Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Spring 2018 Sleevers??? Looking for support, surgery buddies, advice, etc.! Lol.

I felt the same way in being disappointed with the 6 month requirement. But, it truly ended up being a blessing. I had a lot of things come up in the last few months that would have made me cancel the surgery if I had been scheduled right away.
Plus, I too have taken this time to learn everything that I can about the surgery and beyond. I don't plan to fail at this [emoji6]

Yes! Say that! I’m so glad that I wasn’t able to rush into this, Ever since I’ve decided to have surgery I’ve been certain that it was what I needed and wanted, but initially I was dead set on having the bypass, did my research and all, but when I met with my surgeon and we talked about my life(literally lol), he told me that I could by all means have the bypass if I wanted it, but that he thought the sleeve was more fitting for me, so I decided to go with the sleeve, which means I had to start all the way over with research lol again another reason that I’m grateful for this waiting period.lol.

I am so glad to have found a nice group of people to share this journey with. That alone is very comforting.

Hi Jaz I’ll join you as well. I’m new also. I’m scheduled for my consultation on1/2/18. After that I have to visit the nutritionist once and the psych consult once. Then I can schedule the surgery. But I too am looking forward to support on this journey.

Hi.! And welcome! I’ll be having my 3rd month visit of the 6 with my PCP on the 2nd. My first visit with the nutritionist will be on 1/8/18, I’m excited and nervous for that.lol. Haven’t had my psych eval yet either, that’s scheduled for 1/30/18, and I also have to do a sleep study which will be on 1/18/18, and also support group meetings(they only require that we attend one, but I will be going to them all). This is such a tedious process, but I know it’s gonna be so worth it in the end! Support here is the BEST, no one can truly understand unless they are going through it themselves. I’ll definitely be here to show you support too!

Awesome!! I appreciate it. I’m so excited. And I found this app right on time. So much to learn about what’s to come [emoji846]

Yes, me too! The journey in it itself is exciting. The doctors I’ve seen for testing(blood work, upper GI etc.) are even so supportive. And love my surgeon and his team too. Everyone is sweet and supportive. And they have given me so much material.lol. There’s so much to learn. Have you tried Youtube videos? Dr. Wiener is good to watch, very informative, I’ve also heard Blossom Bariatrics is good, then you can just type in gastric sleeve journey and find people who have documented their whole process. There are so many resources out here.

I sure hope so Im ready to start the new me

Sent from my LGLS775 using BariatricPal mobile app

Yes me too!

Yay!! Surgery buddies.lol. Congratulations! How is the process going for you so far?

It’s going well. I have almost completed all the insurance requirements. I quit smoking seven months ago, and quit sodas in October. I’m starting healthy Neal planning tomorrow so I can get used to it. How about you?

Hi Jaz I am new to app. I am at 4 month mark so hopefully surgery in March 2018. I am looking forward to the friendship and support in my journey- my family knows about the surgery however they can’t understand as each of us can!

Yes, me too! The journey in it itself is exciting. The doctors I’ve seen for testing(blood work, upper GI etc.) are even so supportive. And love my surgeon and his team too. Everyone is sweet and supportive. And they have given me so much material.lol. There’s so much to learn. Have you tried Youtube videos? Dr. Wiener is good to watch, very informative, I’ve also heard Blossom Bariatrics is good, then you can just type in gastric sleeve journey and find people who have documented their whole process. There are so many resources out here.

Yes I am following a few ladies on there. My surgeon is Wiljon Beltre. Found him on realself app about 6 months ago. I have been talking with his staff. Then I found out an old coworker went to the same doctor and spoke very highly of him. So now it's the waiting game. Do you have an IG page I can follow you on? I can be a great cheerleader lol

On 12/30/2017 at 11:28 PM, Losingit2018 said:

I am so glad to have found a nice group of people to share this journey with. That alone is very comforting.

I agree! I haven't told all of my friends or coworkers yet but will eventually. It's reassuring to have people that truly understand what we're going through.

On 12/31/2017 at 9:17 AM, mdurham22 said:

It’s going well. I have almost completed all the insurance requirements. I quit smoking seven months ago, and quit sodas in October. I’m starting healthy Neal planning tomorrow so I can get used to it. How about you?

It's so awesome that you've done those things to get ready for surgery. I know I need to quit coffee and diet coke but can't get myself to do it! Any tips?

On 12/28/2017 at 8:24 AM, dolphin839 said:

Hi Jaz I truly believe only we know how we feel and we are on a journey to better health and a longer life. My sleeve is Jan 2nd and my pre op qualifying is done but I just took each test and consult one at a time and soon you will be looking at your date.

Good luck on your journey to better health and a longer, happier life.

Good luck tomorrow! Keep us posted on how you're doing!

Yes me too! No one really understands unless they have gone through it, or are going through it too.