Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Intro time: who's new to the group, who's pre-op, & who just recently made it to the loser's bench?

I'm in Ohio, it was nice and close to 50--some, Winter Storm Warnings for tomorrow, I hate the up and downs this March but at least we don't have the repeated Nor'easters our friend in Massachusetts has had!!

Sent from my VS880PP using BariatricPal mobile app

On 3/19/2018 at 6:06 PM, frust8 said:

Justb116, very few do wish they hadn't had WLS -'more wish they had done it sooner. I am still pre surg but I wish I had it done at a younger age. I'm 72, it won't be a "Walk in the park" for me like I was 20,30 or even 40. But I want a better rest of my days on this earth and I can't have that in a painful tired body which is slowing from the sheer weight of me. I want and I need this surgery, I've been trying since August 2015 and this spring will be my time I will be a RnY in Columbus Ohio.

I don't have a surgery date yet, it will be most likely in the summer. I will be 40 this year and I'm tired of my body feeling like it' 85. I know I can be successful I'm just nervous about the possible issues after the fact. It' a big decision. But I'm going to keep talking , reading and researching as much as possible so that I can get more comfortable and less worried. I' glad I found this site bc I know I can' be the only one unsure or worried.

Oh you are not, even an old cowgirl like me gets the blues or whimwahs from time to time. Some days it's "Am I going to let them control me or am I going to control it"? You have got to stand for something, stay the course or you will no longer be ahead and you have to play catch up, and that will be harder. I am of an age where I do not make myself extra work if I can avoid it. Some days I don't feel good and have to budget my energy. But I manage daily to get it done and done well.

Life is a strange ole thing, you may think you've got yourself centered and then someone or something moves the ends. I'll never strive to be average or ordinary, you are as close to failure as you are to success. Be extraordinary, there is only one of YOU so do it well, The world may need you to fulfill something special![emoji7]

I just joined and am SO happy to have this forum!! I will get sleeved on 4/27! Can NOT wait! CW: 195 (5’5) and goal weight is 130(ish).... hopefully! I haven’t been that weight since my 20s!! (41 now!)

I haven't been my goal weight since I was 15. Looked up on a BMI chart, according to the one I checked 26.7 is considered in overweight column, don't care that much, it ,to me, would be attainable and potentially sustainable and at 72 now and probably,73 by the time I make it down that low, I will be 1 happy camper[emoji590]. Know I would never be a bikini candidate, too many stretch marks that criss-cross, but I would like a swimsuit in something besides black or navy and no little skirt on the bottom. Never could see the wisdom of that style, did the manufacturer think that would hide my Thunder Thighs? It don't, you know! They are still there --cellulite and all, but I want to lose the dimples there. If I still have to have cottage cheese thighs--[emoji21] let's make it very small curd![emoji7]

I am getting a duodenal switch this summer. I am prepared for the extra skin. but to help in decreasing it, I am using Nerium's Firm. It has had great results! It isn't a wonder cream, but any bit of firmness helps! You can order a bottle at mysmirtle.nerium.com

Michelekarch if you are still lurking around and I hope you are, I didn't have my surgery at Mount Carmel with Marcus Miller. Amber, his Bariatric Facilitator is wonderful, I loved her and I guess I always will, but Dr Miller & I parted company in February. His idea-- not mine. Don't want to bad-mouth him, he may still be perfect for you. Now planning for surgery at OSU, maybe May? I will still receive my RnY, maybe the delay will strengthen me but I thought I was strong enough already. At any rate sunshine for today and the future![emoji304]

Hi! New here. Doing a lot of reading and just some posting. First appt. with the surgeon is April 11. Appointment with cardiologist for the consultation with them is Saturday.

I’ve been flip flopping on this decision for a couple years and am now finally taking real steps towards doing it!

Welcome, anything else about your choices or journey we would love to hear! Easter Bunny says[emoji195]Happy Easter too,[emoji12]

Oh I plan to [emoji23] I need somewhere to go with all my questions and venting!

And we are just like talking across the back fence, we are all journeyers at all stages along the road. And there is almost always someone who has had your problem and made it through! Really,is nothing new under the sun[emoji93]

Don't be nervous, when you are on Bariatric Pal you are among friends. The veterans, who I count among our greatest resource, have been there, done that,made it through and are here to share their experiences and cheer us on as each of us makes our own journey. Some of us, like you, are newbies, some still completing requirements, some with dates set and some with brand new surgeries. Yeah all different stages but we are united in wanting to help others.This is not an easy journey, sometimes not a quick journey, but all, unless we turn back, make it to the finish line. We come in with different life experiences but it makes for a richer fabric of life here. Relax, sit down and tell us a little more about yourself, we always enjoy hearing from New friends![emoji12]

Hello everyone,

I am writing this from New Zealand and yet reading all of your posts makes me feel more connected to you all than some people in my own town!

I am right at the beginning. As in, I have decided that I want and need weight loss surgery. I have visited my Dr who is referring me to the surgeon. I have done some blood tests and signed up to this forum. The surgeon has asked that I do another set of bloods as Zinc was not included in the first round. The surgeons administrative assistant has contacted me regarding booking in my first consultation. That is it.

I am scared. That I will regret having the surgery and I end up having reflux and/or vomiting for the rest of my life. Yet, if I follow the set-out routine and diet, I shouldn't encounter it.

What is worse is the constant battle around food that is going on in my head every single day. If not every single spare moment. I have been seeing a CBT therapist and she agrees that surgery Will be a great tool to help me eat less and not eat for emotional needs. I need to live free of this burden.

I feel like a weak person. For choosing surgery instead of 'putting in the mind work'. However this option is incredibly difficult to get my head around.

Here are my questions, of which I shall ask my professionals as well:

1. What is the worst possible outcome for me if I do not follow a healthy diet?

2. Will I ever truly be free of this burden of self-abuse?

3. Why can't I control myself around food at certain times of the month or when I am going through something difficult? How will having this surgery change this?

So far this is all I have. I don't even know which type of surgery to have. I just need to put all this here so it's out of me and in the hands of individuals who have been where I am right now. Even if no one replies, at least I have been able to articulate how I am feeling at this stage of my journey.

Inner peace and outward strength

Natasa