Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September Sleevers- How are you feeling??

24 minutes ago, blondetbird said:

Was sleeved on 9/14. Day four post op here and I am starving. Can drink with no problems, loving the Premier Protein waters. I have had broth and yogurt today. Averaging about 250 calories a day. I am just praying this feeling of hunger goes away! Not much pain at all, but the roof of my mouth has been sore every since coming home from the hospital. Anyone use sugar free candy to help with hunger?

Day of preop diet start. 253
SW 236
CW 233

I was sleeved same day. Using SF candy for flavor and hunger yes. I AM starving. It started today. I feel like I won't make it through this first week of no food. Kinda scares me. No problems drinking. Still in a fair bit of pain tho.

13 days post op, enjoying the puree, always full, but I have too have my liquids... taking all my Vitamin religiously. I am not missing anything because I didn't eat much of the things you guys are mentioning, well I miss my coffee with French vanilla Coffee mate and brown sugar, when I get to my 4 weeks I will modify it, this is the new coffee Decaf coffee w/caramel Premier Protein I can't wait.

Sent from my SM-N920T using BariatricPal mobile app

I was sleeved yesterday on 9-18 and was discharged the same day. I am doing ok with my Water and my gas pain is finally subsiding a bit. I did just throw up a bit and that didn't feel great. I'm also living on my recliner, but make it a point to get up and walk around my house. I'm thinking about taking a shower later, which hopefully feels good.

Hi gang. New to the group. Had my sleeve on 9/7 but bled internally and had a seizure on 9/8 requiring a second, emergency surgery. Spent 2 nights in ICU and overall an extra few nights in the hospital. Got home 9/12.

On stage II foods (full liquids) and have returned to work. Never felt too much pain although the hernia repair really made my tummy bruised. Feeling ok physically, but my mental acuity is still impaired a bit. Its hard because my job requires a lot of quick thinking and writing. But it is getting better each day.

Really tired of the flavor of the Protein Shakes. But i have been making nice strained Soups - mushroom-marsala, sweet potato with a touch of hoisin sauce (probably a no-no), cream of broccoli and they are the flavor highlight of my day.

First day back in the office today. First time ever I didn't eat a bagel and cream cheese and I did want one but I know I won't tolerate it. Worst was when a group of co-workers brought in fried chicken for lunch. My stomach is not hungry but my mind is. I have been jonesing for all my favorites - pizza, wings, burgers. I am hoping the desire to eat these things will ultimately subside. But I kind suspect it will never go away. Kinda bummed about that.

But i am down a great deal of weight since the pre-op diet. 45+ pounds! Wearing some clothes I hadn't fit into for 3 years! So that's a plus. scale kinda stopped the last few days. So i hope it starts moving down again.

Looking forward to pureed foods and ultimately solid foods again.

Surgery was 9/5 so I'm 2 weeks out. I've lost exactly 20lbs since surgery (sleeve, hiatal hernia repair, and cholecystectomy). I actually feel pretty normal. Haven't had any complications or issues thus far, no reflux, my liquids are going down easy and my incisions are fully healed. Still have some pain moving around with the larger incision, but that's all. Definitely wasn't mentally prepared for how much I would miss food though lol. Not even craving junk, I just want some grapes or a turkey sandwich. I've gone through some regret but I just remind myself that it's worth it. I'm on my phase 2 liquids right now with one more week before I can move onto phase 3 purees. And then another 2 weeks on that before I can have soft foods. It seems like every doctor follows a different guide. Sucks, but just gotta power through it. Im excited for my puree phase to begin!

Sent from my SM-G930T using BariatricPal mobile app

On 9/14/2017 at 8:36 AM, ZinNH said:

I don't miss food. A few months ago, I read a book called Never Binge Again, and it really helped me work through some of my food addiction.

Free on Amazon Prime, downloaded to my Kindle as my next read -- thanks for the recommendation.

39 minutes ago, alyssa_vsg said:

I'm on my phase 2 liquids right now with one more week before I can move onto phase 3 purees. And then another 2 weeks on that before I can have soft foods. It seems like every doctor follows a different guide.

Sounds like you have the same regime as me (in 4+ months!!!). Its a little tougher than what other are advised.

I'm one week out and starting puréed food tomorrow can't wait. My mind has craved a thick bread cheese sandwich even though I don't think I EVER ate that. Gas has been painful so I've learned to stay ahead of that with pain meds. Only started to stop regretting half way through the last week. Worry about work a lot as my mental acuity / application isn't there, as someone else has shared. Have been so encouraged by assistance I've had from surprising quarters. Wish my daughter could have been kinder / more thoughtful but she's 13 it goes with the territory.

