Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Spring 2018 Sleevers??? Looking for support, surgery buddies, advice, etc.! Lol.

Hi.! And welcome! It has to be amazing to be going through this journey with one of the closest people too you. This is a great app, people here are so supportive, and it’s just great to know that we aren’t alone in this. We will definitely be going in around the same time! I’m really hoping for late April because my appointments fall on the 2nd of each month, but only time will tell. I have my psych appointment and my 4th of the 6 required appts. with my PCP next week...then I’ll be done until it’s time to get cardiac clearance in April..hopefully I’ll be able to have my things submitted for approval no later than April 6th...definitely want to be buddies[emoji4]

Good for you and yes, let’s hope you get the date you want, I’m hoping for the 3rd week of April!! As per my friend I just had her download the app, looking forward to keeping each other updated on our journey!

So, oops. I've been so busy today I didn't eat Breakfast. I wasn't really hungry during lunch so I had a Protein Shake. dinner I had a piece of fish. But that was it. My calories for the day was 395. So I just had another Protein shake. I've never in my life ever eaten so little. But my energy was great today up until after my Zumba class this evening. So aside from being on a liquid diet, what has your calories been at? Usually, mine range between 1,000 and 1,700.

Sent from my SM-G920T using BariatricPal mobile app

Hi! I’m Nicole. I have my consult tomorrow and would love a buddy to ask questions to and help rid me of some anxiety. The whole “forever” part of this surgery is really freaking me out and I’ve read all kinds of wierd reviews. I hope the benefits outweigh the struggles

Hi Nicole, lovely name by the way(Nicole is my middle name lol)welcome! I promise you this is the best place to be. There’s a lot of support, honesty, and trust on BP...one thing that we discuss at group meetings and that I’ve heard so many people that are post op say is that their experience wasn’t anything like anyone else’s.....we’re all different, our bodies are different, our tolerances are different, and our mindsets are different, so don’t let other people’s “negative” experiences deter you from making this life change. Come into this with a positive mindset, stay focused on your goal weight and all of the good that’s going to come out this for you...associate the word “forever” with positivity. You’re going to have your weight under control “forever”.....if you have a food addiction(like me and many of us here) you’ll be done with that addiction “forever”...it’s all about the mindset. I’m definitely here for you for questions, support, etc.!

I'm just starting. I have to do 6 months of diet class. I just had my 3rd class. I have my first appointment with the surgeon next Tuesday and he will decide which surgery. I want the sleeve but I think he is going to push for bypass. I'm working on quitting smoking now (he won't do the surgery if you smoke) and then I have to ditch the Diet Coke. I never realized how intense the process was or how much work you have to put into it. I'm really nervous about the pre-op diet and being able to function at work barely eating. Same with post-op. I'll only be able to take 2 weeks off and I hear some people are out for 6 weeks.

Hi Lilymunster. Yes ditch the Diet Coke, stop smoking and committ yourself to start living more healthy. It's not gonna be the easiest thing you've ever done, and from reading others posts you may even be tempted to throw in the towel a few times. I am looking forward to a RnY myself in March, I have Gerd, sleep apnea, long standing arthritis(since i,was 25) and have had both knees replaced. Not whining, just a fact of my life. Now at 72 I've committed myself to living the rest of my days healthier and thinner. It's a journey but feel I'm up to it all. I'm a widow of 5 1/2 years so my,main support person is my son. Since my Bariatric name is kakatlady612 I call,him my Tomkitten, very proud of me for stepping forward into this new lifestyle. If you like a buddy let me volunteer, ask anything and I'll try to help.

Sent from my VS880PP using BariatricPal mobile app

@kakatlady612 Just want to say that I think it is awesome that you are getting this surgery at 72 -- you may well live 30 more years, after all! That's a lot of living ahead and well worth a few tough months of surgery.

