Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hospital time sweetheart!

Finally in bed.... just waiting till 5pm for surgery!Image1515432234.644320.jpg

Instagram: itsgretchen

Best wishes! I'm coming up on my one year mark and that morning (and view) seems like it was yesterday. It will be worth it. Good luck! :)

Woooohooo! Showtime! Best wishes for a safe effective procedure and a fast recovery:) Remember: Sip, Suck, Stroll. Get walking as soon as they let you. You've got this:)

Am loving the pic of your toesies, by the way. LOL. Here's some fun trivia....those hospital socks are color coded. Yellow means you're a fall risk. They'll make you wear yellow socks until they're sure you're walking ok on your own...and then you'll get a pair of tan socks. The tan socks were my first goal:)

PS...not sure this is universal....but it certainly seems to be.

Another weird tip... you're gonna want to get up and walk, but you'll be like...how the hell do I do that when I'm all hooked up to stuff? After you get your tan socks and can walk on your own at will...

1. It's ok to remove your leg pump sleeves.....just undo the velcro...they can continue to inflate and deflate while you're out for a walk. You can slap them back on when you come back:) They're wonderful...like a calf massage.

2. It's ok to unplug your IV pole from the wall....just plug it in when you get back so the battery stays charged. Take your IV pole with you.

3. it's ok to put on some lounge pants or PJ bottoms so it's less breezy while you're wandering the hall. Less of a show, too:)

Edited by Creekimp13

Walk, sip, sleep, sip, sip.... walk sip sleep sip sip.... wash and repeat.

Congratulations :D

Showtime!!!

best of luck!!

Thanks everyone! Now just waiting and waiting for the big moment

Good luck!

Personally I would call the nurse if you want to go for a walk or go to the bathroom, I wouldn't take it upon myself to unhook everything.

2 minutes ago, kakatlady612 said:

Didn't know that about the yellow color, that's what I always get except once I got light green , once gray and once tan. Wonder what they all mean?

Sent from my VS880PP using BariatricPal mobile app

I had gray socks the entire time.

How did it go?

Hi everyone, surgery went well yesterday.... today just pain and paim

9 minutes ago, Gretsada said:

Hi everyone, surgery went well yesterday.... today just pain and paim

First few days can be tough, but rest assured it does get better! Focus on the basics and healing up.

Congrats on getting to the other side! Best wishes!