Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December Sleevers - What did you have for lunch today?

My surgery was 12/18. Today for lunch, I had 2.5 oz of cold smoked salmon, 1/2 an avocado, and a small spoonful of whipped cream cheese with chives. It was yummy.

How about you?

This is the majority of my real food for today..

Other than this, I ate about 5 sugar free popcicles

2 cups of fat free chicken broth and lets see

2 cups of coffee

Do you think this plate is too much "real food" for the day.

It's not much chicken.

That white triangle on the left is a slice of " Laughing cow cheese"

The front right is a tinsy bit of lettuce, with like 2 pea size drops of reduced fat ranch dressing. and oh the brow mush stoff on the laughing cow cheese is a tinsy spoonful of humus and the other meat besides the chicken is lemon tuna.

I hate this plate over lunch and dinner. No other solid foods

Oh and I almost forgot

I had two 8 ounch cans of Protein Shakes today. Each was about 170 calories..

That's all for my day

and I am 4 weeks and 1 day post op

DSCN1496[1].JPG

Edited by Toomanytacos

So you only eat 2 meals a day?

53 minutes ago, Toomanytacos said:

This is the majority of my real food for today..

Other than this, I ate about 5 sugar free popcicles

2 cups of fat free chicken broth and lets see

2 cups of coffee

Do you think this plate is too much "real food" for the day.

It's not much chicken.

That white triangle on the left is a slice of " Laughing cow cheese"

The front right is a tinsy bit of lettuce, with like 2 pea size drops of reduced fat ranch dressing. and oh the brow mush stoff on the laughing cow cheese is a tinsy spoonful of humus and the other meat besides the chicken is lemon tuna.

I hate this plate over lunch and dinner. No other solid foods

Oh and I almost forgot

I had two 8 ounch cans of Protein Shakes today. Each was about 170 calories..

That's all for my day

and I am 4 weeks and 1 day post op

DSCN1496[1].JPG

Forgot to quote your post. So you only eat 2 times a day?

7 minutes ago, Heisenberg said:

Forgot to quote your post. So you only eat 2 times a day?

Well, I've been eating like 4 times a day, but Hawk, I'v hit a stall for nearly 2 weeks and I am furious

So today, I began with what I did in my preop diet. I hate chicken broth and Water and Protein Drinks and sugarfree pops, as a desperate way to jump start my losing again and then of course this 1 meal, which i ate over the course of lunch and dinner

Hope that answers your question

How are you

I’m on the pre-op diet with surgery on the 18th. But with small portions in the near future I plan to eat expensive cuts of lean meat and seafood like King Crab, Jumbo Shrimp, and smoked salmon that I would not have normally bought as often in the past. Having small portions will allow me a little more freedom to buy quality over quantity. Of course the portions will be smaller but the food will be better. I’m looking forward to a small piece of delicious Protein and fresh fruits and vegetables. The possibilities are endless! I wouldn’t be to concerned with a stall early on just think forward to 6 months or a year. That’s when you’ll yield results. I think you’ll be just fine.

Edited by Heisenberg

1 minute ago, Heisenberg said:

I’m on the pre-op diet with surgery on the 18th. But with small portions in the near future I plan to eat expensive cuts of lean meat and seafood like King Crab, Jumbo Shrimp, and smoked salmon that I would not have normally bought as often in the past. Having small portions will allow me a little more freedom to buy quality over quantity. Of course the portions will be smaller but the food will be better. I’m looking forward to a small piece of delicious Protein and fresh fruits and vegetables. The possibilities are endless!

I can relate to everything you just said.. You're pretty ... I don't know what the word is, you've thought this all out. I figured yes I'd buy less food, save on groceries and yet not. I am buy more expensive groceries, ie healthier and more geared to the whole Protein. The other day, I went grocery shopping and spent 75 bucks and you wouldnt believe how little I got Lol

I am poor so the fact that i will be spending a lot less is great, but great for me, my appetitte is not humongous. Otherwise, I'd die at these prices of "new " food Bahaha. Nice to meet you. Can I ask your real name?

Im Joanna, call me Joanna or Jo

Good luck on your surgery. So exciting. You're in the crappiest place most of us have already been. That preop diet. Ahhh

You will survive. I promise

Hugs

I decided to mix it up for lunch today and went to a restaurant (first time since surgery). After looking at the menu I played it safe and since they had Breakfast all day, I got 2 scrambled eggs and 3 sausage links (smallest order they had). I ate 1.5 scrambled eggs and .5 sausage links. I rounded it out with a snack 4 hours later of .5 eggs and .5 sausage links. Sausage has been a great treat, lots of flavor without any carbs and decent Protein.

