Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Should I take my weight stats and pics out of my sig line?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Should I take my weight stats and pics out of my sig line?

• Yes
    • No

Another reason I sometimes send PM's on issues not originally involving me is to give either or both parties the opportunity to politely tell me to but out without adding fuel to the already flaming thread.

A possible example of the first two steps in the above outline.... (by the way - sorry Chickie if I'm hijacking this thread onto a different issue)

Wasa posted a comment about not putting merit in PM's. And though I love her dearly and I mentally can see she wasn't insulting the people who may have sent the PM's I still came away feeling hurt and offended both because I had been one of the people who had PM'd Mariposa and because I have PM'd Wasa in the past. (about a completely different thread) It made me feel like she was calling me a chicken for PM'ing both Mariposa and her.

I'm trying to ignore my heart and pay attention to Wasa's words and my brain but it is difficult. I'm also not asking for an apology because how/why should she apologize for something I honestly believe she didn't intend to be directed at me. Still it is sadly possible even her & I could end up in our own spiral all because I chose to share this with you all instead of keeping quiet or PM'ing her directly.

No, what I meant by that comment is when someone is behaving badly and then claims all these people agree with them via PM... I know it's not likely true. Adults will post their own opinions, they don't usually leave it to the crazies to post for them.

Apples and oranges.

No, what I meant by that comment is when someone is behaving badly and then claims all these people agree with them via PM... I know it's not likely true. Adults will post their own opinions, they don't usually leave it to the crazies to post for them.

Apples and oranges.

Yeah, mentally I got that. It was only emotionally that my own personal head issues/insecurities allowed me to feel hurt even though I knew I shouldn't. My DH frequently calls me CRAZY for these dual thoughts I have.

I'm also a bit sleep deprived at the moment making the simplest comments go awry. Such as your straight forward post "I believe it did end, a few days ago." Which I first took as an agreement with my initial comment of "I'm just glad that other thread finally died." Then started wondering if you were instead referring to my "PLEASE PLEASE.. LETS ALL JUST DROP THIS...." comment. Making me worry you were "further" upset with me. (I know, I know you weren't upset to start with - just my crazy half kicking in again) I think I need to just go to bed now before I've shoved my foot into my mouth all the way up past my @$$ and end up upsetting you.

Well, for myself, I'm glad I got to see your success pictures before you took them down, Chickie. :) I can at least say I have seen amazing transformation with this band and that is what inspires me and drives me forward every day to get closer to getting there!

Really, the quote in my signature says it all. I see no reason for somebody who is successful to shrink out of sight so that people don't feel uncomfortable. If you feel uncomfortable when somebody is happy with themselves, then you need to take a good hard look at why that is.

You better believe that once I get skinny and looking as damn good as Jacqui, Chickie, puddin, etc, that I will be obsessed! If you don't like it, then don't read what I have to say. Does this board not have an ignore function? If you don't like seeing people's success pics, then block the ability to see pics (I know other forums have this option, I'm not sure about this one). I think that's crazy, though! I can't even imagine telling somebody that I'm sick of hearing about how well they have succeeded. The ONLY way I can think of that feeling coming up is if I have settled for mediocrity and don't want to push myself harder - then I would be pissed that somebody else had the drive that I just couldn't find. And yeah - I'd probably be sick of hearing about it.

But why in the heck should she have to hide her success so that YOU can feel comfortable? If you want comfort for your smallness, I think you're in the wrong place. And if you're on this board for any reason other than motivation, WTH???

This whole thing makes me so angry. I know you guys don't know me well because I'm new here, but I've followed for a few months and I feel like you're fair acquaintances and I hate seeing people attacked. Grow up! Seriously, I had the thought cross my mind that if you want to stoop to their level, you could always post a picture of your skinny ass in response to their thoughts that you shouldn't be posting your success pics. But why bother? They'll probably get pissed that their momma didn't give them a proper one.

It looks to me like you have 100% agreement that the pics and stats should be here. The haters, however, should not.

Denise, you can do it! Get your head right and you'll do it, there is absolutely NO reason why you will be one of those stuck at 50%

Oh I plan on forging right ahead and getting the rest of my weight off. I don't care how long it takes me. I am going to talk to my trainer when I see him on friday since I am stuck on another plateau. I think my body is much too used to my exercise routine.

This is so sad and pathetic. Why would someone work so hard to accomplish this and then feel like she can't share it with the world??? ESPECIALLY the lapband world????

My god people, get over yourselves and your big heads thinking you are better than everyone else. Chickie is an AWESOME role model and maybe if you got off your fat ass and did what she did, then maybe you wouldn't feel so bad about yourself.

I am sorry for being so harsh but shit, this is absolutely ridiculous that this woman can't share her photos because of fear of being ridiculed and harrassed. I know that when I get down to goal, there are going to be some outrageous pictures of me floating around.

Chickie, you are sooo awesome. Please put them back up.

Couldn't have said it better myself ... Ditto to that!!

I agree with everyone that is saying that it motivated us into deciding to get banded. I needed to see people that are successful, that it wasnt just a pipe dream. We all come into this with our own crap. I refuse to fell guilty for being successful about any of my accomplishments.

Take my start and finish weights out of my sig, as well as my photos and not mention what size I am for fear of making someone feel "less successful"?

HECK NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you got there with your effort, now flaunt it and enjoy it! whoever doesn't like it doesn't have to look at it! gee...