Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August Sleevers-How are you doing??

Today I jumped on the scales and I've hit 35 kg lost (77 pounds). I did a little happy dance, I've gone down 1-2 sizes on my tops, but none on my pants (although my pants are getting baggy!)

And I've gone down 1 size in my shoes - which I didn't expect at all.

I'm convinced this surgery was the right decision.

I'm so anxious now because some time in the next month or two, my weight loss should go from "looking better" to "looking GOOD." I think by my anniversary in April, I should be well below 200 pounds... I weighed 220 when I met my wife and I've only gone up from there. She's loved me at every size (thank goodness) but I think she's as curious what I would look like below 200 as I am.

17 hours ago, trying4me said:

I am in the same boat. Stalled for 2 weeks now and frustrated. Sleeve on 8/31 down 27lbs. I think I am also seeing others big successes and being hard on myself, but wonder if they had bypass which lends to faster losses. I am trying to be patient and follow my plan. Stick to high Protein food choices. I need to be better at Vitamins.

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app

I've been stalled for at least two weeks now and I just keep telling myself it's not possible that I won't lose weight again--I KNOW what my calorie totals are and the loss has to start again eventually. But boy, doesn't it suck when you get on the scale day after day and nothing has changed?

On 8/25/2017 at 9:26 AM, QueenTiff said:

It's rough out here in these streets lol I got sleeved august 7 and finally on soft food stage. I ate literally one scrambled egg with cheese and was like I can't eat anymore it's a little depressing not gonna lie

Tiffaniemoji1528.pngemoji757.pngemoji175.png

Jesus that sounds AWFUL. Was it can't eat anymore like I'm sick now, or can't eat anymore like wow I'm full and satisfied (in a food way)?

Today, I was phone banking with a few people from the Green Party and it was a potluck event. I had some (vegan) meat & spaghetti and even though I got (what I thought was) a small amount of Pasta but I couldn't even eat a quarter of that. But at least one of the other volunteers was happy to eat what I couldn't. :)

I used to love Pasta but I don't think I care if I ever eat it again. It's so much work to avoid carbs and eat enough Protein that the idea of eating a pile of carbs with zero protein... not for me.

Are you all having foods you used to love but don't think you want anymore?

I’m struggling with eggs now, never did before. I used to love them. The only way I can tolerate them now is in egg drop Soup or in an Asian broth. Hard boiled eggs make me turn green. I may be able to do a fried egg on toast but would afraid I’d just want the toast! I’m also having an aversion to salty foods like bacon and prosciutto. I always have good cheeses and meats like that in the house and now my husband just eats it all. I did have a bite of Brie last night and that tasted good. I’m just craving roasted chicken wings. Went and bought a pack at Whole Foods to cook up. My Protein intake is definitely suffering.

Sleeved 8/7 HW: 256 SW: 248
CW: 213 @ 10 weeks post op 5'7" GW: 150

The one thing that truly nauseates me since surgery is cigarette smoke, which never bothered me before. My wife smokes, too, so this has been a struggle.

On the positive side, when I started this, I got her to promise that if I get below 200, she would quit. I think she only agreed because she thought I'd never pull it off. But now it looks like as early as February, she may have to give 'em up.

8 hours ago, etc. etc. etc. said:

I used to love Pasta but I don't think I care if I ever eat it again. It's so much work to avoid carbs and eat enough Protein that the idea of eating a pile of carbs with zero protein... not for me.

Are you all having foods you used to love but don't think you want anymore?

I'm definitely more mindful about the carbs! Rice at the Mexican restaurant was a favorite. I don't touch it now. If I could only give up those dang chips.

6 hours ago, Allie589 said:

I’m struggling with eggs now, never did before. I used to love them.

I'd be in trouble; that is my daily breakfast!

The last time I went on a plane flight was very embarrassing, I was exploding out of the seat and needed a seat belt extender. That was a few years ago and I haven't flown since.

I've set my goals on going to Hawaii the middle of next year, so now I just need to drop the weight to make flying comfortable.

I'm hoping if I can drop 1 kg a week between now and then, the flight should be ok.

I've had a bit of a stall the last couple of weeks, so starting today I'm going to go back on the Protein Shakes and focus on exercise... hopefully this will start the weight loss again.

Edited by BigAussieGirl

I finally have lost 39 pounds which I ecstatic about, I’m the lightest I’ve been in 3 years! Winning

Today I jumped on the scales and I've hit 35 kg lost (77 pounds). I did a little happy dance, I've gone down 1-2 sizes on my tops, but none on my pants (although my pants are getting baggy!)
And I've gone down 1 size in my shoes - which I didn't expect at all.

I'm convinced this surgery was the right decision.

Congrats hun so happy for you!

On 25/10/2017 at 11:55 PM, Cloebird said:

I'd be in trouble; that is my daily breakfast!

I miss bread, love that I can have cheese, meats etc but I want to wrap them in a sandwich.