Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2017 Gastric Bypass!

Hello Everyone,

I'm down to 260 pounds from 311 in about two months. I also was stuck at 280 for about two weeks. My issue is that I'm barelly eating anything. Most of the time I'm eating fruits. Mango doesn't go down well, I wonder why? But then basically every other fruit (bananas, apple, oranges, grapes, melon, watermelon) I eat for lunch and dinner. For Breakfast I eat a small bawl of cheerio and polly cheese.

I tried to chicken, well cook steak and most vegetables but I keep vomiting them a couple of minutes of eating them. The other day I made some broil salmon and I ate some but the following day I tried to eat some left over and I just couldn't keep it down. I wonder when will I be able to eat some other food besides cheerio and fruits.

• Like 1

Hello Everyone,

I'm down to 260 pounds from 311 in about two months. I also was stuck at 280 for about two weeks. My issue is that I'm barelly eating anything. Most of the time I'm eating fruits. Mango doesn't go down well, I wonder why? But then basically every other fruit (bananas, apple, oranges, grapes, melon, watermelon) I eat for lunch and dinner. For Breakfast I eat a small bawl of cheerio and polly cheese.

I tried to chicken, well cook steak and most vegetables but I keep vomiting them a couple of minutes of eating them. The other day I made some broil salmon and I ate some but the following day I tried to eat some left over and I just couldn't keep it down. I wonder when will I be able to eat some other food besides cheerio and fruits.

Wow...what does your doctor nutritionist think? Have they given you any ideas about getting Protein in other ways?

1 hour ago, tankheadmommy said:

Wow...what does your doctor nutritionist think? Have they given you any ideas about getting Protein in other ways?

Doctor told me that 5 per week is on the high end, normally people lose about 4 per week. He told me to drink the Protein Shake and tried eating fish again.

• Like 1

Doctor told me that 5 per week is on the high end, normally people lose about 4 per week. He told me to drink the Protein Shake and tried eating fish again.

Sounds great!

If you can tolerate it, try lentils, blacks, etc. They are great sources of Protein, especially since your diet is geared heavily toward being plant-based. Keep up the great work!

Thanks, NatureLover! I have noticed a lot of posts about stalling and they did help. I just get so afraid of this not working either, with all of my weight loss failures! And my Protein intake is so bad since I just can’t stomach Protein Shakes and drinks. It’s the sweetness that makes me gag!

I'm back finally! The forum is giving me fits so I haven't had a chance to read through this thread. I hope everyone is doing well!

I'm at about 37 lbs down since Dec 28, so no complaints. I also got back to work yesterday (finally) and am feeling pretty tip top overall. My pouch handles different kinds of food well, and next week all restrictions are lifted so I can try raw veggies (hello salad!) and nuts. I've been fortunate to have a pretty unremarkable recovery.

I have finally figured out what my body's "tell" is for when I'm eating too fast (especially), or too much, etc. I get very bad indigestion in my back. Crampy and painful and it can last for hours. I'm only just figuring that out, and I have to get better at slowing down (or stopping) when it happens. (Like right now. OUCH!)

Anyway, nice to be back!

• Like 2

I'm back finally! The forum is giving me fits so I haven't had a chance to read through this thread. I hope everyone is doing well!
I'm at about 37 lbs down since Dec 28, so no complaints. I also got back to work yesterday (finally) and am feeling pretty tip top overall. My pouch handles different kinds of food well, and next week all restrictions are lifted so I can try raw veggies (hello salad!) and nuts. I've been fortunate to have a pretty unremarkable recovery.
I have finally figured out what my body's "tell" is for when I'm eating too fast (especially), or too much, etc. I get very bad indigestion in my back. Crampy and painful and it can last for hours. I'm only just figuring that out, and I have to get better at slowing down (or stopping) when it happens. (Like right now. OUCH!)
Anyway, nice to be back!

So nice to have you back. I'm glad you're doing well.
  • Like 1

Today's lesson - always remember to pay attention to the 30 minute rule! I'm usually very good, but I was eating a desperately needed snack while I was meeting with a couple of people and lost track of myself. I drank Water right away. Ouch!

• Like 2

YOOOOOOOOOO!!! WHAT'S THE WORD MY GOOD PEOPLE????? How yall doing??? Let's talk about it!

On the day of my surgery I was 311 and that was on December 18, 2017. As of May 12, 2018 I am at 210. I'm hoping to go down to 185-190.

14 minutes ago, Francisco82 said:

On the day of my surgery I was 311 and that was on December 18, 2017. As of May 12, 2018 I am at 210. I'm hoping to go down to 185-190.

Oh my!!! That is AWESOME!!! Congrats to you. Keep up the great work.