Jump to content
×
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2017 Gastric Bypass!



Recommended Posts

It has been 3 weeks since my bypass surgery. I lost about 40 pounds since the date of my surgery. I find it weird that after 3 week I'm barely hungry. I sometimes eat 1-2 per day. Today I ate a small bowl of about 3-4 oz of oatmeal and I ate about 80% then at night I had some Soup. I would like to know from others if they are going through the same thing as i am? Those who had the surgery more than 3 weeks ago did your get hungrier each week or it just stayed the same.

Also I'm looking at what I want to eat, has anyone tried eating cauliflower rice or quinoa? which one should I eat and which one states better? Do you think I should be able to eat it even though it only been 3 weeks since my surgery?

I'm not quite there weeks out yet, but I already have hunger. My doctor only wants me to eat Protein at this point, so no veggies yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hello everyone! I hope everyone is doing well! I'm amazed how good I feel, I did have a flare up of my Fibromyalgia this past Sunday I was feeling so good I forgot not to push myself. I'm feeling better now other than my arthritis. I go for my two weeks follow up this Thursday, I'm assuming my doctor will move me to the puree stage, I haven't had any issue with the shakes but I also have not experienced and hunger sensation. The smell of some food makes me want to have a bite, I was cooking bacon for my family and started crying, it was super weird but I was warned that may happen. Also good commercials advertising food bothers me a bit too. So far I've lost 20lbs since the day of my surgery.

I'm so glad things are going really well for you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, real sight said:


What foods did you buy for purée? Please help I’m eating eggs. And still so weak. The Protein Shakes make me constipated, ThankU


I threw up a scrambled egg this morning. I can’t decide if I’m throwing up bc I’m eating too much or eating too fast. I know it’s not bc I’m not chewing enough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/26/2017 at 7:22 PM, tankheadmommy said:


Lol...why am I not surprised!! Hey look, sometimes we gotta do what we gotta do. The good thing is, I know you take this process seriously and you won't put yourself in jeopardy. [emoji4]

Indeed my friend. How are doing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Indeed my friend. How are doing?

I'm doing pretty good and feeling great. I went back to work 2 weeks after surgery and that is going pretty good. I have been able to ditched soft foods, so it is easier for me to recognize when I'm full. I started walking on the treadmill this week and it is going pretty well. I just need to make sure I don't overdo it, since I still have pain from my largest incision. I've been able to get in all my Water, Protein, and Vitamins without any issues. I'm losing very slow and holding onto a lot of Fluid. I think I need to get rid of the cheese and then I will start to see more of a lost. Overall, I am pleased!

How are you doing? I know you had an awesome start after surgery. I've been wondering how my surgery buddy is progressing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/9/2018 at 12:42 PM, MissSimpson said:

I threw up a scrambled egg this morning. I can’t decide if I’m throwing up bc I’m eating too much or eating too fast. I know it’s not bc I’m not chewing enough.

I think it's the fast. I have been DRINKING too much too fast and getting some pain in my chest/pouch area. So I am learning how to take it slow. Most of us who were obese IN THE PAST (we are shrinking now! yay!) were used to gulping our food down pretty quickly without chewing much. It's kind of a stress reaction because may fat people feel judged if they slowly eat and savor every bite of their food. We must learn new habits, and we can!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/9/2018 at 10:48 AM, tankheadmommy said:

I think I have lost about 30-40 pounds since surgery, too. I'm really excited. Wait I was 360 a day or two before surgery and am now 333. So Almost 30 pounds. I hardly have any appetite and only eat about one Protein Shake a day, no solids for a few more days (will do cottage cheese as I love Breakstone's brand with the small curds and 2% fat.) I love it with salt and a little fresh ground pepper on top. It's very creamy and not slimy and lumpy like other brands of cottage cheese, BTW. It's the ONLY brand I will eat.

Edited by NatureLover888

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/9/2018 at 10:46 AM, tankheadmommy said:


I'm not quite there weeks out yet, but I already have hunger. My doctor only wants me to eat Protein at this point, so no veggies yet.

My doctor prescribed me 15 milligrams of Phentermine per day to help prevent me from getting hungry and cheating. I thought that was VERY considerate of him. I have only used it for 2-3 days now but it's insurance that I won't possibly damage my pouch by trying to eat soft solid foods before week 3. I am following my diet strictly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, NatureLover888 said:

I think it's the fast. I have been DRINKING too much too fast and getting some pain in my chest/pouch area. So I am learning how to take it slow. Most of us who were obese IN THE PAST (we are shrinking now! yay!) were used to gulping our food down pretty quickly without chewing much. It's kind of a stress reaction because may fat people feel judged if they slowly eat and savor every bite of their food. We must learn new habits, and we can!

Doctor seemed to think it’s eating too fast, too. I’m taking it VERY slowly now and choosing extra soft foods. Doctor called it a “learning curve.”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/9/2018 at 9:46 AM, tankheadmommy said:

Edited by Linz13

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/8/2018 at 11:56 PM, Francisco82 said:

Edited by Linz13

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/8/2018 at 11:56 PM, Francisco82 said:

It has been 3 weeks since my bypass surgery. I lost about 40 pounds since the date of my surgery. I find it weird that after 3 week I'm barely hungry. I sometimes eat 1-2 per day. Today I ate a small bowl of about 3-4 oz of oatmeal and I ate about 80% then at night I had some Soup. I would like to know from others if they are going through the same thing as i am? Those who had the surgery more than 3 weeks ago did your get hungrier each week or it just stayed the same.

Also I'm looking at what I want to eat, has anyone tried eating cauliflower rice or quinoa? which one should I eat and which one states better? Do you think I should be able to eat it even though it only been 3 weeks since my surgery?

I've had cauliflower rice, it went fine, I'm having the same issues with hunger as you, I'm 2 1/2 weeks out. My husband took me to eat for our anniversary last night I had broiled fish but I guess I ate too much, I ate 2 oz. of the fish and felt like I had to puke and had terrible indigestion. I took my Calcium tablet and my heart burn medication this morning and it came back. I'm hoping the feeling goes away soon. I feel like if I threw up it would make me better but I know my insides are still healing and I'm afraid I might tear something possibly. I was cleared for soft food, high Protein anything that can be cut easily with a plastic fork so I know it wasn't from eating something too hard. I am so uncomfortable now though. I'm hoping I don't get dehydrated today. 😕

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/8/2018 at 11:56 PM, Francisco82 said:

Edited by Linz13

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/12/2018 at 7:38 PM, MissSimpson said:

Doctor seemed to think it’s eating too fast, too. I’m taking it VERY slowly now and choosing extra soft foods. Doctor called it a “learning curve.”

I'm having the chest pain too, how long does it take to go away! I ate dinner too fast last night I'm assuming. I'm going to have to eat by myself for awhile, I feel bad when it seems like people are waiting on me to finish eating. I'm fine when I've eaten by myself. I'm so glad I got on here this morning and saw the posts, I thought I seriously hurt myself or something.

Edited by Linz13

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello everyone it been 6 days since my surgery think God I have not had much pain. Only when I get up and down, not to much hunger I no I have to eat to keep myself well and not get dehydrated. So for so good praise be to God. Start weight 247 BFS 218 now 213. Happy with what I am losing


Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using BariatricPal mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×