Had surgery on 9/15. Moved to stage 2 when home from hospital but did 2 days of clears. Feeling woozy and nauseous still, very faint. Walked to grocery store and might have over done it as i about fainted when i got home. Been retching alot but no actual vomit- this hurts my incisions. Not sleeping well either. Getting my Water in little by little. Prefer room temp water. Perhaps if i do some peppermint tea i will feel better. My mutivitamin came in mail today so maybe taking that will help as well. Im taking my Calcium and B12. Using very little pain meds, i sip childrens liquid Tylenol at night.

Sounds like you have the same regime as me (in 4+ months!!!). Its a little tougher than what other are advised.

Glad I'm not the only one on my regime! I'm so tempted to move forward onto the next phase since so many others can progress quickly, but I will trust my doctors judgement. I did 'cheat' today and chewed on a mandarin (spit out the pulp and only swallowed the juices) lol but I'm not allowed whole high fibrous fruit until im on regular solids... I am dying for some fruit though. Grapes, watermelon, pineapple... really looking forward to eating mushy banana next week!

Hi gang. New to the group. Had my sleeve on 9/7 but bled internally and had a seizure on 9/8 requiring a second, emergency surgery. Spent 2 nights in ICU and overall an extra few nights in the hospital. Got home 9/12.

On stage II foods (full liquids) and have returned to work. Never felt too much pain although the hernia repair really made my tummy bruised. Feeling ok physically, but my mental acuity is still impaired a bit. Its hard because my job requires a lot of quick thinking and writing. But it is getting better each day.
Really tired of the flavor of the Protein Shakes. But i have been making nice strained Soups - mushroom-marsala, sweet potato with a touch of hoisin sauce (probably a no-no), cream of broccoli and they are the flavor highlight of my day.

First day back in the office today. First time ever I didn't eat a bagel and cream cheese and I did want one but I know I won't tolerate it. Worst was when a group of co-workers brought in fried chicken for lunch. My stomach is not hungry but my mind is. I have been jonesing for all my favorites - pizza, wings, burgers. I am hoping the desire to eat these things will ultimately subside. But I kind suspect it will never go away. Kinda bummed about that.

But i am down a great deal of weight since the pre-op diet. 45+ pounds! Wearing some clothes I hadn't fit into for 3 years! So that's a plus. scale kinda stopped the last few days. So i hope it starts moving down again.

Looking forward to pureed foods and ultimately solid foods again.

Sorry to hear of your surgery experience! Must have been very scary for you to go through. But I am glad to hear that you are doing okay now!

I wish I could guzzle down the Protein Shake to get it over with lol, but we all know that won't end well! So over the shakes but I'm with you with the soups. Definite highlight of my day as well. Yesterday I made a cauliflower kale Soup blended to death with a dash of cheddar cheese. So yummy. Looking forward to having it again tonight! Next on my recipe list will be healthy baked potato soup.

My cravings right now are oddly for non junk food things but when I do get a whiff of fries or pizza, or when I watch other people eat yummy foods, my stomach starts grumbling! Having to practice such extreme self control now will hopefully prepare me for when I can finally eat solids. At that point I should have great self control with food!

2 weeks out and the brain fog has finally lifted. Have been eating between 700-800 cals, which seems like a lot compared to what I see others eating. I am consistently hungry every 2-3 hours. Staying on plan.

Curious, was anyone given calorie parameters to stay within post op?

Hi September Sleevers!!

I was sleeved on 9/15 I had no pain the hospital stay was very relaxing did my walks on the hospital floor had to keep up with the old Asian guy that question why I was only doing one walk around and he does 4 so my competitive side came out and I had to do 5 rounds. Lol!

Came home on 9/17 on a full liquid diet my shakes I could handle the first day and a half then my taste buds didn't want any so I had to try several different ones to get my Protein. I'm kinda cheating substituting a shake meal for a yogurt that has 15grams. I've so far walked everyday and today I finally let out a tiny baby size pebble of poop so at least that still works.

Good Luck everyone!! You got this!

HW 233
SW 214
CW 208
GW 127
Height 5'1

[mention=324233]shanicebarry[/mention]I love your post. I am like you, I sorta self advanced a little, had a half of a scrambled egg on day 4. I wasn't able to drink those Protein Shakes and i felt weak and weird. Had half an egg today, am gonna try cream of wheat tomorrow. I chewed the egg until nothing was there to swallow. But I haven't had any problems or regrets from trying which I know is highly uncommon... but I wouldn't have tried had I thought or found out I couldn't..

And honestly it's okay, a lot of people may have opinions but this is your journey, and just because you deviate from your diet doesn't mean you're doomed for failure. My Mom had the bypass and I tell you she did not stick to her diet at all, she was an it more risky than I am trying foods that she shouldn't have and ended up purging but that's what she needed a lesson learned. She was still successful and after 10 years kept the weight off. Everyone's body is different.