Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Spring 2018 Sleevers??? Looking for support, surgery buddies, advice, etc.! Lol.

How is everyone's journey going? My weight is still up and down. Struggling with hunger. I'm trying to be good, but it feels like I'm hungry all the time. Choosing healthy food curbs the hunger for maybe an hour. Then I find myself still searching for the food that makes me satiated. But I'm working on it.

Sent from my SM-G920T using BariatricPal mobile app

I am pretty much done with all my appts and classes. I have my Endoscopy to do next week and my surgery is scheduled for 3/13. I feel like my date is so far away. I just want to get it over with. I'm told by my hospital that they don't even have the authorization yet from my insurance company which is Fidellis. Im nervous because my BMI is right at the limit but I have severe sleep apnea.

Sent from my SM-T813 using BariatricPal mobile app

I feel like I wanna change m6 mind and do the bypass. I'm 360lbs and not sure if I will make it to my goal weight of 190lbs.

Sent from my SM-G930F using BariatricPal mobile app

On 1/15/2018 at 12:02 PM, WLS4ME33 said:

and I have to wait until April 3 to get the cardiac clearance because it’s only good for one month...

Where did you hear that cardiac clearance is only good for a month? Curious because I just did my echo and stress tests today. Cardiac clearance will happen within the next few days. My surgery will not happen until March so the one month rule does not apply in my case. Maybe it is a requirement in your state?

Hi Jazz, I've just started my journey in December. My insurance requires I see a psychiatrist, a internist, a dietitian, blood work. I'm busy scheduling these required appointments and I am unsure when my surgery will be as I am not yet approved

Sent from my SM-G930F using BariatricPal mobile app

I’m in same boat! Just started in December also! Hoping for late March or early April surgery.

Hi everyone! I’m new as well. I am just beginning the process. My insurance does not require a waiting period so the surgery could happen as soon as March!! I have met with the dietician and have 3 various other appointments to come. I need to lose 10 pounds but I’ve lost 5 already so that’s going good. I’m in it for life. Nice to be here at last.

WLS4ME33 and the rest: I've got great news, finished all my pre requirements,called my Bariatric Facilitator Amber today, she emailed the surgeon's office, haven't heard back but with as far out as they schedule Early to Mid -March for my RnY. Why RnY? I have definite GERD, a BMI of 45, sleep apnea and I'm 72(yeah you read that right!) but want to have a healthy improvement to the quality of my life. I am sick and tired of being sick and tired, have fought the weight wars and the weight always won. Now is my chance and I'm gonna take it. Join me on this journey friends.

Sent from my VS880PP using BariatricPal mobile app

21 minutes ago, kakatlady612 said:

WLS4ME33 and the rest: I've got great news, finished all my pre requirements,called my Bariatric Facilitator Amber today, she emailed the surgeon's office, haven't heard back but with as far out as they schedule Early to Mid -March for my RnY. Why RnY? I have definite GERD, a BMI of 45, sleep apnea and I'm 72(yeah you read that right!) but want to have a healthy improvement to the quality of my life. I am sick and tired of being sick and tired, have fought the weight wars and the weight always won. Now is my chance and I'm gonna take it. Join me on this journey friends.

That is GREAT news! It is never, ever too late to get healthier and increase the quality of our lives!

I am 55 and much like you, sick and tired of being sick and tired. I am hopeful that after watching my success my sister who is almost 62 will follow along right behind me. ;)

I don't have GERD but do have severe sleep apnea and a BMI of 50. I chose sleeve because I don't care for the malabsorbtion issues that could happen with RNY.

Yay for us both for choosing to get healthy.

Edited by Yoyogirl

Welcome Audrey- yes we're all here to give you love and support. We are on a journey towards better health, as you probably see from my previous post I'm old enough to be your grandmother or worse but honey I'm in it to win it just like all the rest. There are a lot of "veterans" that are still active on Bariatric Pal, they've been there and are a great source of practical experience and information. So if you have any questions, just ask, okay?

Welcome Audrey- yes we're all here to give you love and support. We are on a journey towards better health, as you probably see from my previous post I'm old enough to be your grandmother or worse but honey I'm in it to win it just like all the rest. There are a lot of "veterans" that are still active on Bariatric Pal, they've been there and are a great source of practical experience and information. So if you have any questions, just ask, okay?

Thank you so much! And I will do. I'm ready to start my new life not only for myself but for my children.

Sent from my SM-N910T using BariatricPal mobile app

Awesome sauce!! And welcome!! Congratulations!! I love it when people finally reach that pre-op finish line, it’s so exciting[emoji847]lol. I think 72 years young is a great place to start!! Age plays no factor when it comes to getting healthy, no matter how old or how young we are a healthier body and lifestyle make for a better life!! So excited to go on this journey with you! Keep us updated!

How is everyone's journey going? My weight is still up and down. Struggling with hunger. I'm trying to be good, but it feels like I'm hungry all the time. Choosing healthy food curbs the hunger for maybe an hour. Then I find myself still searching for the food that makes me satiated. But I'm working on it.

Sent from my SM-G920T using BariatricPal mobile app

So far so good...just slow moving.lol. Well actually January is going by faster than I expected..I had my sleep study last night, they told me I’d have to wait 2 weeks for the results, but it was a SPLIT study, so if I had sleep apnea severe enough they would have had me use the CPAP last night, but they didn’t, the way she was talking though I believe I may still have sleep apnea, just not severe enough to need the machine. Psych eval is on the 30th..then I’ll be done except for my last 3 appts of the 6 and cardiac clearance.

I am pretty much done with all my appts and classes. I have my Endoscopy to do next week and my surgery is scheduled for 3/13. I feel like my date is so far away. I just want to get it over with. I'm told by my hospital that they don't even have the authorization yet from my insurance company which is Fidellis. Im nervous because my BMI is right at the limit but I have severe sleep apnea.

Sent from my SM-T813 using BariatricPal mobile app

I Highly doubt that you won’t be approved. Sleep apnea is one of the main co-morbidities that they look for. January is almost over. Then you’ll only have one month to go, somewhere in that you’ll start the pre-op diet...it’s gonna fly by...it’s just so exciting that it makes us anxious.lol...don’t stress it though. The person that files the insurance for surgery at my surgeon’s office told me that as long as I get ALL of the necessary paperwork my surgery WOULD BE APPROVED...so I’m trying not to stress,and just go with it(I won’t be having surgery until late April early May)...I know you’ve heard it a million times before, but use this time to prepare for your new life. Good luck!