Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What is your favorite cliche expression that you wish you didn't use?

Yay!! Come back to Mass!
I would LOVE to. The Cape is absolutely amazing. I really wanted to see Boston while I was there, but I never got around to it. The weather was really what blew my mind. I had such a hard time getting used to Tennessee summers after spending a summer on Cape Cod. The newscasters kept talking about the miserable humidity, and I'd think, "What humidity? This is awesome weather. It's less than 80 degrees out side AND there's a nice breeze." I laughed about it with the refuge biologist, who was from South Carolina.

I might have to spend summers on Cape Cod and winters in Florida. Hey, that's an idea. Maybe I can get grants to do summer research up there while I'm doing a PhD somewhere where it's warm in the winter.

I THINK it's a marshmallow fluff and Peanut Butter sandwich. Maybe? That's what I've always heard in TN, though, so it may be different up there.

That's what I thought it was too. That's what you get here when you order them. I personally like nutella and fluff. ~Mandy

Yes....peanut butter and fluff!

The Cape is great, so is Northern New England. I love all of the seasons! I think you are on to something with your plan....summers on the Cape and winters in Florida....WOW!

We have an entire population that does winters in FL and summers here in Chicago. They have a name and everything. We call them winter birds. It's amazing to see the amount of people that pack up and leave their home for months at a time. I have a friend that house sits for an aunt and uncle from Nov-late march. ~Mandy

We have an entire population that does winters in FL and summers here in Chicago. They have a name and everything. We call them winter birds. It's amazing to see the amount of people that pack up and leave their home for months at a time. ~Mandy

Same here. But in Kansas, they're called "Snow Birds".

Yeah there is alot of that Mandy...up here in WI at happens alot. We call them Snow Birds.
Yep. Most of the ones that come to our area of Tennessee are from Michigan or Indiana. Plus, they seem to want to retire down here.

Yup, in Canada we call them Snowbirds. My parents were Snowbirds for many, many years. They went to Florida where they owned a trailor home in an old fogeys' park. It was a great park and the fogeys were real sweethearts. They loved it and I and my mate loved to visit them there.

Of course my father was one of the lousiest drivers to ever manage to obtain a driver's permit. Driving with him was a terrifying experience. (Sorry, America!!!! sez Green.)

Canadians refer to soda as pop. And to a big case of beer as a two-four (sometimes pronounced "two-fer"); this is because traditionally there were twenty-four bottles of beer in a big case. I hear that now you can get a case with 36 bottles but this is a new development, and nobody calls it a three-six.

We call our dollar coin a loony and our two dollar coin a twoonie. We used to have a two dollar bill.

We also pronounce and spell some common English words differently than you folks do. And of course there is that eh which I like to use ironically in my posts. tee hee

The difference in language gets really interesting when you compare Quebecois to continental French. I once rented a Quebec comedy (set in Florida) for my French friends and they were happy that it came with English subtitles. They didn't understand a word. Nor did I. I learned my French when I was living in France.

the french thing is funny..i learned in England and now as i know french my company sends me to Montreal once a year..

Croissant is my fav....i love hearing Americans say that...and wht the heck is a Cresent roll?

I want to be a snow bird very badly. My parents started out as a snow birds spending winters in AZ and summers in Chicago. Eventually, they moved to AZ full time. I love AZ in the winter, but I could not handle too many months of it being too hot.

I'm told that as we get older it takes more to overheat our bodies. I have also noticed that as I get thinner the more heat I can stand. ~Mandy

We have them here too - they all leave Melbourne in June and head up to QLD for winter. We call them grey nomads, since its mainly retirees that do it.