Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

6 minutes ago, KCRN said:

Good thing this is just your opinion. And you even marked it as such. Wouldn't want someone to steal it, lol.

Like it or not.. someone who admits to overeating and drinking wine etc etc at four weeks out and asking if others cheat too aren’t asking for help. They are asking to be validated.

Hey.. I don’t know much.. I’m only 2 and a half years out and still learning.

But I know bollocks when I read it ( That’s not to the OP by the way).

😜

Just now, KCRN said:

More like you know "bollocks" about this subject.

Bit personal.. but hey.... 🙂😄😀😏😃😉😇

Someday, if I ever reach my goal weight...I hope I have better things to do than to monitor weight loss message boards for naughty adult people who need to be told they've been bad.

I have big plans. Making condescending posts on message boards post goal-weight...is not a part of them. Cause...ya know...I have a life. LOL:)

If I'm still here telling other people how it's done and scolding them when I'm thin......someone please shoot me.

Thank you.

I have had naughtiness in moderation - mostly I stay in track. I eat low carbs- less than 50 g, High Protein, veggies. Today I ate a banana and I felt guilty. Now that’s dumb. I had a craving for a banana. Oh well. Other times- chocolate or a little ice cream. I bite of my kids’ dessert etc. For me, I would get really depressed if I refused every little yummy taste. If I feel I had a too carb day I try limiting carbs the next day and that helps me get on track. Right now I’m recovering from foot surgery so I am home and not that perfect. Not exercising like I had and feeling lousy. But I know that in two weeks I’ll be able to do more and by spring I will not be in foot pain which I’m super excited about. I have also lost a few pounds so I’m hoping to just not lose a little during this month of recovery. Your post has made me try to be better tomorrow. Thank you!

HW. 289
SW. 284
Height. 5’8

Funny you should mention banana. I start week five in a couple days and my nutritionist has a banana listed as a snack on a sample menu of what we should be eating. Half a small banana with some Peanut Butter is listed as a healthy snack. I think i'm gonna love week five:)

I had a doughnut 10 days after surgery and immediately puked it back up. Just had to test the waters, I guess.

Today (day 14) I had a quarter of a cupcake and kept it down. I’m tempted to eat poorly for dinner bc I’m starving, but the thought of puking up bad food is a strong deterrent for me.

29 minutes ago, Creekimp13 said:

Funny you should mention banana. I start week five in a couple days and my nutritionist has a banana listed as a snack on a sample menu of what we should be eating. Half a small banana with some Peanut Butter is listed as a healthy snack. I think i'm gonna love week five:)

Hell, I’m excited about being able to eat cottage cheese starting Friday.

It's a slow Tuesday so I'm weighing in (no pun intended) for Team _Kate_. I am type A, and very stubborn. I need and seek out the tough love, every day. I suspect 3 years out that's exactly what I will still be seeking out and handing out. It's a personal preference or personality quirk, however you want to look at it.

WLS doesn't fix your brain, it's only a tool to help you help yourself. And every person who has it has to find their balance. Are you a "in moderation" person, and can you control yourself? I can't. I can't have a piece of cake, a piece of pizza, one cookie. I know that, and until my brain magically changes (please be soon, thanks in advance) I will continue to be a mean old biddy and advocate for control.

Having said all of that, I spent several weekends making Christmas candy with my mom, and every day for probably 2 weeks I came home and thought, a little piece wouldn't hurt. It probably wouldn't make me sick. Just a little nibble. And it was so hard, and I thought I couldn't live another moment without taking a piece of brittle. But I did, and it sounds so cheesey, I hate myself a little for saying this... Being able to say, I didn't cheat, feels so much better than a stolen piece of candy would. Because now when I'm feeling weak, I think, I turned down delicious homemade candy for days on end. I got this.

And so do you, OP. No.matter which team you fall on [emoji4]

10 minutes ago, Sqkysphnctr said:

WLS doesn't fix your brain, it's only a tool to help you help yourself. And every person who has it has to find their balance. Are you a "in moderation" person, and can you control yourself? I can't. I can't have a piece of cake, a piece of pizza, one cookie. I know that, and until my brain magically changes (please be soon, thanks in advance) I will continue to be a mean old biddy and advocate for control.

I think this is a brilliant illustration of two different schools of thought and two very different approaches....that might be at the root of this conflict.

In my mind...unless I achieve moderation....food is still in control.

I need to be able to have a bite and walk away....or food has won....and is still out there waiting for me to screw up.

For me...being in control of moderation...is the only way to win the war.

Interesting, no?

Has anyone tried those Protein Cookies? They're expensive as you know what so I doubt I could binge on em. But maybe for when I crave a cookie

Sent from my SM-G930T using BariatricPal mobile app

I haven’t tried them but I am not much of a cookie eater. Maybe you could cut them into 1/4 and have a piece every once in a while when your craving something sweet.

17 hours ago, AZLoser said:

All of you are risking your health if you are cheating like within a few weeks of surgery. 'Treating yourself' is fine but why does it have to be with food? This is not to judge but to let you know this is not a path to success with the surgery. Yes, it will stop you from reaching your goal. And if you were sleeved 2 weeks ago, you are literally putting your life at risk. Seek out a good therapist to find out why you are sabotaging yourself.

Literally putting your life at risk? A little dramatic, no?

I’m all for moderation and living a balanced life. On one hand I agree with Creekimp, if I can’t learn to enjoy and walk away... then I still have an unhealthy relationship with food. I don’t want to binge, but I don’t want to deny and restrict myself for all of eternity either. I want a balance. I want a healthy and nutritious eating plan... and not to freak out if at the holidays I bite a cookie (as long as I’m not biting 50 Cookies, you know).

Now, that being said, I do agree that cheating early on is more alarming and more dangerous.

I also am just generally concerned for the OP because this is the same OP who was worried about eating cauliflower Soup barely a week out and then later in the same day ate pizza. I commented then and I’ll
comment now, it sounds like you really, really need to seek help from your doctor, nutritionist, and/or therapist. I imagine between the pizza a week post op to wine and loads of chocolate and whatever else NYE you’ve had other pretty serious cheats as well.

Again, I’m not saying I’m against the occasional cheat or treat or whatever. But it sounds like your situation might be borderline worse than that.

5’6”
25 yo
SW: 256
CW: 236.9

*12/04/2017*