Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Surgery August 16th

I had surgery two days ago and the only sign is the gas. I am sipping Clear Liquids and have no problem with it. I'm not hungry,not in pain, don't feel full, walking around and burping a lot. I thought I would be really full if I sipped on my liquids but not. Is this normal?

I'm the same way. Had surgery Aug 15. I keep wondering if this is normal but there probably is no such thing as normal! I did notice that I couldn't drink all of the Protein box tonite like I had done this morning? I don't know??? I would like to be able to chew something so I can tell if I'm full

I 'm exactly the same ..9 days out... I never had a problem from day one.... I can take about 12 oz. of fluid... I was worried that was too much... I still am worried ....I'm just felt like I should be barely choking it down... but I don't have any problems at all.

I have a follow up appointment on Thursday so I'm going to make sure I'm not drinking to much because I read it could damage the sleeve. I'm just glad I don't feel hungry.

I had to follow the 15min rule since I was having trouble getting fluids in and now I've reduced it to an ounce every 10mins. I tolerate warm soup/broth better than plain Water like a lot of others had said. I think I'm just waiting on swelling to go down. Also, in the mornings I have "morning sickness" where I get really nauseas and have spasms. I'm going to sip on a shake first thing tomorrow morning because I'm thinking it might be from hunger because water doesn't do the trick.

Also, had a REAL BM today that had me thanking Jesus (Sounded like Madea for a moment). [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

I had my surgery on the 14th, and neither pain nor difficulty swallowing from day one. Just today, I've been feeling hungry from time to time. I sure hope I'm not doing something wrong.

I am having a similar issue. I'm 5 weeks post op and my stomach lets me eat anything. I was hoping for more restriction so I don't have to rely on willpower so much.

I had my surgery on the 16th as well and I'm not hungry at all. I eat one sugar free popsicle and I feel so full for a long time.

I'm supposed to be drinking 60g of Protein each day and I'm really struggling getting that in (mostly because all the protein powders I've tried so far are disgusting to me...).

2 hours ago, pumpedandready said:

Just saw my doc and he stated I would not have a full feeling until I start more solid foods my stomach is just a straw right now with liquids just passing through until it heals. As far as the hunger feeling it is real but should pass in time.

Sent from my SM-G935P using BariatricPal mobile app

Thanks for sharing.

I thought I was the only one that was feeling as if I can drink and still feel hungry!!! I had my surgery on the 17th I never really had any pain. I only feel discomfort when I sit or stand like I feel swore as if I worked out the day before. I have my first post opp appointment on Friday.

On 21/08/2017 at 3:58 PM, Robindee11 said:

I am having a similar issue. I'm 5 weeks post op and my stomach lets me eat anything. I was hoping for more restriction so I don't have to rely on willpower so much.

Lets you eat anything and you have no restriction? Can I ask what you are eating, i am 7 weeks post, is this the case if you eat just Protein? so you can eat unlimited about of steak for example?

Edited by dreamingsmall