Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Intro time: who's new to the group, who's pre-op, & who just recently made it to the loser's bench?

Your Dr. Should have given you a diet start date, (usually 1-2 weeks pre op). Give them a call to see. Some people don't need it from what I've seen on here....

Your Dr. Should have given you a diet start date, (usually 1-2 weeks pre op). Give them a call to see. Some people don't need it from what I've seen on here....

I will thank you, and also I will start trying the liquid diet for a few days to see how is it

Gret Quesada

Hey all!

Just signed up on BP today. I'm pre-op; had my first appointment a little over a year ago on 08/08/2016. Thus far I have jumped through all the hoops presented save for getting to the surgery-safe weight they want me at. As of this morning, I am 22lbs away from it, and down 110lbs from March of last year, my highest weight ever of 652lbs. My next weigh-in (and hopefully the day I will be greenlighted for surgery), is the 21st of this month.

I'm busting my butt to try and get rid of these last 20ish pounds, but am very worried that I am going to just miss my mark. I'm currently on a modified liquid diet of 900-1000cal/day, consisting of 4 Premier Protein shakes and one lean and green meal of approx. 300cals, and do what exercises I can, but I am still limited in my mobility, thus my activities. Does anyone have any suggestions to amp up weight loss? I've heard of doing a milk diet in the week or two right before actual surgery to help shrink down the liver etc., but I'm open to anything. I'm so close, I just need an extra little push!

Any advice is much appreciated. :)

XOXO,

Mo

Hi, joined BP back in September I believe. Just completed my 2nd nutrition appointment of the 7 my insurance requires. Have done the abdominal ultrasound and a sleep study. Next month is nutrition appointment #3, my 3 month check in with my surgeon's office, and my psych eval. My upper endoscopy is in February and my cardiologist appointment is in March. I feel like the process is going by pretty quickly. Hoping to get a date in May (very hopeful) or June [emoji5]

1 hour ago, AnisaLeah said:

Hi, joined BP back in September I believe. Just completed my 2nd nutrition appointment of the 7 my insurance requires. Have done the abdominal ultrasound and a sleep study. Next month is nutrition appointment #3, my 3 month check in with my surgeon's office, and my psych eval. My upper endoscopy is in February and my cardiologist appointment is in March. I feel like the process is going by pretty quickly. Hoping to get a date in May (very hopeful) or June [emoji5]

Hang in there....it does go by pretty fast.... Hard to believe mine is only 9 days away now... You got this!!!

Hello everyone. I had my VSG on 08-31-17 and I am down 80 pounds. I am happy the weight is coming off but things have been very hard. My wife and I got sleeved together and we have had lots of issues these past few months. We have come close to divorcing. Also, I am in recovery and had been sober for 9 years. I relapsed two weeks ago and I think not being able to abuse food anymore played a huge part in that. I am back in AA but the relapse just caused more issues for my wife and I. Don’t expect the surgery to fix all of your problems because it won’t.

Hang in there....it does go by pretty fast.... Hard to believe mine is only 9 days away now... You got this!!!

It feels like its speeding by already! Wishing you luck and a speedy recovery! Congrats!

Brand-new and a little more than a week pre-op (insurance approval pending, so fingers crossed)

A little nervous, but mostly excited. I'm happy that I found this site; everyone is so helpful and supportive, which I really need right now!

Hello, I'm Tabitha. I had a vertical sleeve gastrectomy on 11/28. I was 360 lbs on surgery day & am down to 335.
Sent from my LG-M255 using BariatricPal mobile app

That's an incredible loss already! Yay!! I was sleeved on 11/30 but I'm only down 10lbs so far.

Sent from my SM-G950U using BariatricPal mobile app

Hi I am Lisa and I'm having my Gastric bypass surgery December 12th. This liquid diet is killing me. I am so sick of Protein Shakes popsicles broth and Jello. Is there any secrets out there to make these things taste a little more glamorous? I have just a couple of more days to go. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my Z981 using BariatricPal mobile app

Hi I am Lisa and I'm having my Gastric bypass surgery December 12th. This liquid diet is killing me. I am so sick of Protein Shakes popsicles broth and Jello. Is there any secrets out there to make these things taste a little more glamorous? I have just a couple of more days to go. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I was having the problem of feeling like I’m drinking dessert all day. It was making nauseous. I decided to mix two flavors together. I mixed strawberry(liquid shake) and chocolate (powder mix- half serving of each) and they kind of cancel the sweetness out of each other. I know it doesn’t sound like it makes sense but it works for me lol

@Redd73 I cooked veg and garlic in beef Bone Broth and strained them out added a dash of cayenne....in chicken bone broth I cooked some cabbage, onion, spinach, added a tsp of lemon juice and a dash of cayenne.

I liked Jay Robb dreamsicle shakes, and Isopure ready-made blue raspberry or punch - they are tart and good on ice, can dilute w half a glass of crystal light lemonade. Hang in there, it feels like 10 years to be consuming liquid diet but it gets better on the 'other side' by week three....chin up!

Thank you for replying to my post. I am mixing unsweetened cocoa powder in with my Premier Protein shakes to give it a better taste and less sweet and that is pretty good. But I've been doing it so much lately I'm getting sick of it. I will try what you had mentioned. Thanks for your support.

Edited by Redd73