Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Intro time: who's new to the group, who's pre-op, & who just recently made it to the loser's bench?

Found out I was approved for surgery on Friday! I have my pre-op surgery appointment on May 1 and hopefully will get a surgery date at that meeting.

I found out I was approved on Tuesday and got the call to book it on Wednesday! June 4th is my date :)

Sent from my LG-H918 using BariatricPal mobile app

Hello All,

Just got my surgery approval last week and my surgery is scheduled May 9th. On day one of my pre-op liquid diet and nervous as heck about if I can actually do all liquids for two weeks.

Hi, I've only been on the forums for about a month. This is my second go at WLS. Four years ago, I made it through all of the steps, lost 80 pounds on my own, but then chickened out 4 days before the surgery. Fast forward to current: gained back all of the weight within a year, arthritis and associated pain got much worse, and I got four years older. So, back on a new WLS program in a new state, started last year from an all time high of 412 pounds, lost 40 on my own, and 12 since starting with the doctors at UTSW. I have been to my nutrition and other appointments, and have the appointment with my surgeon on 12 May, when I hope to hear that I will get my surgery date. I am having a gastric sleeve. I am just so sick of not being able to move around like I want, and do the things I want. The target at my initial appointment was a May surgery, but an extra appointment for an echocardiogram may push that into early June, though I hope not. I am so ready.

So, I was scheduled for surgery for 5/16, they originally tried to get me in for 5/7 after my appointment today, but that was a little too quick for me to get off work. Side note, I still haven't received official paperwork from the insurance company that I have been approved, but the hospital said they received the approval (they won't let you schedule for your preop with the surgeon until you get it). Should I be worried? Or just allow myself to shamelessly Celebrate briefly before I muscle my way through the liquid diet.

Hi,
Done with everything have date May8th

Hi I’m fairly new to the group. Before even joining I learned so much from this forum and am thankful for the info here. I have finished all my insurance requirements and have scheduled my EDG and sleep study (surgeon requirements). My first dietician visit was 2/27/18 and since then I have lost 29lbs.

My pre-op liquid diet will be 1 week per surgeon and I am hoping for a June surgery but may have to wait until July depending on insurance etc!
Hoping for VSG.
I am 4’11” tall.
HW: 301
CW: 272
GW: 120

So, I was scheduled for surgery for 5/16, they originally tried to get me in for 5/7 after my appointment today, but that was a little too quick for me to get off work. Side note, I still haven't received official paperwork from the insurance company that I have been approved, but the hospital said they received the approval (they won't let you schedule for your preop with the surgeon until you get it). Should I be worried? Or just allow myself to shamelessly Celebrate briefly before I muscle my way through the liquid diet.

enjoy something before you start your liquid diet because I didn't it came too fast .before you know it I was already having surgery .the weight loss center where I went submitted my claim 5 days before my surgery they had already given me a date and it was approved the day before so don't worry if they're telling you to start your liquid diet go ahead and start it

Sent from my SM-G920T1 using BariatricPal mobile app

Hey everyone! I’ve been lurking around for a while and just starting to post. I’m starting my Options classes this Monday, 5/7 at Kaiser South Bay. If anybody has any info about Kaiser South Bay/ SoCal Options program, let me know! Looking forward to get to know everyone!

Hi @TX4everLinds you can always be my friend, I'm in Ohio,72, 5ft 8in 320.25 pounds, maybe I finally found someone to look up to me! Don't worry I'm very nice and kind, some of my friends and most of my Daddy's people are short. I've been in the back row in family reunion pictures since I was 10 years old. Some didn't even want me THERE, they are all medium complexion, even the uncles are maybe 5ft6in, here I show up, fair complexion, red-gold hair taller than everybody else and chubby too. Imagine a dodo bird at a crow convention! And the mutterings in the background- Is she ours? I guess she's ours, she's Cliff's girl. Hmmm, she sure is funny looking. Imagine being 10 years old and over-hearing this from your nearest and dearest? I haven't seen most of them since my Momma died in 2003 and they made a courtesy call at the funeral home, they're satisfied, I guess I am too.👸👍👩👎

Hey everybody! Just starting the process, but was accepted into the program through my insurance company. I have my first meeting with the surgeon Tuesday the 8th. It has been a long time coming and I'm ready to get things moving!

