Megan (on her own, no room needed)

DeLarla (her own house)

Trish and John (don't need a room, staying with family in area)

Kristi (needs a room and a roomate)

Staci and SO (needs a room)

Isa ?

Christina?

Francesca and SO (don't need a room, staying at harrahs)

Donali - (on her own, no room needed, no SO)

Teresa?

Bubbame with the family (may need a room, not sure if going for sure)

Road Queen and K9 companion? (don't need a room, staying with family)

Rica and DH (no room needed, staying at orleans)

Michelle

Blonde.Moment (no room needed)

Here is a list of people that have mentioned they are coming to the Vegas Bash. If things have changed then copy and paste appropriately.

Penni (unable to attend)

Vines (needs a room and a non smoking partner)

Kyleigh (needs a room and needs a partner that doesn't mind smoke smell, does not smoke in room)

Me and DH (need a room)

DeLarla (her own house)

Isa ?

Christina?

Teresa?

Michelle

Terri (coyotegirl) with 3 friends (don't need a room)

Penni (unable to attend)

Vines & Christina (roomies)

Me and DH (need a room)

DeLarla (her own house)

Isa ?

Teresa?

Michelle

Terri (coyotegirl) with 3 friends (don't need a room)

SO Far So Good

I'm so jealous, I want to go to Vegas, how exciting. Maybe if I win the lottery between now and Labor day ( by the way when is Labor day ?) I'll surprise you all but its too far to fly from the UK just for the weekend. You never know maybe one day I'll get to meet you all.

Gaynor

Where did I miss Penni saying she wont make it?? Oh my!! and I wanted to meet you so bad! :) awwwww shucks!!!!

Where did I miss Penni saying she wont make it??

I must of missed that too..I'm so bummed :)

Was looking forward to seeing you again Penni

Are you still planning on going to the East Coast Bash Sept 24th Penni?

I must of missed that too..I'm so bummed :)

Was looking forward to seeing you again Penni

Are you still planning on going to the East Coast Bash Sept 24th Penni?

Yup I am heading to the East Coast Bash for sure. Got my plane ticket and hotel all set up. Are you going?

CAN ANY MODERATOR PLEASE LOCK THIS THREAD? Thanks

I'm starting a new thread, so please go to Vegas Bash 2005 Final Countdown for all the information you'll need. Thanks.