Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello everyone! I am new and have just started looking around a bit. Seems like really great site. I have my Pre-Op appointment on 10/17 to start the process and to pick the date. I am very excited to get the procedure done. My insurance company stated that my employeer had added a specific clause exempting any bariatric procedure so I will be getting it done private pay. Any Banders from Kansas? I am going to take about 2 weeks off from work since at times work can be very strenuous. I am nervous about having it done but I get nervous with any surgery. I hope to meet alot of you, make some friends, and to learn more about this new lifestyle I have chosen. Talk to you all soon!

Welcome Mike!!! I was a self pay also and it was so.....worth it. I paid 8000 for everything, even airfare and hotel. Loved Mexico and Dr. Zapata. Donna

Hi Mike,

from the Mo side, but work in Overland park.Dr Malley will be doing my surgery. Who are you having yours done with?

The doctor I have chosen is at the weight los surgical center in Overland park, KS. He is Dr. Nigro. the total for the surgery, hospital, anesthesia, and a year of appointments is $17,500.00. I know that this is a lot of cash but I feel comfortable with this clinic and the doctors.

Hi Mike,

I'm fairly new to this site as well. I was just banded on Oct. 5th and I came back to work this week. The first week was a little rough on me. My sugar kept dropping from the diet they had me on. But I'm doing better now. I lost 10 pounds in the first 6 days. I can't wait to see the new me!

Hi, I am new here, banded June 1, 2007 in Salt Lake City, Utah. Dr. Christina Richards, lost 30 lbs so far. How do you do those tickerfactory.com thingys?

sue

Hey Mike,

It is great to hear someone who is also going to Dr Nigro. I am set up to see him Nov29, but have talked on the phone to the office a few times they have been great so far. Have you been scheduled for surgery yet? Have you actually had an appt with Dr Nigro yet? I was told my first appt would be with a NP. That is fine, just anxious to meet the Dr that will be affecting my life.

Thanks,

smiletracy:)

Hi Smiletracy,

I do have a surgical date, infact it is this thursday 11/8. I really like the staff there at the weight loss surgical center. I have to admit that I am a bit nervous but I am ready to get it done. I think that you will really like them.

congrats mike on your surgery date. :clap2: two days left of anxiety. It will be great I am sure. Make sure to let us know how it went. How long did it take you from start to finish to get your surgery?

I am so happy for you.

Relax, you will do fine! :)

Have a good one,

smiletracy

Good luck with your surgery Mike, mine was last Thursday and I haven't had too many hiccups so far... hope it's the same for you. :clap2: :clap2: