Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Spring 2018 Sleevers??? Looking for support, surgery buddies, advice, etc.! Lol.

Hi Jaz, id like to be ya buddy & support person.. i am also going thru the 6 supervised visits... I started my process in October and I’m on visit 4, just 2 more to go. It’s getting close...

Hi.! Welcome, and congratulations on your journey! I’m at visit 3, which is tomorrow morning.lol. First visit with the nutritionist is next Monday, I’m all types of nervous about that.lol. How are things going for you so far?? How are you feeling?

Hi Jazz! I'm Brooke and I'm a newbie also. I'm like you I could really use some support also. My requirements are the same as yours from Humana. I weigh in tomorrow with have gained a few lbs. after being quite consistent so I'm sweating that one but we will see. I'm on my 4th month. I would love to get to know you and all of enquiry's to your post. This is one heck of a journey and I'm realizing that no one should go it alone. Thanks Brooke

Hi Jazz!
I’m with you. Currently going through the process myself. I’m on month 4 and it’s definitely a process! My surgeon told me it would fly by and I must admit it did go pretty fast..can’t believe I’m 4 months in already. So glad I found this support group I still have so many questions one day I’m excited the next I’m nervous. Girl I’m a mess lol

Things are going rather quickly... I feel all types of emotions but excitement tops them all... I just have my psych eval left and then visit with my PCP for letter of medical necessity and then I’ll get a tentative date at my next supervised visit! [emoji51]

Things still feel a little slow for me.lol. I still have a few things to get done too. The psych eval, sleep study, and getting cardiac clearance(had heart problems in the past), plus meeting the nutritionist, and attending an support group meeting..so I guess I appreciate the time, since I have a lot to do.lol. I’m a little nervous too, but like you excitement outweighs everything other thing that I feel.lol. You’re almost at the finish line!!! I’m planning on taking my dummy date, they told me I could switch it if I wanted to, but when the time comes I’m pretty sure that I will take it.lol.

Hi Jazz! I'm Brooke and I'm a newbie also. I'm like you I could really use some support also. My requirements are the same as yours from Humana. I weigh in tomorrow with have gained a few lbs. after being quite consistent so I'm sweating that one but we will see. I'm on my 4th month. I would love to get to know you and all of enquiry's to your post. This is one heck of a journey and I'm realizing that no one should go it alone. Thanks Brooke

Hey Brooke!! Welcome and congratulations on starting your journey!!! I’m actually at my 3 month appointment right now.lol. My PCP started me on Phentermine in November and I came off of it because it started to make me feel nauseated and vomit..from November to do December I had lost a total of 11 pounds, but just like everyone else who has taken weight loss pills and come off of the I’ve gained about 6 pounds give or take back...so I’m a little nervous about what my doc is gonna say.lol...but of course I’ll be a supporter/cheerleader for you! I need all of the support that I can get too!

Hi Jazz!
I’m with you. Currently going through the process myself. I’m on month 4 and it’s definitely a process! My surgeon told me it would fly by and I must admit it did go pretty fast..can’t believe I’m 4 months in already. So glad I found this support group I still have so many questions one day I’m excited the next I’m nervous. Girl I’m a mess lol

Hi.! And welcome!! You sound like me girl.lol. This process is definitely something.lol. Though I feel like it’s moving slow, it is going by pretty fast, I’m at month 3 myself, and actually at my appointment right now.lol. I have millions of questions too, and I stay on here, Youtube, and online looking up information and watching videos.lol. My first appointment with the nutritionist is next Monday, and first support group meeting is next Thursday, I’m so excited and nervous about those too.lol.

Things still feel a little slow for me.lol. I still have a few things to get done too. The psych eval, sleep study, and getting cardiac clearance(had heart problems in the past), plus meeting the nutritionist, and attending an support group meeting..so I guess I appreciate the time, since I have a lot to do.lol. I’m a little nervous too, but like you excitement outweighs everything other thing that I feel.lol. You’re almost at the finish line!!! I’m planning on taking my dummy date, they told me I could switch it if I wanted to, but when the time comes I’m pretty sure that I will take it.lol.

Where are you from Jaz? I’m from NJ.. I’ve created an IG account documenting my journey with pics and videos you can follow me there @ __heartonmysleeve__

Where are you from Jaz? I’m from NJ.. I’ve created an IG account documenting my journey with pics and videos you can follow me there @ __heartonmysleeve__

Everyone has IG but me.lol. I’m gonna create on me though, I’m also about to start a scrapbook for my journey as well...something physical to cherish. I’m from GA by the way. When I create my account I will add you.

4 hours ago, WLS4ME33 said:

Everyone has IG but me.lol. I’m gonna create on me though, I’m also about to start a scrapbook for my journey as well...something physical to cherish. I’m from GA by the way. When I create my account I will add you.

Not everyone has IG. heck, I am not even sure what it is. lol

Edited by Yoyogirl

What is IG if you don't mind me asking? I haven't heard of it?

Sent from my Moto E (4) using BariatricPal mobile app

IG is the nickname that they give Instagram. I’m not really one for taking photos a lot, so I never felt it necessary to have one.

Not everyone has IG. heck, I am not even sure what it is. lol

Lol. IG is just an abbreviation for Instagram. I don’t do a lot of pics so I don’t have one.

18 hours ago, WLS4ME33 said:

Lol. IG is just an abbreviation for Instagram. I don’t do a lot of pics so I don’t have one.

Thanks. I am not really into pictures either so think that I will pass. :)

Hi. I’m new to this as well. I’ve had some appt already: dietician, nurse, GI scan, PT assessment and mental health. My insurance also requires phone calls with their coaches so that’s going to take some time. I will be passed all of this by end of Feb, but will schedule it for May due to work.

I started thinking sleeve, but now I’m also considering bypass. This will be a revision from the lapband - so not my first rodeo, but will be my last and permanent choice. Nervous and excited.