Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September Sleevers- How are you feeling??

I was sleeved on 9-12. Surgery went well. But I'm just in so much pain. It hurts to drink anything. I'm still on all liquids and I don't even want that but I know I have to get it in. I absolutely hate the way I'm feeling right now. I just can't wait for this stage to pass. I feel so miserable right now [emoji21]

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app

It is going to be a rough week or so, then it will get better. I am 15 days out and feeling good physically. Not so great mentally. The first week was by far the worst.

Sent from my SM-G900V using BariatricPal mobile app

Glad to see your posts. My pain is an 8 at least. It was yesterday the surgery.. I hurt so bad and I don't see how it will decrease. Fortunately I had bought a recliner a month ago. It's a lifesaver. Are you guys walking with pillows or were you? And how do you feel mentally??

49 minutes ago, Aginn10 said:

Glad to see your posts. My pain is an 8 at least. It was yesterday the surgery.. I hurt so bad and I don't see how it will decrease. Fortunately I had bought a recliner a month ago. It's a lifesaver. Are you guys walking with pillows or were you? And how do you feel mentally??

Buying a recliner was a great idea. I slept on a flat bed for the first time last night, and it was really uncomfortable.

Mentally I am feeling good- but I have been through this before, with the lapband, so that helps a bit.

The pain will get better. It just takes time.

It is going to be a rough week or so, then it will get better. I am 15 days out and feeling good physically. Not so great mentally. The first week was by far the worst.

OMG so far it is. I'm glad to here that it will get better. Right now my mind is telling me what the hell did I just do to myself. But I've heard that some people does have the "buyer's remorse" feeling. So I'm pretty sure I'm going through that right now. Thanks for your response I truly appreciate it.

I totally understand how you're feeling because I feel the same way. I also have a recliner. I'm in it majority of the day. I keep my pillow next to me but I'm just uncomfortable all the time. Mentally right now I'm ok. But I do keep getting thoughts that this was a terrible idea. But again it is all the emotions of being in pain. After this stage I will be 100% sure I did not make the wrong choice. I'm definitely going to fight and hang in there.... Well at this point I technically don't have a choice lol [emoji4]

I suffer from Major Depressive Disorder.
It has been hard without comfort food.< br>My wife said I look Grey.
I am tired and hungry.
But I still do not regret the surgery.

I was sleeved on 9/12. I have been doing well. I'm supposed to be on liquids, but I was feeling extremely weak, so I had some cream of wheat. I'm not having any issues getting foods down, and I don't feel sick afterwards, I have been loosing weight since surgery I lost 4lbs, bc the gas had to leave my system. With preop diet and surgery thus far I've lost 18 lbs. I'm not upset at how my weight is dropping I just want to work out honestly. I try to walk a lot during the day bc I love to exercise. I'm sure my doc will be mad that I advanced myself on soft foods 1 week early, but I need the energy. I go back to work tomorrow and everything has healed well for me. I'll try to eat healthier soft foods like non fat Greek yogurt tomorrow. But as for now all is well. I'm a very active person so I want to make sure that my metabolism can keep up with me. My stats are below.

First visit: 245 lbs
Before preop diet: 236 lbs
After preop: 225 lbs
Cw: 218 lbs

Hi,
This is my first post. I wasn't sleeved in September, but in Aug, the 22nd. So, my 4 week mark is tomorrow. I did this surgery to help with my diabetes, weight loss is an added extra. My blood sugar is lower, not able to come off of all of my insulin yet, anyone else have this procedure for this reason? If so, how long before you can come off of insulin.

The first week after surgery, I lost almost 2o lbs, haven't lost much more than that now. I'm feeling a little discouraged but I'm happy to be able to eat more things, now even though it's a spoon ful here and there!

HI,

I am 5 days post op. Yesterday was the first day I felt okay. On day three I was thinking to myself was this the right choice. I felt like throwing up, I didn't have an appetite for anything. But now I'm feeling my normal self except now I can only have liquids. It's not really difficult because of pre vsg I only had to do one day of full liquids.

Edited by TheNewGirl_mm

Im 2 weeks out today

An i feel nauseous i vomit every morning today i feel like this weird feeling in my stomach like if im full an i keep spitting up

Im down 40 pounds

The day of surgery i was 10 down

Discharged i was 20 an Saturday i was 40 down

Im happy im loosing it i just hate feeling sick spitting all the time and nauseous

On 9/15/2017 at 10:24 AM, AsianBeauty said:

I was sleeved on 9-12. Surgery went well. But I'm just in so much pain. It hurts to drink anything. I'm still on all liquids and I don't even want that but I know I have to get it in. I absolutely hate the way I'm feeling right now. I just can't wait for this stage to pass. I feel so miserable right now

I was 09/14. I felt just like you. How are you today @AsianBeauty?

7 hours ago, shanicebarry said:

I was sleeved on 9/12. I have been doing well. I'm supposed to be on liquids, but I was feeling extremely weak, so I had some cream of wheat. I'm not having any issues getting foods down, and I don't feel sick afterwards, I have been loosing weight since surgery I lost 4lbs, bc the gas had to leave my system. With preop diet and surgery thus far I've lost 18 lbs. I'm not upset at how my weight is dropping I just want to work out honestly. I try to walk a lot during the day bc I love to exercise. I'm sure my doc will be mad that I advanced myself on soft foods 1 week early, but I need the energy. I go back to work tomorrow and everything has healed well for me. I'll try to eat healthier soft foods like non fat Greek yogurt tomorrow. But as for now all is well. I'm a very active person so I want to make sure that my metabolism can keep up with me. My stats are below.

First visit: 245 lbs
Before preop diet: 236 lbs
After preop: 225 lbs
Cw: 218 lbs

@shanicebarryI love your post. I am like you, I sorta self advanced a little, had a half of a scrambled egg on day 4. I wasn't able to drink those Protein Shakes and i felt weak and weird. Had half an egg today, am gonna try cream of wheat tomorrow. I chewed the egg until nothing was there to swallow. But I haven't had any problems or regrets from trying which I know is highly uncommon... but I wouldn't have tried had I thought or found out I couldn't..

Was sleeved on 9/14. Day four post op here and I am starving. Can drink with no problems, loving the Premier Protein waters. I have had broth and yogurt today. Averaging about 250 calories a day. I am just praying this feeling of hunger goes away! Not much pain at all, but the roof of my mouth has been sore every since coming home from the hospital. Anyone use sugar free candy to help with hunger?

Day of preop diet start. 253
SW 236
CW 233