Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Surgery date 11/30/17.....its getting real!

I met with my surgeon yesterday, and we scheduled my RNY for 11/30/17. I'm super excited, but also nervous because this of course is a major step in this journey!

Not having cold feet, exactly, but I definitely could use some reinforcement that this going to be one of the best decisions of my life (as I have heard others say before)......

Gosh I totally get it. I have been going through my head for the last week or 2 (since my last RD appt). Yesterday I saw the surgeon and she's like...well hell! She said I had my 3 visits from the RD and she was gonna submit me for approval. We chose the surgery and wrote it in blood. Killed a newt and took its eye. Ripped out a lizard tongue and drew a pentagram on the floor. So I'm pretty sure this is a done deal. LOL. And I am scared.

On the way home I asked my self if I REAAAAALLLYYYY thought I would lose the rest of my weight on my own. Why would it be any different than the other eleventy billion times I've tried and failed. What would make it happen this time. What would make keeping it off a reality? Why wouldn't I just regain it all again plus the requisite 10-15%? The only answer I could come up with involved magic or voodoo.

Since I'm a good Catholic girl, I just figured I need to sac up and get my head, as*, and tummy in the game. (I had to "borrow a pair" to sac up...but you get the idea.) The reality is that the ONLY way I'm gonna be successful is to do something different this time. I think "that something different" is gonna have to be the RNY surgery. It just is and I have to get right with the Lord about that one. *sigh*

So now I'm in a waiting game. I "think" what's gonna happen is that I will get approved maybe in the next 2-3 weeks. Then my family vaca at Wurstfest that the surgeon knows about...then that Monday I would start the liquid diet. I think that means I will be in surgery (she only operates on Tuesday) on November 28 or December 5 and this sh*t is gonna be a reality...

So maybe we can get "the band back together" and be November surgery buddies. I just don't know if I'm jinxing things and jumping the gun by thinking it's gonna be November OR December. You know?

What are you doing to prepare your mental game for the "big show?"

Well , I don’t know personally that it will be the best decisions , but when I see family and friends who are now LIVING life out of the heavy fat that was pulling them down , than yes , I can’t help to believe that this will be the best decision I will make , mine is Nov 28... right now all my nervousness is about the “ I won’t wake up or feel anything during surgery” the rest is a process I gotta swallow up again after 2 c sections . ( I know is. It the same and it hurts more but it’s worth it.... i know it)

“There will be obstacles. There will be doubters. There will be mistakes. But with hard work, there are no limits.” —Michael Phelps

5 hours ago, FluffyChix said:

So far I've adjusted my diet over the last few months, a lot more food prep and a lot less eating out/ordering in.

I've been working on my activity level, trying to get walks in when I can. Still struggling with a regular exercise routine but I'm getting there...

Gosh I totally get it. I have been going through my head for the last week or 2 (since my last RD appt). Yesterday I saw the surgeon and she's like...well hell! She said I had my 3 visits from the RD and she was gonna submit me for approval. We chose the surgery and wrote it in blood. Killed a newt and took its eye. Ripped out a lizard tongue and drew a pentagram on the floor. So I'm pretty sure this is a done deal. LOL. And I am scared.
On the way home I asked my self if I REAAAAALLLYYYY thought I would lose the rest of my weight on my own. Why would it be any different than the other eleventy billion times I've tried and failed. What would make it happen this time. What would make keeping it off a reality? Why wouldn't I just regain it all again plus the requisite 10-15%? The only answer I could come up with involved magic or voodoo.
Since I'm a good Catholic girl, I just figured I need to sac up and get my head, as*, and tummy in the game. (I had to "borrow a pair" to sac up...but you get the idea.) The reality is that the ONLY way I'm gonna be successful is to do something different this time. I think "that something different" is gonna have to be the RNY surgery. It just is and I have to get right with the Lord about that one. *sigh*
So now I'm in a waiting game. I "think" what's gonna happen is that I will get approved maybe in the next 2-3 weeks. Then my family vaca at Wurstfest that the surgeon knows about...then that Monday I would start the liquid diet. I think that means I will be in surgery (she only operates on Tuesday) on November 28 or December 5 and this sh*t is gonna be a reality...
So maybe we can get "the band back together" and be November surgery buddies. I just don't know if I'm jinxing things and jumping the gun by thinking it's gonna be November OR December. You know?

Will be your November buddy, I am from Canada. Having the same surgery Nov 1 and I am on the Optifast now for one week, one more week to go!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using BariatricPal mobile app

My surgery date is November 15. I found out on Friday!

I am scared and excited and apprehensive and whole bunch more- all at the same time. I’m nervous about getting the right amounts of Vitamins and Protein and minerals etc. - after surgery. I’ve done a lot of research and I read my binder about 10 times, but I’m still nervous about the nutrition part. I’m going to stay here on these boards and keep learning from all of you! I do have to say, I have tried to lose these 100 pounds about a bazillion times and I know I am making the right decision doing the gastric bypass. That part feels good!!

I met with my surgeon yesterday, and we scheduled my RNY for 11/30/17. I'm super excited, but also nervous because this of course is a major step in this journey!
Not having cold feet, exactly, but I definitely could use some reinforcement that this going to be one of the best decisions of my life (as I have heard others say before)......

That's my date too!!!

good for you Toby585! I know it's scary but you've already been through a lot. The way I see it (for me anyways) is I've been battling 3 different insurance companies for 2 years. by the time I get my 'date', the surgery itself will feel like the easy part. Be excited for yourself. you deserve to be healthy and happy. <insert 2 thumbs up here>

Very exciting!! It will be here before you know it!!

On 10/24/2017 at 3:04 PM, toby585 said:

So far I've adjusted my diet over the last few months, a lot more food prep and a lot less eating out/ordering in.

I've been working on my activity level, trying to get walks in when I can. Still struggling with a regular exercise routine but I'm getting there...

That's okay man. Remember, progress not perfection.