Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How soon did everyone start eating solids or even soft foods. I am one week out and I'm suppose to still be doing liquids and my funnel diet which includes scrambled eggs and Greek yogurt and broths for another week. but the nurses keep telling me I can slowly start eating regular foods now. I'm scared and don't want to mess anything up.

How soon did everyone start eating solids or even soft foods. I am one week out and I'm suppose to still be doing liquids and my funnel diet which includes scrambled eggs and Greek yogurt and broths for another week. but the nurses keep telling me I can slowly start eating regular foods now. I'm scared and don't want to mess anything up.

I am no doctor but mine told me no soft foods until
Week 3.

Sent from my SM-N920V using BariatricPal mobile app

This is my doctors nutrition plan post surgery:
Phase 1 thin liquids: 1 week
Phase 2 thick liquids: 2 weeks
Phase 3 purees: 2 weeks
Phase 4 soft foods: 2 weeks
So basically I have almost 6 weeks post surgery before I can eat regular solids again. [emoji21][emoji21]
My plan seems to be fairly strict compared to others, but every doctor is different. I would follow the plan that was given to you by your doctor.

Sent from my SM-G930T using BariatricPal mobile app

I know it depends on the surgery and Dr. I had a Lapband revision with Gastric bypass. Mine is:
Week 1 Clear Liquids
Week 2 and 3 Full liquids
Week 4 and 5 pureed
Week 6 Soft for 6 weeks, then "regular" High Protein, low carb, low fat.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using BariatricPal mobile app

I am supposed to start next Wednesday (week 4), I am so in love of my puree diet, I may do pure once in a while.

Sent from my SM-N920T using BariatricPal mobile app

Katheytej, that's encouraging! I start pureed next Wednesday.

This is my doctors nutrition plan post surgery:
Phase 1 thin liquids: 1 week
Phase 2 thick liquids: 2 weeks
Phase 3 purees: 2 weeks
Phase 4 soft foods: 2 weeks
So basically I have almost 6 weeks post surgery before I can eat regular solids again.
My plan seems to be fairly strict compared to others, but every doctor is different. I would follow the plan that was given to you by your doctor.

Sent from my SM-G930T using BariatricPal mobile app

I'm on the same plan so I feel your struggle

I couldn't have any solids and I still can't. I'm 3 weeks out. I want some eggs. All I can have is broth, cream Soups, sugar Jello /pudding, grits, sugar free Popsicles, oatmeal and cream of wheat, Protein Shakes, and skim milk.

My body doesn't agree with oatmeal, cream of wheat and milk right now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using BariatricPal mobile app

I know it depends on the surgery and Dr. I had a Lapband revision with Gastric bypass. Mine is:
Week 1 Clear liquids
Week 2 and 3 Full liquids
Week 4 and 5 pureed
Week 6 Soft for 6 weeks, then "regular" High Protein, low carb, low fat.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using BariatricPal mobile app

My plan is just like yours. I had the sleeve 3 weeks ago. I want some eggs so bad.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using BariatricPal mobile app

I was on clear liquids in the hospital... once out I was on full liquids until about week when I had my first check up with doctor and nutritionist then I was put on purée. Then in 2 weeks I'll be on soft foods which is almost same as purée just more choices.. Good Luck Sleevers we got this!

My post op diet lasts for 3 months. My doctor provided me with a sleeve guide that he wrote himself which is like my bible. It has detailed guidelines for what I should be eating when and I am so grateful for it. It really takes a lot of the guess work out of it, I can just open up my sleeve manual and know what to eat. It even has sample menus for days from each phase. I am in my 4th week now and just started soft foods. I am definitely enjoying my journey it's given me a really great challenge and I get to put my cooking skills to the test coming up with really tasty Soups and purées. My soups come out so good my grandmother and aunt have started eating with me and they lost some weight as well. Just take it easy and enjoy the journey you'll be eating back to normal before you know it.

My doctor cleared me for stage three soft foods after two week post op. It's working great. Just gotta chew chew chew to purée consistency. I can't imagine eating full liquids for another week. I'd probably just starve myself.

My phases were:

Clear Liquids: 3 Days

Full Liquids: 2 Weeks

Pureed: 2-3 Weeks

Soft Solids: 4 Weeks

Solids: 10 weeks onward.