Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Should I take my weight stats and pics out of my sig line?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Should I take my weight stats and pics out of my sig line?

• Yes
    • No

I'm done with this, but as a final note, I have received more than one email from people telling me they are tired of Chickie and her fascination with herself and her thinness.. They too feel she is using these skinny/thin comments personally so that others can jump in and validate how good she looks and how successful she has been. I too have said that I'm glad that you are healthy and got to your goals. Do you not understand what you read correctly?? Stop reading between the lines.. Oh, yes Chikie you are beautiful and please put back your pictures. As far as your blog, I have never and will never make any journal entries, because unlike others, I am not one of your worshipers and have better things to do than come on here especially for you.

You know I left lapband a year ago for this same very reason, nothing has changed.. Good luck to you all, yes, even Chickie. You do though should seek help for the issues you have with being the size you are (you are one freaked out chick, about being so skinny, that is!), whatever that size maybe.. You are way to obsessed with the whole skinny thing. :)

Oh, for Christ's sake. Stop being passive aggressive! "Other people say" is just a BS way of not taking taking responsibility for your own opinions. If they had any balls at all, they'd post in the threads, not gossip in PMs. I would imagine that Chickie took offense to your posts because you kept quoting her and and then basically bashing her size. It isn't that hard to figure out. And yes, even a fat chick can tell when someone is bashing another person for being successful at weight loss. It's obvious jealousy, plain and simple.

For the record, I've never posted in Chickie's blog. I'm not a "follower" of hers, but I do think she and Jachut both can teach us something about being successful at the journey we're all on.

And yes, I'd be just as pissed as Chickie, if I was a success at losing my excess "baggage," so to speak, and then have people attacking me for being successful. What, successes aren't supposed to actually admit they are successes? They're supposed to just fade into the background? Bull.

What, successes aren't supposed to actually admit they are successes? They're supposed to just fade into the background? Bull.

exactly! i would be nowhere close to where i am now if it werent for the extremely successful bandsters like Chickie, Wasa, Jachut, JulieNYC, Telly, BooBooKitty, Edie and many many more that are either at or close to goal and eat right and work their ass off instead of complaining that they arent losing but just sit around and do nothing about it.

what kind of "support forum" would this be if there were just "works in progress" ????

As a newbie, maybe I shouldn't jump into this, but..........

if Chickie's threads/blog aren't interesting to you or to others, why are you reading them and commenting?? If it's so bothersome, ignore it. There is plenty of other info on this site, or lots of other stuff to do in life.

I am brand new to this board, looking forward to getting my band, and starting my new lifestyle. I am hoping to see people like Chickie, WasA, Jachut, etc. continue their positive presence on the board so that I can continue to learn from them. They have succeeded 100%. None of them deserve to be harassed because they succeeded.

I say again, if it's a problem, it's your problem.

Completly unconnected to the topic I know,sorry but I cant think how to ask you without hijacking!

Which part of Queensland are you in Chickie? I only ask becuase the first time I saw you you reminded me so much of a good friend of mine who lives in brisbane , and then I saw you mention Queensland so I had to ask!

Nina x

Everyone in the group is successful. We just loose at differant levels and some are quicker than others. I think a lot of people think it will happen faster than it does and that is why they feel they are not making it.

Chris

I think that some think that just by being banded that they are going to lose weight - that they don't have to do any of the work

I read it all the time help i'm not losing I can eat anything - Well come on now just can does that mean you should. It really bugs me... They think the band is the cure all to their food issues.

This is no diff than outsiders saying that that band and bypass as the easy way out.

Heck if it was just the band that made you lose the weight i would agree with them - but it's not - you gotta do the work to...

I'm done with this, but as a final note, I have received more than one email from people telling me they are tired of Chickie and her fascination with herself and her thinness.. They too feel she is using these skinny/thin comments personally so that others can jump in and validate how good she looks and how successful she has been.

Oh my goodness, I can't believe anyone would ever dream of writing something like this on a weight loss message board. That certainly took guts. Not a great deal of class or tact, but lots of guts.

I've never put a huge amount of stock in claims made about what and who is PMing them. If someone's opinions are strong enough to write in a PM, they are valid enough to put in writing for all to see. So I guess I really don't believe you about all this "back up" you have from unknown people.