Hi@TX4everLinds you can always be my friend, I'm in Ohio,72, 5ft 8in 320.25 pounds, maybe I finally found someone to look up to me! Don't worry I'm very nice and kind, some of my friends and most of my Daddy's people are short. I've been in the back row in family reunion pictures since I was 10 years old. Some didn't even want me THERE, they are all medium complexion, even the uncles are maybe 5ft6in, here I show up, fair complexion, red-gold hair taller than everybody else and chubby too. Imagine a dodo bird at a crow convention! And the mutterings in the background- Is she ours? I guess she's ours, she's Cliff's girl. Hmmm, she sure is funny looking. Imagine being 10 years old and over-hearing this from your nearest and dearest? I haven't seen most of them since my Momma died in 2003 and they made a courtesy call at the funeral home, they're satisfied, I guess I am too.[emoji73][emoji106][emoji68][emoji107]

Thanks for the reply! I can’t imagine!!!

Sooooo.... I finally had my first appointment on my weight loss journey. This was with a Nutritionist. He basically interviewed me about my eating habits, mental health, weight loss history etc.

I have to spend 3 Months with his department (dietetics), meeting as a group every 2 weeks, before being passed to the bariatric team.

During my time with him I have to lose 2.5% of my body weight to progress to the next stage. This is only around 7lbs so not too worried. At the next stage with the Bariatric team, I then need to lose a further 5% before getting final sign off for surgery.

What I found really strange is that the Nutritionist said that they would recommend the Gastric sleeve as it has a better effect on reversing type 2 diabetes than Bypass.

I found this quite surprising as all the research I had done beforehand pointed to the exact opposite.

Ah my Celtic Warrior, a long time,since I heard, Yes I had never heard, and I have researched as well as listened to many on here,and,never have I heard this. I certainly would like to hear more of this new angle to things.
As for me, I still have not had my long-wished for surgery. I am in a second program , the first after letting me do theirs through not,once but twice,I longer defined to perform my surgery . They made their black-hearted decision on 20th February,i signed into a,new scheme 9th March, was accepted at met with their staff psychologist Dr Kramer April 25th at Martha Morehouse Pavillion in Columbus Ohio, division of the Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center and I am truly excited for this new chance. Why,did I go to the first plan, well my Primary doctor felt it would be the shortest and best fit forME -Obviously Not- are you ready for this kick to the teeth? It was a Catholic Hospital so Christian based? No thank,you, I'll take my chances with the heathens at University!
I have my next appointment 24th May with my case-manager. nurse-Practioner and dietcian. I had surmised it would be a Hello nice to meet You meeting, now I'm less certain. Another poster on here mentioned meeting the same ladies at her hospital and she said it will be her presurgical, dare I hope it may be the same for me? Oh I hope I hope. But we shall see what we shall see. But I could perhaps be a June Surgery?😋

Hey all! I'm new to this forum. I'm scheduled for RNY on 6/4....SOOOO EXCITED! I had a lap and placed in 2008 and then replaced in 2009 due to a slip. I lost about 70lbs. Then life started to happen. The insurance I had did want to pay for fills. Luckily I still had some restriction...even going thru 2 more pregnancies. I got new insurance coverage in 2016 and decided to get a fill only to find out my band had slipped again. The Dr did not recommend another band and suggested I have it removed and get a revision if I wanted. YES PLEASE! I'm blessed to awesome insurance. It did not require me to do a 3,6, or 12 month pre-op diet. I did have to do the EGD, psych, and nutritionist visits. I was required by the surgeon to wait 3 months after band removal in early January for my stomach to heal. I wanted to have surgery in late April but was delayed because the office assumed I had to see the Nut more than once and didn't do my due diligence in confirming what my requirements are. Anyhoo...I can't dwell on that. Its just a few weeks. I'm eager to get my health under control (I have hypertension) and look and feel good in my clothes again.

Welcome my new Windy City pal. Spring is finally here and the only thing warmer than the weather is your welcome here. How do I know you're in Chicago? I looked up your profile, not as much info as in a true computer, I'm using the mobile app on an Android phone.No shame in that. you'll see I'm in Mount Vernon Ohio 48 miles NE of Columbus where I will be having my RnY. When? Well the Bariatric God's have not favored me with that knowledge as of yet, could be as soon as next month. Until then and then past then also Baby I'm Yours. Any time you have questions, anytime you need a friend I'm usually,lurking nearby. Hope we can help you have a good experience.🌺😊🌸