Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Should I take my weight stats and pics out of my sig line?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Should I take my weight stats and pics out of my sig line?

• Yes
    • No

I agree with everyone else. You are such an inspiration! I know that

my slow metabolism and age has to do with why I am not losing well. It makes me feel better to know that there are people who are very successful with the band.

I've deleted this because it really should go in rants and raves - and its also not fair to call attention to one thread where one person said something when I'm not having a go at that particular person at all, just the practice in general.

I was talking about calling normal weight "skinny" or "anorexic" or "sickly looking". It really bugs me and I think its a bit dysfunctional.

Please DO NOT REMOVE your sig line. What an inspiration you are to me! I haven't had surgery yet and watch others on this board with their progress. You and others like you inspire me to continue this 6 month supervised diet so that I can have the surgery. Keep up the good work! I don't think your bragging and if you were, you have every right to. You're the one who lost the weight. You have worked hard to do it. One day I want to be there too!

I don't think you are bragging by having that info in your sig... but you DO have EVERY right to brag!! You've had great success, and you should be very proud!

Chickie I agree with everyone leave your signature the way it is. There are not that many people that reach goal and stick around to support those of us that are still on our way. Before I found this site all I ever heard, even from my Doctor, is that you don't lose as much weight with the band as you do with other WLS. Thanks to you I now know that I can and will reach my goal.

You're progress is amazing and should stay right where it is for all to see. You have worked so hard to get to where you are and should be so proud!!!! The person who made their comment is either jealous or insecure because what you have achieved motivates and inspires so many other people!!!!!

Jenn

Jenn

Your success makes all of us feel better about having chosen the Lapband. Keep your sig exactly as it currently is.

Heck no! It was your picture that spurred me on pre-op. Cute dressed, bikinis and skinny jeans are what we all want to see.

I'm so glad that the people at goal who have maintained it (there are only a handful of you) have not abandoned the board for greener pastures. It's so important that you're on here. What I have noticed is that the successful people are the ones who have dedicated themselves to exercise. I've reaslised directly through you guys that exercise is crucial to long-term success.

Imagine if there were no people at goal on this board. It would be very depressing indeed.

It's all a personal choice. There are so many threads to read, I usually scan them anyway, I don't really pay attention to sig lines and tickers.

Though many of them are cute and informative, I find many signature lines are so overwhelming in size and take up half their post, that I skip those posts entirely, because their post gets lost in their signature....just my opinion.

I wish i could see your pics. I can`t get them to come up. I love to see it when people are doing good. It gives me hope. Donna

HarleyNanna ~ My sig is not really any bigger than anyone else's, but if it bothers you feel free to ignore me!

DonHoll1 ~ If you click the link in my sig line, there are plenty of pics in my blog.

Everyone else, thank you all. I was worried that I was offending people by being here, silly, I know, but it is a legitimate concern, don't want to offended anyone, or make them feel bad about their loss.