Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Favorite Liquids and Mushies

I thought that we could all start posting out fravorite Post-op liquids and mushies with the recipies so we could all help eachother!!! I know I for one am sick of soup!

I don't ever want to eat Jello again, LOL. My favorite was refried Beans and sour cream from Taco Bell, I lived on that during mushy stage. I hate milk, so I didn't do Protein shakes until I was over two years past band date. Now I can tolerate them....a little, but without milk, unless it's a milkshake, lol.

There are several very informative threads in the food section that have lots of info.

Good luck on your journey.

yum... refried Beans and sour cream... can't wait for that...

My favorite so far is the Kozy Shack rice pudding and tapioca pudding. Both are sugar free and are on the "liquids" part of the diet. Then again - I can have soupy oatmeal and soupy grits... so those are my favs too.. :rolleyes:

Amy

I blended Soups while in the full liquid stage. Anything that I could put in the blender became fair game during the mushy stage. I am now in the soft stage. I'm using basically the same food as the mushy but without the blender. meat gravy, potatoes, rice, cooked to death veggies. Can't eat much, but what I can- tastes heavenly!

For anyone who likes peas, this is my step dads recipe. It's really good.

Take one bag of split peas put in pot and just cover with Water. I simmered mine for about 1 1/2 hours. You may have to add more water as they cook down. When they were done, I let them sit for a little while to thicken. Add some milk to thin and about 1-2 tsps. of sugar. Very yummy. I also made Mashed potatoes, but added a turnip, some carrots, and any other root veggies that you might have. Lots of flavor.

recipes dont do good for me...LOL I wanted FLAVOR!! I went to Taco Cabana and got the tortilla Soup and just ate the broth, it was still heavenly, I also got those dried Soups and made them and ten strained them but hard enough to push some of the starchy bean or Pasta tase through but have no bits...It was yummy!! BUt it is inevitable soup gets old!! Also, to get Protein I am doing Slim Fast Low carb shakes. They taste ok, but I have trouble getting enough in....Gotta get that protein...LOL PS if you like french onion soup, a trick to get the same taste without the onions is to make beef bouillion and add som salt pepper and some onion powder to taste....I promise, it tastes like French onion soup!! Yummy!

Early I wrote that I like the fat free/sugar free pudding. I decided to stop eating that because I was starting to eat more than I should cause it is a easy food that goes down and is yummy. My nutritionist says I should stay away from it cause it really doesn't have a lot of nutritional value, it would be better to eat something else. I have decided to avoid it to make sure I don't over eat on it.

I had some cottage cheese, that was good. I am on thick liquids now, so still it is Protein Shakes, yogurt, Soup, the usual.

Today i was having a fit for food (started my period) so I made myself a frozen coffee drink:

One packet of diet swiss miss cocoa

One packet of cappachino coolers

one scoop of Protein Powder

one cup of skim milk

This is 245 calories, but also 27 grams of Protein, it was YUMMY.

I cant wait to eat eggs...I need to get a life, right?

Hey Carrot, I made chocolate fudge sf/ff pudding and added 2 scoops of Isopure vanilla flavored Protein powder. I whipped it all up with a mixer and poured it into 4 pretty decent sized bowls. It tastes great, and creamy and I don't even notice the Isopure at all. Isopure (from GNC) is a protein isolate and has a LOT of protein per scoop compared to other protein powders.< /p>

well, i am on full liquids and i am having trouble finding foods that have adequate Protein, eating them 3 times a day and staying between 500 to 800 calories.

my favorite thing so far was a can of great northern Beans cooked with a slice of bacon and a little salt (remove the bacon of course), then i "processed" the Beans until they were the consistency of a milk shake. it was VERY good, i ate the whole can and didn't mind it becuase of the fact that i felt i needed the Protein.< /p>

also, the healthy choice chicken tortilla Soup blended with cheddar cheese is really good.

i need ideas for Breakfast. the carnation instant Breakfast thing isn't helping me a whole lot.

Today is my first day on mushies, and ever since reading this thread I knew I wanted taco bell refried Beans on my first day. I had full liquids at work today because I didn't want to try anything new at work. Finally got home and and to wait for the computer tech guy to fix my computer. Finally my husband got home as the computer guy was finishing, I was out the door to Taco Bell!

I get all the way back home and open my little tub of refried Beans and find myself looking at some weird pototoes! I didn't even know Taco Bell had potatoes! My husband could see the meltdown coming, so he grabbed the crappy pototatoes and headed out the door to Taco Bell. I'm still waiting for him to get back.

:frusty:

Protein Protein Protein

Each morning I put my 2-scoops of protein in a little baggie and carry that bad boy with me all day. That way I make sure I'm getting enough in per drs orders. (2 scoops = almost 50 grams) and I'm suppose to be at 60 grams so its helping get me there.

I got the unflavored from GNC - I think there is only 2 choices when it comes to unflavored (Design Something I think its called) and it ran me $26 for a huge jug.

I can't do the milkshake route so I put it in everything including my drinking Water. It really mixes up well in everything and no ick after taste.