Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How did you guys do on your pre op diet?

Good question. Surgery date Oct 10 here and start liquid Sept 28

My surgery date is 9/25, so I only have a couple days to go. Not going to lie, the preop liquid diet is hard. In the beginning 3 days I had headaches and was constipated. Now, I just tell myself not much longer. Diet is definitely doable. Good luck!!!!!

Sent from my SM-N920T using BariatricPal mobile app

My surgery date is 9/25, so I only have a couple days to go. Not going to lie, the preop liquid diet is hard. In the beginning 3 days I had headaches and was constipated. Now, I just tell myself not much longer. Diet is definitely doable. Good luck!!!!!

Sent from my SM-N920T using BariatricPal mobile app

It was difficult. That discipline is needed for post op too. Keep that in mind. I had headaches and was very week on preop diet. I am now 4 weeks post op and have pretty much forgotten all about preop. It's worth it to stay the course. Good luck. There's a light at the end of the tunnel.

Sent from my SM-G935T using BariatricPal mobile app

This is my second week with RNY scheduled the 26th. It was hard those first few days, but it was all mental. You won't really be hungry because all the fluids fill you up. I got to about the 4th day and got what I call the pregnancy nose. Everything smelled even more amazing then normal. This week really has been a breeze but I do look forward to the day before surgery when I get to have flavored water and chicken broth. My surgeon does Water and pre-made Premier Protein shakes for pre-op. Just stay busy because your mind will play tricks on you.

My pre-op diet was 3 or 4 Premier Protein shakes a day. Was definitely hard to adjust to after being used to eating many large meals throughout each day lol - things got much easier after the 4th day. So easy, in fact, that come surgery day I was thinking I could be successful long term by skipping surgery and just spending the rest of my life on a full liquid diet! :blink:

Preop was the hardest part of this journey for me. Sleeved on July the 28th 2017. Honestly I had philosophize the whole process to stay sane. I had to remind myself that there are plenty of people in the world who, through no fault or choice of their own, go for days without food or with very little to eat. Here I was with access to shakes, veges, and clean Water and I was complaining. That kept me focused. I just reminded myself the preop will not kill me.

My surgery is scheduled for 9/25/17 (3 days from now), the pre-op diet has been hard. I have been hungry the entire time. I am on 7 Premier Protein shakes a day for 1120 Cals, I have another 80 Cals to play with between broth/SF Jello and as much Crystal Light as I want.

I am making it (haven't cheated), but I have been hungry. I have a shake at 6 am, and a shake every 2 hours after that. So, for one hour I'm good, the next hour I'm really hungry repeat for the rest of the day.

I have lost 17 lbs in 10 days (my first weight in on day 2 I was heavier than day 1, but by day 3 I was back to starting weight).

33 minutes ago, JT2002TJ said:

My surgery is scheduled for 9/25/17 (3 days from now), the pre-op diet has been hard. I have been hungry the entire time. I am on 7 Premier Protein shakes a day for 1120 Cals, I have another 80 Cals to play with between broth/SF Jello and as much Crystal Light as I want.

I am making it (haven't cheated), but I have been hungry. I have a shake at 6 am, and a shake every 2 hours after that. So, for one hour I'm good, the next hour I'm really hungry repeat for the rest of the day.

I have lost 17 lbs in 10 days (my first weight in on day 2 I was heavier than day 1, but by day 3 I was back to starting weight).

Wow, props to you. I can't imagine drinking 7 shakes per day! Good luck with your upcoming surgery.

I am on the liquid diet. The first two days were HARD. I had a terrible headache that just would not go away and of course can't take any NSAIDs this week to help fight it. My doc has us on a shake for Breakfast, shake for lunch and then a low calorie, low fat, no carb high Protein meal for dinner. Pretty much I eat 2 scrambled eggs for dinner. The only good part is the pounds are just dropping off left and right this week. Surgery Monday. I keep telling myself this is all worth it

I am currently half way through my liquid diet and I am going bonkers. I am having about 4 shakes a day or 2 with one Isopure to hit my Protein goal. I am not hungry but I have the super strong urge to munch. I had my first Jello today so that helped for like 10 minutes. It also makes me wish I still had my E-Cig but that had to go as well. Maybe I should take up knitting or cross stitch to keep my hands busy!!

We are all different and I keep telling myself that. My doctor started me on the liquid diet 5 weeks ago. My surgery date is 10/2. I will admit that I have cheated a few times in the last month but it has been pretty easy, once I got past the first 4 days. Now I've been on the pre-op liquid diet for a week without cheating at all. Just 9 more days to do. I've got this! It will all be worth it in the end. But man oh man, I am tired of Jello, broth and Protein Shakes.

Due to my BMI, my doc is requiring me to go on the pre-op diet for 4 weeks. Surgery date is oct 9th. At first, I was floored and thought I couldn't possibly do this. I have to replace two meals a day with a high quality Protein Shake, and one meal can be 3 oz of lean Protein and a cup of non starchy vegetables. I can also have two Snacks such as a boiled egg, or two TBS of greek yogurt with 1/2 cup of veggies. The first four days I wanted to just slap somebody. I have children, and had to fix them meals and even feed my nephew his food. It was hard touching it and not tasting it, but being 10 days into it, now I'm fine. We had some really ripe bananas and I made healthy banana bread for my son that I didn't have. I've fixed my husband and son dinner and it's been ok. Managing the hunger. Drinking broth when hunger does get bad and making sure to get my Water in. I've lost 14 pounds in 10 days, so I feel like I can't complain. My only problem is such a high protein diet is hurting my already sensitive kidneys. I talk to the doc about this on Monday to see what I should do about it.

Edited by Alytastical