Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Should I take my weight stats and pics out of my sig line?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Should I take my weight stats and pics out of my sig line?

• Yes
    • No

Chickie

I say hell no it should NOT go! :)

I think whomever feels that they are not sucessful as you, that is about them NOT YOU. If changing your sig makes them feel better, then they suck! This place is to be supportive and I think that includes supporting expression of achievement! In fact I followed your lead! :eek:

Luv ya, never change it!

If it had not been for the pictures, and the "proof" of how well the band works, I may not have pursued it and decided it was for me.

I totally believe they should be there for us to gain hope from.

One of my posts may have contributed to you thinking I was wanting it gone---that is totally not true. I have a ticker in mine---no pictures, but I am not computer literate enough to put pictures up without help, there is no way I could get them in my signature!!!!

Signatures, like threads, like anything else in here, if you don't want to look at it---don't---move on.

For many of us, the visuals are inspiration at its finest.

I voted to keep things the way they are.

Kat

I say leave it in - its an inspiration. The only thing I would suggest is that you add your height. I only say this bc I find myself saying things like I know a size 12 sounds small but remember I'm only 5'3" a 12 on me is alot different then a 12 on someone 5'6".

I read somewhere that someone questioned you about why you want to be so skinny.. ha! I found that funny - especially when you said you don't have any fill! I was 103 when I got married (28 years ago!!) a size 3 then probably a 0 nowadays, I was 143 when I went home from delivering my first child, now my goal is 140! I can't imagine being 103 ever again, I have a hard time even imaging 130! Only time will tell - and another thing, you are only 27 - thats alot younger then alot of us. When I was 27 I was only a size 5/7 - age also plays a role.

Keep you signature the way it is - theres alot of wannabes who need it.

i am really late on responding to this (just saw it, sorry)... but my answer is ummm..

not only no but ummm ... uckfay no ... you are a total inspiration to me and so many others. i look at where you started and where you are now and can really think that i can do this... you rock!

NO NO NO NO!!!

Why should you have to dim your success for other people?!?! You are an inspiration that it can be done and that we CAN look absolutely fabulous!!!

no, No, NO!!!

If I remember correctly there was a time when I wasn't able to see your pics. I remember being excited when I saw them back again. Please don't worry about the apparent issues of others when the overwhelming majority of us look forward to sig lines that remind us that we too can succeed one day if we keep plugging along.

You have definitely been one of my top inspirations on this Journey.

No way!!!! Your pictures give me hope. I remember when i was just lurking around on this website, before I even joined, I saw your pictures and I was sooo inspired. Your before picture is very similar to what my body looks like now. I think you are fabulous and if other people are jealous of your sucess, they should be ashamed!!! We're all here to support each other!!

Hi I am Bob banded Aug 7 2007 in Toronto. No these items are powerfully helpful. We all lose at different rates and we all slip at one time or another. We look to each other for hope and care. Please be proud of what you have done.

Bob

WHY WOULD YOU WANT TO DO THAT[i KNOW WHY]BUT YOU SHOULD BE PROUD OF YOURSELF[i WOULD BE]YOU CANT PLEASE EVERYONE IN LIFE AND PEOPLE ARE ALWAYS GOING TO HAVE AN OPINION ON YOU,ME EVERY ONE[PEOPLE ARE VERY JUDGMENTAL]WHEN I FIRST CAME UPON THIS SITE AND SAW PEOPLES BEFORE AND ARFTER PICS,IT MADE ME 100%KNOW I MADE THE RIGHT DECISION AND KNOW THAT THE LAPBAND DOES WORK [WITH EATING AND EXERCISE]WHY SHOULD YOU HAVE TO TAKE YOUR DETAILS OF AND HIDE YOUR LIFE FOR SOMEONE ELSE,I USED TO HIDE MY FAT PHOTOS WHEN I HAD LOST WEIGHT BEFORE,AND MY HUSBAND REMINDED ME THEY WHERE STILL WONDERFULL TIMES,ITS OUR LIFE/HISTORY TOGETHER[GLAD HE LOVES ME REGADLESS]I DONT HAVE A DIGITAL CAMERA,SO I DONT KNOW IF I COULD DO BEFORE AND ARFTER PICS.BUT LEAVE THEM THERE,ANY WAY,IM SURE YOU WILL GOING BY EVERYONES COMMENTS.IM GLAD YOU CAN BE EXCITED TO BUY SMALLER CLOTHES,AND IM SURE THE NEGATIVE PEOPLE WOULD BE PROUD OF THEMSELF TOO IF THEY HAD LOST THAT MUCH WEIGHT.:(

I noticed that you have taken your stats off Chickie..... I think its kinda sucky that you felt that you had to ;) I'm sorry some people don't appreciate you on this board the way all of us on this thread do.

And your pics as well ;)

I am so sorry you decided it was necessary. Hopefully things will change down the road so that you can bring them back. You and the other successful "old-timers' here have been a priceless inspiration for me. If it weren't for my seeing your's and the others success here on lapbandtalk I may have never made it as far as I have towards my own goals so far. You show us that we do not need to accept the statistics and doctors low expectations for us.

Thank you so much for everything you have done and meant to me even if you never knew it. And I wish you and your family nothing but the best.