Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What is your favorite cliche expression that you wish you didn't use?

I use the F word WAY too much. I love it, its such an expressive word, it fits every situation, lol. I use it all the time, and my kids do not need to hear it.

That and the word bogan. A bogan in Melbourne is someone who lives probably in the outer western suburbs (not the best part of Melbourne) or in the very outer South Eastern suburbs. Russell Crowe is a HUGE bogan. He's a cashed up bogan - someone from a poor, working class background with no couth, no culture and no class who's rough and uneducated and has a lot of money - there's loads of cashed up bogans these days, but he's the worst.

Australian men are not all like russell crowe with his horrid ocker accent, his slack face, that roughness about him. Yuck, he's utterly repulsive. He's a bogan.

But I complain about bogans all the time becuase I live in a bogan suburb I'm pathetically ashamed of it, because I dont ever want to be thought of as one. Not that I'm any better, lol - white middle class priviledged princess that I am - and that's why I shouldnt use the F word!

Interesting post. I never liked Russell Crowe...and now I know why. Thanks, eh. :bounce:

Here are 2 common mispronounced words in Delaware:

"amballance....instead of ambulance"

"natkin....instead of napkin"

<p>Here's a few common West Virginia-isms that drive me smack up a wall:</p> <p> </p> <p>"Borry" instead of "Borrow"</p> <p>"Kindly" instead of "kind of"</p> <p>"over to" instead of "over at", i.e. "I was over to Kroger the other day..."</p>, or "They have dog food over to Petsmart" <p>"Let me see" something instead of "let me use" something. My younger son will say something like "Let me see your cell phone" and I'll hold it up and say "Here. See it?"</p>

I say "it is what it it" waaayyy too much, but well it is what it is. ~Mandy

Ok...on the topic of Chocolat....

Never ever EVER had better sex than after watching that movie!!!

GOOD TIMES!

Rain

Definitely a "feel good" movie!

realllly???? hmm.. <rushing to Netflix>

I work for a software consulting agency who does business with a company who has an office is podunk Pennsylvania. My favorites from them:

"Yeah, I seen that email"

"Are yunz ready to go to lunch" yunz replaces y'all I believe.quote]

It's yens.

I wasn't born here but my youngest child was and believe me when I say she speaks like a Pennsylvanian! Her worst is "it don't matter" - SCREAM!!! Can I tell you I've corrected her thousands of times? She's a senior, they teach better grammar then this in grade school!

Aussies. I thought bogans were people who wore lots of piercings and tatoos, dreadlocked hair (but not black people or people of colour) army greatcoats and live in mobile homes and are not very clean looking. That is what my Tasmanian relatives told me. (And now you are going to tell me about Tassie interbreeding I suppose!!!!!)

We call bogans "New Age Travellers"

I thought Tasmanians were proof that New Zealanders can swim? Lol. Only kidding.

Nah, bogans wear flannies and stovepipe jeans and have a packet of Winnie Blue's up the Tshirt sleeve. The only place they travel is to the bottle shop for another slab of VB's.