Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm on 10/5, but a good recipe is pumpkin Soup. You make it with Libby puree, chicken broth (you could use bone broth), a little thyme. At the end, add a bit of f Momat free plain Greek yogurt.
It's easier than butternut squash, lots of Vitamins.

I think post op Iight add unflavored Protein Powder.< br>
Sent from my XT1575 using BariatricPal mobile app

I love pureed salmon. I buy good quality salmon put salt/peper and bake it (be careful not to overbake). Than I put on my ninja blender with fat free greek yogurt, light mayo and chives. It is delicious! I do the same with chicken and imitation crab. IMG_1975.JPG.5954a4a3a92fb0905dc95a05eb3065e3.JPG

Oh that all sounds awesome! Gonna try it!

Took your advice & made homemade beef & chicken broth to freeze in 3 Oz containers from Dollar Tree. Also baby spoons. Made a list by week about what I need on hand, and got some things ahead. Feel more optimistic!

Sent from my XT1575 using BariatricPal mobile app

So I am TIRED of the Protein Shakes even though I know we need the Protein, but I found a Campbell's slow kettle broccoli cheddar Soup that is absolutely delicious. Very small piece of broccoli that are so tender no need to puree them...OMG....

Sent from my SM-N920V using BariatricPal mobile app

On 9/25/2017 at 5:16 PM, Nancy MBGC said:

Did you purée the scrambled egg?

no, not really necessary. it's soft enough and you can chew lots if you are worried.

Fresh crab mashed into avocado OR sweet potato with a bit of squeezed lemon is becoming a fave. Just got a sudden craving for crab, don't know where that came from.

Happened to think of my favorite way to cook a flavorful soft cooked scrambled egg!

Add a quick small splash of skim milk and break up wedge of whatever flavor low cal laughing cow you like (I like Asiago). Wisk it all together, and viola! A great soft scrambled egg with little bites of creamy flavor!

On 9/22/2017 at 2:58 PM, SlieveMishAmy said:

http://www.laparoscopic.md/bariatric-surgery-diet/puree-diet-after-bariatric-surgery

Also found this website really useful for ideas. I'll shut up now.

so I understand that the pureed stage is stage 2 but what week does that start? Week 2, right?

so I understand that the pureed stage is stage 2 but what week does that start? Week 2, right?

For me (lapband) 1-2oz:

clear liquid days 1-4

Full liquids days 5-14

Puréed foods days 15-21

Soft foods days 22 - until first fill (6 weeks after surgery date)

First Fill- back in full liquids for 2 days

After that: normal healthy diet of 1/2c

I'm in the middle of my pureed stage, and I found two amazing recipes that have made this my favorite stage so far. First, if you like spicy:

Buffalo chicken Dip

Ingredients

2 (10 ounce) cans chicken breasts
1/2 packages (4 ounce) fat free cream cheese, softened-
1/4 cup frank's redhot original cayenne pepper sauce
1/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
1/8 (2 Tbsp) cup fat free ranch dressing
1/8 (2 Tbsp) cup fat-free Greek yogurt OR Fat Free Sour Cream

Directions

- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place cream cheese in a medium bowl and stir until smooth. Mix in Frank's RedHot, mozzarella cheese, ranch dressing, and yogurt. Stir in chicken until thoroughly combined. Spoon mixture evenly into a deep 8-inch by 8-inch baking dish.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes, or until mixture is heated through. Stir well and enjoy!

To make this dish FAST, skip the oven altogether. Prepare dip according to the directions, but in a microwave-safe dish. Then microwave uncovered on high for 5 minutes (stopping and stirring halfway through cooking), or until hot.

Each 1/4 cup serving has 9 Protein, 3 carbs, 2 fat, and it tastes amazing (I normally don't believe people when they say "it's healthy, but it's just as good as....." but this really is).

Also, if you're a Pasta fanatic like me, I take about 1/3 - 1/2 pound of 99% fat free turkey and brown it in a skillet. Put in a blender with maybe a cup of Marinara sauce. You can also mix in some non-fat ricotta cheese if you like. Heat in the skillet (it's basically a meat spaghetti sauce without the pasta). I heat it up and put Parmesan cheese on top when I eat it. Hope this helps!

11 hours ago, Phobia42 said:

I'm in the middle of my pureed stage, and I found two amazing recipes that have made this my favorite stage so far. First, if you like spicy:

Buffalo chicken Dip

Ingredients

2 (10 ounce) cans chicken breasts
1/2 packages (4 ounce) fat free cream cheese, softened-
1/4 cup frank's redhot original cayenne pepper sauce
1/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
1/8 (2 Tbsp) cup fat free ranch dressing
1/8 (2 Tbsp) cup fat-free Greek yogurt OR Fat Free Sour Cream

Directions

- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place cream cheese in a medium bowl and stir until smooth. Mix in Frank's RedHot, mozzarella cheese, ranch dressing, and yogurt. Stir in chicken until thoroughly combined. Spoon mixture evenly into a deep 8-inch by 8-inch baking dish.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes, or until mixture is heated through. Stir well and enjoy!

To make this dish FAST, skip the oven altogether. Prepare dip according to the directions, but in a microwave-safe dish. Then microwave uncovered on high for 5 minutes (stopping and stirring halfway through cooking), or until hot.

Each 1/4 cup serving has 9 Protein, 3 carbs, 2 fat, and it tastes amazing (I normally don't believe people when they say "it's healthy, but it's just as good as....." but this really is).

Also, if you're a Pasta fanatic like me, I take about 1/3 - 1/2 pound of 99% fat free turkey and brown it in a skillet. Put in a blender with maybe a cup of Marinara sauce. You can also mix in some non-fat ricotta cheese if you like. Heat in the skillet (it's basically a meat spaghetti sauce without the pasta). I heat it up and put Parmesan cheese on top when I eat it. Hope this helps!

When does the pureed stage start? I'm only asking the question again BC the last person had a lap band and that's not what I had don't. I had the gastric sleeve done.

Edited by Samib226

Mine started on week 3, eggs, cottage cheese , greek yogurt and soft cheese, i also had the sleeve

Sent from my SM-J700T using BariatricPal mobile app

Every surgeon is different it seems

Sent from my SM-J700T using BariatricPal mobile app