Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September Sleevers- How are you feeling??

8 hours ago, Nessy76 said:

2 weeks out and the brain fog has finally lifted. Have been eating between 700-800 cals, which seems like a lot compared to what I see others eating. I am consistently hungry every 2-3 hours. Staying on plan.

Curious, was anyone given calorie parameters to stay within post op?

I'm a week out, and eating around 800 calories a day on full liquids. I wasn't given any caloric guide. My understanding was that this is a healing time, and it's important to get Protein in so the body can heal. When we make the switch to solids, it will be important to track calories.

But maybe im just confused! It's crazy how different all of our surgeons are with what they want us to do. I'm trying hard to just follow the plan my doctor gave me.

when I had the lapband, my doc didn't give me much to go on, so I tried to follow what I read online, which was not good for me! So now I am reading about everyone else's experience and reminding myself that I need to follow the plan I was given.

But believe me, I have a ton of questions for my 2 week follow up appointment next week!

Hey, I was sleeved on 9/12 as well. Surgery went well. But felt like **** since surgery. I just really hate feeling uncomfortable. I can't get my Water in for the life of me. Every time I drink it hurts. My Protein Shakes are so disgusting now. And also the Incision were the stomach was removed hurts so bad. I am so over this stage of the Process. I'm just ready to feel normal again.... Ok I'm done with negative Nancy lol. On a positive note... Despite me feeling like **** I still wouldn't change my Decision for the world. I am sooo in love with my weight loss [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app

I was sleeved 3 weeks ago.
One thing I am struggling with is knowing when to stop eating.
My brain doesn't realize my pouch is too full until it is too late. I end up eating about 3 more spoonfuls than I should. Then I am totally miserable and about to puke.

Sent from my SM-G900V using BariatricPal mobile app

Hi my best friend just had her surgery on the 7th. She is still in a lot of pain. I need to know what types of pains are associated with her sleeve not tolerating foods if any. She is still vomiting and in a lot of pain. Can anyone help?

On 9/13/2017 at 5:58 PM, teedsg said:

Hi there!
I'm 5 days out with hunger pains
And, dumping syndrome today because I had a Protein shake.

I miss popcorn, pizza, and wings
Such a challenge with soreness and hard to walk straight for a period of time.

I'm ready for clear liquid and milk to be over!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using BariatricPal mobile app

I feel you on the dumpling with the shake. That was the only time I was able to go to the bathroom. It sucked and have never done it again

Day 11 here. Down 5.3kgs since surgery day. The past 4 days I have only lost .1kg per day. I guess a loss is better than nothing, but a bit disappointed.

My brain doesn't realize my pouch is too full until it is too late. I end up eating about 3 more spoonfuls than I should. Then I am totally miserable and about to puke.

Same thing is happening with me! My mind can't process how little I can eat now. I will serve myself 4 tablespoons of cream Soup but it ends up being too much and I get full after a few bites. I still think i can eat one more bite or two, and then I end up uncomfortably full. My brain is still thinking I need to eat more because that's logically not enough food. I'm super happy to know that my surgery was a success and I get full off a few bites lol but it's still hard to change my mindset after 10+ years of obssessive overeating. I'm just going to serve myself 2 tablespoons from now on and see how I feel afterwards.

Sent from my SM-G930T using BariatricPal mobile app

Day 11 here. Down 5.3kgs since surgery day. The past 4 days I have only lost .1kg per day. I guess a loss is better than nothing, but a bit disappointed.

My loss has slowed down a bit too, now 2.5 weeks post op. Do yourself a favor and hide the scale! Try not to weigh yourself everyday, and instead only weigh yourself once a week, like every Monday. Your weight will naturally fluctuate everyday and even throughout the day so keep your sanity and put it away lol. It's so easy to become obsessed with the scale but the scale won't show you how many inches you lose or the muscle you gain, or just how much healthier your body is in general!

Sent from my SM-G930T using BariatricPal mobile app

Hi my best friend just had her surgery on the 7th. She is still in a lot of pain. I need to know what types of pains are associated with her sleeve not tolerating foods if any. She is still vomiting and in a lot of pain. Can anyone help?

Most likely it's the gas pain from the air they pumped in to the stomach. The other pain most likely is coming from the Incision were the stomach was removed from. That incision hurts really bad. I was giving about 10 meds to take home. One was for Nausea, I had a prescription for oxi and tylonal to control pain. Those were just a few. Maybe your friend can ask for some medication to control the nausea and pain. I hope your friend feels better soon.

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app

My surgery was 09/18 and I was discharged 09/20. I am 5 days post op at this point and I am definitely not getting in the Water and Protein they want me to. I am not really hungry but know I need some protein but am tired of shakes. I am supposed to get in 60 ounces of Protein Shakes and 64 ounces of water a day before progressing to soft Proteins like eggs, yogurt, cottage cheese, etc. I tolerate the protein shakes ok, just not much at a time. My largest incision hurts when I sit down, stand up or walk, but it is improving a little each day. Coughing is awful however! I have showered and that was great. Lifting any amount of weight really hurts my incisions though. The orange Vitamin Water Zero has been great. I only took pain meds until day 3 post op, only been on Tylenol since. I don’t want the Constipation that goes along with pain meds. This is not all unicorns and rainbows, but each day gets better. I am not regretting it, but it’s not the easy way out. I haven’t lost as much as I would have liked to since surgery, but I know I haven’t taken in hardly any protein, so today is the day I up that and get up and around more. I have been walking a bit, looking to increase that as well.

On 9/18/2017 at 11:52 AM, DawgGurlForLife said:

Hi,
This is my first post. I wasn't sleeved in September, but in Aug, the 22nd. So, my 4 week mark is tomorrow. I did this surgery to help with my diabetes, weight loss is an added extra. My blood sugar is lower, not able to come off of all of my insulin yet, anyone else have this procedure for this reason? If so, how long before you can come off of insulin.

The first week after surgery, I lost almost 2o lbs, haven't lost much more than that now. I'm feeling a little discouraged but I'm happy to be able to eat more things, now even though it's a spoon ful here and there!

Me too. I originally had the band but it dislodged soon after. I've since been diagnosed with diabetes and decided to revise into the sleeve to help with it. Blood sugar was great the first couple of weeks but is slowly starting to creep up again. Disappointed that I'll have to probably start up low doses of insulin again but glad that it's less meds than before still. It's so hard to understand why it's raising again considering that I eat such low low carbs right now (2 1/2 weeks out)

Same thing is happening to me, I need to concentrate.

Sent from my SM-N920T using BariatricPal mobile app