Let me tell you something, Chickie busted her ass to lose weight. She didn't sit around whining about things, she got her big butt out there and lost her big butt. She followed the diet, she exercised, she dealt with head issues, she worked her band, she did EVERYTHING she was supposed to do. And you have the gall to sit here and type out this load of crap? You sound like you are about the most jealous and envious person I have ever come across on this board. I read a great deal here and have never seen anything as low down, classless, and lacking in basic manners than this.

You do realize, of course, that most people tend to forget and forgive minor BS written on message boards. We all know that people have their off days. However, this one will never be forgotten.

Looks like we know who has been leaving the tasteless and childish messages on Chickie's blog.

And yes, I'd be just as pissed as Chickie, if I was a success at losing my excess "baggage," so to speak, and then have people attacking me for being successful. What, successes aren't supposed to actually admit they are successes? They're supposed to just fade into the background? Bull.

And for goodness sakes, ESPECIALLY here of all places! THIS is the fat sanctuary, this is where we should be the most proud of those that did what they were supposed to do. This is where we should be looking to for support, not slamming someone because they did the job and did it well. Who else but another fatty understands what it takes to get to goal?

Chickie... as I have written previously, I don't recall if it was you or someone else (forget her name, tiny little thing with a photo but doesn't post as much as she used to) that wrote once they were considering leaving the boards because of the way they are treated since reaching goal.

Now I get it. I didn't then but MB's post made it glaringly clear.

I am so sorry you have to put up with this teenage level jealousy, maybe it is even more than jealousy. To me it seems like it is a level of resentment that you were able to meet your goals - plus some. But you know, there is one in every crowd. You just have to ignore those that don't believe they can ever achieve what you have and pass on by them. The good you have done far outweighs the horror that has been inflicted upon you. The majority here need your words of wisdom and isn't that more important than the MB's of the world?

Keep doing what you have been and know that the rest of us will take care of those few bad apples.

I am just a bystander in all this, and I can see why all sides are getting irate, cant we just all agree as adults that we are getting over sensitive here? * please dont flame me it is hard to see people tearing into each other*

This has got waaay to personal, I dont think that Mariposa has been leaving messages, she said how she felt here that isnt the actions of someone who would post anymously is it?

Chickie I think you should be proud of what you have acheived, but I havent been here long and I have seen you be a little bit sensitive when it comes to posts about 'skinny' when people are actually talking about themselves,some of the examples used have been people who are openly fighting a battle with an eating disorder, and I know in my case having been borderline ED in my early twenties that food issues can go both ways. My DH has expressed concern that my issues will switch so if I say that I dont want to be too skinny I am sometimes skirting around issues that are real to me ( I think that DH is being very sweet really considering that I am a good 5 1/2 stone away from that particular danger :) )

I think that there is a lot of misinterpreting what people are saying on both sides, but can we agree that either extreme is unhealthy and leave it at that and all be friends again?

Come back chickie and lets all start over.

Nina x

Oh and before I put on my asbestos suit, I love seeing all the people at goal , if noone on here was at goal I would be pretty depressed about the whole thing.

And much as I argued with Jach I have actually taken a lot of what was said on the other thread on board, I guess I just like to play devils advocate!

Just one more... I promise... if it werent for the pictures that people post I would stuggle to ever visualise what a HUGE difference it makes, so please keep your piccies up all of you.

NIna x

... I think that there is a lot of misinterpreting what people are saying on both sides, ...

What did we misunderstand about this?

I'm done with this, but as a final note, I have received more than one email from people telling me they are tired of Chickie and her fascination with herself and her thinness.. They too feel she is using these skinny/thin comments personally so that others can jump in and validate how good she looks and how successful she has been.

Misunderstanding? Nope, not on this end. I understand quite well.

do you think that maybe not being as successfull is where this anger is coming from MB - i don't see any stats for you

Yep, the pictures are always cool. I love seeing them even though I won't make my own available. Green has to stick to her double standard.

Yep, the pictures are always cool. I love seeing them even though I won't make my own available. Green has to stick to her double standard.

Why we want to see the "NEW" you....

I didnt mean that bit, that was fairly to the point, I meant how the argument kicked off, and I still believe that there has been crossed wires earlier on that lead to this.

Please dont get mad at me, I hate people flaming each other, especially on a support board.