Normally lunch has been 4 ounces of chicken salad or shredded chicken mixed with a little bit of BBQ Sauce. I'm not too adventurous...

Surgery was 12/19, I’m on my last week of full liquids. Today for lunch I had 2 oz of healthy request cream of mushroom Soup and 2 oz of Amy’s organic low sodium Tomato bisque.

Can’t wait to start soft foods this upcoming Sunday 🙌🏼

1 hour ago, Losebig said:

I decided to mix it up for lunch today and went to a restaurant (first time since surgery). After looking at the menu I played it safe and since they had Breakfast all day, I got 2 scrambled eggs and 3 sausage links (smallest order they had). I ate 1.5 scrambled eggs and .5 sausage links. I rounded it out with a snack 4 hours later of .5 eggs and .5 sausage links. Sausage has been a great treat, lots of flavor without any carbs and decent Protein.

Normally lunch has been 4 ounces of chicken salad or shredded chicken mixed with a little bit of BBQ Sauce. I'm not too adventurous...

I love your personality.

I love it. I am laughing here, because you're so different than me in terms of preciseness

I am not precise at all .. The .5.. Adorable Lol. What do you do for a living. You're cool. I like you

Lol

So, I got fromt he doctors today and low and behold, I'm at 307, 2 pounds higher than a week ago. I cried ( this was just an appointment with my primary, I have this weird rash on my arm, I'm okay) but she didnt' know what to think when I cried. I exclaimed.

Me: It's pretty sad when you get VSG and you stall for two weeks, but oh no, you don't just stall, you gain and lose and gain. and then you're back where you started 2 weeks and 2 days prior 307

I got home and called my bariatric nurse, who didn't know what to tell me. She called our dietician who said it's "totally normal" and that she sees this all theh time, but to keep "doing what I'm doing"

I am jealous of you lol

but proud at the same time

I will catch up, Tim and when I do, look out, it's ON lol

(squinting my eyes) lol

Surgery on 12/29
I’m not hungry at all, for lunch I had an egg, could barely finish it..
I’m getting about 20 ounces of Water if I’m lucky about 150 calories a day...
Haven’t lost anymore weight in a week. Anybody else having trouble with eating and drinking as much as I am??
Day of surgery 249
Current weight 233

1 hour ago, Toomanytacos said:

I love your personality.

I love it. I am laughing here, because you're so different than me in terms of preciseness

I am not precise at all .. The .5.. Adorable Lol. What do you do for a living. You're cool. I like you

Lol

So, I got fromt he doctors today and low and behold, I'm at 307, 2 pounds higher than a week ago. I cried ( this was just an appointment with my primary, I have this weird rash on my arm, I'm okay) but she didnt' know what to think when I cried. I exclaimed.

Me: It's pretty sad when you get VSG and you stall for two weeks, but oh no, you don't just stall, you gain and lose and gain. and then you're back where you started 2 weeks and 2 days prior 307

I got home and called my bariatric nurse, who didn't know what to tell me. She called our dietician who said it's "totally normal" and that she sees this all theh time, but to keep "doing what I'm doing"

I am jealous of you lol

but proud at the same time

I will catch up, Tim and when I do, look out, it's ON lol

(squinting my eyes) lol

Thanks for the kind words. I'm an engineer by training, so that probably explains it Haha! Glad that you might be seeing some changes on the scale! It'll come, hang in there. Being precise is just a habit from a million diets I've been on for years, it's also something my NUT has really pushed on us. We're supposed to be measuring everything and logging it (just the amount, food and protein). A food scale helps a lot. I'm also using it as a way to make sure I don't over eat, 4 oz is ok, 5 is serious pain, so I measure carefully!

One thing I noticed in the foods you listed is they all have quite a bit of salt. You very well may be retaining some Water, so as you switch things up you may see a big drop quick!

BTW - the rash may be a Keto rash if you're having very few carbs, got it all down my side - annoying but went away.

Edited by Losebig

Your nut?

Lol.

You mean doctor? :P lol

You're silly lol

Y- TTYL

8 minutes ago, Toomanytacos said:

Your nut?

Lol.

You mean doctor? :P lol

You're silly lol

Y- TTYL