Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What was your food intake like after 6 months SVG?

Hi everyone, I had my SVG done in 03/10/17. I am up to my 6th month.. I went from

HW (01/05/17) 405lbs

SW (3/10/17): 385 lbs

CW (10/2/17): 245 lbs

I noticed I am eating more.. i.e

Breakfast: 6 oz

Lunch: 8 oz

Dinner: 6 oz

Plus 5 oz yogurt per day (snack)

I still believe is not drastically high portions.... However, I would like to hear back from those who already past 6 months and can share your experience.

Thanks

What are you eating though? What you eat, how you eat it and in what order and combination makes the difference in how much you can eat.

Example, I can eat 4 ounces of steak alone and be full. If I eat steak alternating bites with spinach or salad. I can eat a cup or 2 of salad and 6 ounces of steak.

At 6 months I was eating 3-4 ounces of dense Protein only at a meal.

1 hour ago, Back2fit said:

Hi everyone, I had my SVG done in 03/10/17. I am up to my 6th month.. I went from

HW (01/05/17) 405lbs

SW (3/10/17): 385 lbs

CW (10/2/17): 245 lbs

I noticed I am eating more.. i.e

Breakfast: 6 oz

Lunch: 8 oz

Dinner: 6 oz

Plus 5 oz yogurt per day (snack)

I still believe is not drastically high portions.... However, I would like to hear back from those who already past 6 months and can share your experience.

Thanks

What did your surgeon tell you to eat in terms of portion size?

I think the important thing is , I do not think it really matters what someone else is eating, as we all have different plans , different size human beings lol, aslong as you are following the plan given to you , you should be fine.

Dr said to stick to 4 oz as much as I can, and that I would be able to eat 6 oz by this time and up to 8 oz (1 cup) within 1 year... I guess will cut down my portions so I stick to the plan...

What are you eating though? What you eat, how you eat it and in what order and combination makes the difference in how much you can eat.
Example, I can eat 4 ounces of steak alone and be full. If I eat steak alternating bites with spinach or salad. I can eat a cup or 2 of salad and 6 ounces of steak.
At 6 months I was eating 3-4 ounces of dense Protein only at a meal.

75% of portions are Proteins.< br>15% veggies
10% carbs

2 minutes ago, Back2fit said:

Dr said to stick to 4 oz as much as I can, and that I would be able to eat 6 oz by this time and up to 8 oz (1 cup) within 1 year... I guess will cut down my portions so I stick to the plan...

If you already know what your supposed to be having why are you eating more?

What are your meals like? sometimes carby stuff gives you more room so are you focusing on correct types of food

edit you posted our proportion as i was sending, perhaps eat slower, how long are you giving yourself to eat

Edited by dreamingsmall

3 minutes ago, Back2fit said:

Are you weighing out 8 ounces from the start or weighing 4 ounce then going back for seconds

21 minutes ago, Back2fit said:

75% of portions are Proteins.
15% veggies
10% carbs

Try eating your Protein first and alone. That should cut your portions right down. as a 6ft tall male, you are going to have a larger stomach than most sleevers who are women, so you are going to need to weigh your portions out and just eat those. Don't rely on feeling full to know when to stop.