Hello! I am just beginning. I had my consult Jan 17th and my insurance only requires a 90 day waiting period with several other "clearance" appointments. I am also hoping for a spring surgery date, hopefully the beginning of May if all goes well. Fingers crossed! I have several appointments scheduled and go next week for my first dietician appointment. I can't say enough about how excited I am to get this new life started!

Welcome Chrisp2018, will you be a sleeve or a RnY? Either way we are glad to have you. Are there any questions I can help,with? My avatar says I'm a Guru in Training, so I must be super smart. I'm planning a RnY myself in March, just waiting on my surgeon's office to call me back in the next week or so. I have been big most of my life and obese for a good portion of that. I am 72, old enough to be most everyone else's grandma or great grandma but I'm in it to win it like everone else. I want to live the rest of my life thinner and healthy. My main cheerleader in this undertaking is my son and I'm so grateful to have him.

Sent from my VS880PP using BariatricPal mobile app

Thank you! I am shooting for the sleeve. I'm a mom of 4 and work full time, so a lot of that choice was based on down time. At my consult appointment they said since my job is more seditary I should only be down about a week, then light duty(no lifting) that is awesome that you are taking this step to a better you! I have also been big all my life, and thus past year it feels like my weight has gotten away from me and I can keep up with my kids. They are 16, 14, and two 5 year olds. I need to get healthy so I can be here for all of them. I'm with you!! Most definitely in it to win it!!

Sent from my VS988 using BariatricPal mobile app

I’m hoping for a Spring date as well. I started last Summer with the informational seminar but given my history, the doctors wanted to make sure the WLS would be successful so I had to jump through a few extra hoops before officially being accepted into the program. Luckily though, my insurance only requires 3 months, so I should be able to have the sleeve done the end of April/beginning of May. I’m really excited, nervous, ready, anxious, etc. but I know this is the tool I need to finally lose all this weight.

I’m hoping for a Spring date as well. I started last Summer with the informational seminar but given my history, the doctors wanted to make sure the WLS would be successful so I had to jump through a few extra hoops before officially being accepted into the program. Luckily though, my insurance only requires 3 months, so I should be able to have the sleeve done the end of April/beginning of May. I’m really excited, nervous, ready, anxious, etc. but I know this is the tool I need to finally lose all this weight.

Hey i have stared my journey in october. My insurance requires 6 months so im already half way. Im hoping for april surgery. So im right there with you! What are some of your weight goals?

Sent from my SM-N910P using BariatricPal mobile app

I just want to be in the normal weight range. I've been at least moderately fat all my life so I don't know what to expect.

Sent from my SM-G950U using BariatricPal mobile app

Hi everyone! I am a “newbie” here, and I’m also new to the *Wonderful World of Weight-loss Surgery*. I started my process in November, my insurance requires a consecutive 6 month physician supervised diet,my appointment next week will make month 3 for me(halfway mark yay!!). This is my first time making a post, I mostly get on here to just read research, but I noticed that everyone is either post-op, or already on the liquid diet, so I’m looking for people to connect with that are currently still going through the process before approval like me...a little about myself: My name is Jaz I am 25yrs old.
MY STATS:
Height: 5”6
CW: 243(give or take)
HW: 250
GW: 140
BMI:39

Hey girl ! Joining this journey with you! (Along with a lot of others) Im so glad i came across someone with sililar stats height and weight. Did any of the doctor's you met with say anything about your bmi being boarder line 40?

Hey i have stared my journey in october. My insurance requires 6 months so im already half way. Im hoping for april surgery. So im right there with you! What are some of your weight goals?

My program tells us we can expect to lose about 1/3 of our starting weight. Ideally I’d like to get to about 1/2- that would put me in a healthy weight category for my height. But honestly I can’t wrap my head around that. I’m currently 33 years old and probably haven’t been that weight since junior high.

In the end I’m looking forward to having more energy, less pain, and being healthy.

I’m just impressed that journaling, changing my eating behaviors, and drinking Water is actually helping me to lose weight before the surgery. So I’m excited to see what these changes will do when combined with the surgery.

How about you?