Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Intro time: who's new to the group, who's pre-op, & who just recently made it to the loser's bench?

I’m new, currently hating the liquid diet, but trying to keep busy so I don’t think about solids. Surgery date is 12/14. I’m pretty nervous, but so ready to get it over with.

I joined BP in November, will have my orientation on January 6th and a phone appointment with my surgeon on January 13th.

I'm just getting started but I'm really excited.

Thanks for starting the thread.

Candy

I’m just getting started too. I called my doc to ask about how to get a referral, and we are meeting on Wednesday to get the referral and start the 3 month supervised diet. I figure it will take that long to get everything squared away and to prepare myself anyhow, so it’s all good.

I hope to have the surgery in late March or early April, but it depends on insurance delays. I have Cigna and from what I hear, they look for any reason to say no. I also teach Seniors, so I need to be at my best in May so I make sure I help them cross the stage.

Time will tell, but I am excited to just get started.

Height: 5’6
SW: 235
GW: 140-150
BMI: 37.5
TKR on left knee at 36

Hello. My name is Erica and I am fairly new to BP. I’ve completed all my requirements and am scheduled for RNY on December 14th. Have been on the pre-op liquid diet since last week Sunday but I’m getting used to the shakes and Jello by now.

My name is Eileen. Im from Massachusetts. Im 35. I'm just got approved for a revision surgery. Band to bypass for Jan 11. I'm not on liquids yet but an on a medical diet. (Have been for a while) I also just had my gallbadder out, 11/29. Excited and ready to go.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using BariatricPal mobile app

Hi! I'm relatively new, but been moving through the process for about 9 months. Surgery is on Wednesday. I've been excited for this for awhile--but now I'm getting nervous. I'm thankful my dr. doesn't have a 2 week liquid diet because 2 weeks no carbs, no sugar has been hard enough. liquids only tomorrow!

On 12/7/2017 at 0:57 PM, fabnfit said:

Hello I am done with the pre-op and the endoscopy my surgery is scheduled for next week Thursday I'm almost at the finish
line.

Sent from my LGLS775 using BariatricPal mobile app

Congrats to you hun,good luck,wishing I was that close,but glad you are,if ya need any talk I'm here,and I'm new my name is Pam.

On 12/9/2017 at 5:42 PM, ewilliams4491 said:

Hello. My name is Erica and I am fairly new to BP. I’ve completed all my requirements and am scheduled for RNY on December 14th. Have been on the pre-op liquid diet since last week Sunday but I’m getting used to the shakes and Jello by now.

Hi my name is Pam,and congrats to you,I've not had mine yet I have to lose 17 pounds before insurance covers it,and I see the pushchair on Dec 26th and back to surgery on January 3rd in hopes that this 17 pounds is gone,I do my shakes and Water and dinner, they said not to go on liquid diet to lose the 17 pounds but I'm finding it hard to lose I lose 3 pounds a month its hard.that's the whole reason to have the surgery.

31 minutes ago, readingdoc said:

Hi! I'm relatively new, but been moving through the process for about 9 months. Surgery is on Wednesday. I've been excited for this for awhile--but now I'm getting nervous. I'm thankful my dr. doesn't have a 2 week liquid diet because 2 weeks no carbs, no sugar has been hard enough. liquids only tomorrow!

Congrats to you let us no how it goes,prayers with ya.

I'm pre op and new to the group

Sent from my SM-N920T using BariatricPal mobile app

Hey everyone! I'm new to the site! This is my second time being in the bariatric program. I basically chickened out back in the beginning of 2016 with only one month to go.

Everything is different now and I cannot wait to make the change! I am 2 appointments down out of 6 with my surgeon. I have quit smoking (one of the main factors I didn't follow through last time), and I no longer drink any carbonated beverages. I've seen a cardiologist and gotten the all clear from the ekg, echo is scheduled for this week. I have done my psych eval (one of the things I kept blowing off last time), and am just waiting for the report to make it to my surgeon. I go and see the nutritionist on Friday so then that will be completed. I also have completed the chest x-ray and upper endoscopy. I just need to schedule with the pulmonologist I believe mainly for a sleep study but they haven't called me to set that up yet.

I'm hopeful for surgery by May 2018!

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using BariatricPal mobile app