Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What is your favorite cliche expression that you wish you didn't use?

I thought Tasmanians were proof that New Zealanders can swim? Lol. Only kidding.

Nah, bogans wear flannies and stovepipe jeans and have a packet of Winnie Blue's up the Tshirt sleeve. The only place they travel is to the bottle shop for another slab of VB's.

Um...what?

I thought Tasmanians were proof that New Zealanders can swim? Lol. Only kidding.

Nah, bogans wear flannies and stovepipe jeans and have a packet of Winnie Blue's up the Tshirt sleeve. The only place they travel is to the bottle shop for another slab of VB's.

Let me get out my Aussie to USA translation book...

Bogans (punks) wear flannel shirts, and big leg jeans. They have a pack of smokes rolled into their t-shirts (think John Travolta in Greece) They go to the liquor store to buy another case of beer.

How was my translation??? ~Mandy

Hey not to bad for the Chicago girl. We say things like "Do you wanna go with?" and Where's my coat at?" I was born and raised in the south and still catch myself saying Y'all. My husband is always making fun of me and my mom for the weird things we say. My mom can't say umbrella, she say um-bur-ella and my husband thinks it's hysterical. I think that people everywhere talk so differently that it's cool to learn about other languages and dialects. That's why this place is so cool, people from everywhere saying different things. ~Mandy

Here in Boston we say some things that are (from what I hear) different.

We go down the cellar ( means in the basement).

We are always "all set".

My mothers sister is my ahhhnnnt not ant.

Bathroom....baahhthroom.

Half of the people say haalllf, not half.

We leave our R's off of most words but then add them in places where they do not belong like idea becomes idear and sawing becomes sawring.....

Things can be wicked good or wicked bad.

But we are all part of Red Sox Nation!!! The Patriots are on their way to the supa bowl too!

Before we go to Fenway Pahk....we have a fluffanutta sandwich!

Go Red Sox!

In Canada we say 'soda crackers' instead of saltines(unless it's just me.lol) & here in Texas I asked a clerk in a grocery store where the soda crackers where & she looked confused then said, "soda is in aisle 4 & the crackers are in aisle 6" I also say chesterfield instead of sofa.

Jachut

I had a niece who lived in Melbourne nursing for 2years & she said the only difference between Aussie's & Canadians is that Canadians say, "good day, eh" and in Australia they say "eh, good day"

Hey not to bad for the Chicago girl. We say things like "Do you wanna go with?" and Where's my coat at?" I was born and raised in the south and still catch myself saying Y'all. My husband is always making fun of me and my mom for the weird things we say. My mom can't say umbrella, she say um-bur-ella and my husband thinks it's hysterical. I think that people everywhere talk so differently that it's cool to learn about other languages and dialects. That's why this place is so cool, people from everywhere saying different things. ~Mandy

Yep, that's why I can't listen to "Umbrella" by Rihanna. I have the same reaction to that as I do fingernails on a chalkboard.

My brother's always after me because I talk with too much of a Southern accent, to him anyway. I have problems saying words with an -or ending. They end up coming out sounding like -er. Rapter instead of raptor. I'm very self-concious about it, since he nagged me. Photosynthesis is difficult for me, too. The "s" and "th" sounds stuck together are sometimes hard for me to say. I drawl my "I" sounds, too.

Here in Boston we say some things that are (from what I hear) different.

We go down the cellar ( means in the basement).

We are always "all set".

My mothers sister is my ahhhnnnt not ant.

Bathroom....baahhthroom.

Half of the people say haalllf, not half.

We leave our R's off of most words but then add them in places where they do not belong like idea becomes idear and sawing becomes sawring.....

Things can be wicked good or wicked bad.

But we are all part of Red Sox Nation!!! The Patriots are on their way to the supa bowl too!

Before we go to Fenway Pahk....we have a fluffanutta sandwich!

Go Red Sox!

I've LOVED Massachusetts accents since I interned on Cape Cod (at Monomoy National Wildlife Refuge in Chatham - geeze, I wanna go back) in 2004. Made me a Red Sox fan, too!

Here are 2 common mispronounced words in Delaware:

"amballance....instead of ambulance"

"natkin....instead of napkin"

he i used to live in Delware for a while. I noticed they love to Wader instead of Water.

I get razed alot being a British guy living in the Usa saying everything funny.

Let me get out my Aussie to USA translation book...

Bogans (punks) wear flannel shirts, and big leg jeans. They have a pack of smokes rolled into their t-shirts (think John Travolta in Greece) They go to the liquor store to buy another case of beer.

How was my translation??? ~Mandy

That definitely helps! I had gotten the part about cigarettes, but not the other stuff.

I love the way you Americans and Canadians talk, but I have one gripe, it is a bit similar to Whosyadaddy. I don't like that some Americans say Peter. They say Peedur and it reminds me of Pee. - Sorry!

I know I have left myself wide open for critisism - so go ahead - I can take it.

I've LOVED Massachusetts accents since I interned on Cape Cod (at Monomoy National Wildlife Refuge in Chatham - geeze, I wanna go back) in 2004. Made me a Red Sox fan, too!

Yay!! Come back to Mass!

I'll bite, what the heck is a fluffanutta sandwich???

I THINK it's a marshmallow fluff and Peanut Butter sandwich. Maybe? That's what I've always heard in TN, though, so it may be different up there.