Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

THE HARD PART (waiting for insurance to approve)

I can honestly say I was cool up until this point.. I didn't care about going to the NUT monthly for 6 months and doing the GI, psych, and everything else lol, but this waiting to see if I get approved OMG is about to drive me crazy .... I guess im just really anxious to get it done and be a better me

I can honestly say I was cool up until this point.. I didn't care about going to the NUT monthly for 6 months and doing the GI, psych, and everything else lol, but this waiting to see if I get approved OMG is about to drive me crazy .... I guess im just really anxious to get it done and be a better me

I feel the same exact way. It's been 12 days, and I call daily and they just say it's under review. I wish I knew a way to make it move along faster.

Best wishes!

Dotty Cole

Did they give you an indication of how long it normally takes your insurance to respond?

Did they give you an indication of how long it normally takes your insurance to respond?

They said 15 days, and then later said it can take up to 30 days. I had to have a procedure on my back today so I couldn't call, but I will be calling first thing in the morning.

Best wishes!

Dotty Cole

I got denied!!

Best wishes!

Dotty Cole

Sorry to hear that , did they explained to you why? And maybe your hospital can fight it off.

“There will be obstacles. There will be doubters. There will be mistakes. But with hard work, there are no limits.” —Michael Phelps

Sorry to hear that , did they explained to you why? And maybe your hospital can fight it off.

“There will be obstacles. There will be doubters. There will be mistakes. But with hard work, there are no limits.” —Michael Phelps

It was my psych evaluation. My therapist gave a lot of incorrect information. He's calling them to do peer to peer review to get it corrected. If he tells the truth there should not be a problem getting them to approve.

Best wishes!

Dotty Cole

What? What kind of psychologist would ADD to a patient's anxiety? INSANE!!! Mine told me right away that I was approved. Gah... people (even psychologists) do such dumb stuff.

What? What kind of psychologist would ADD to a patient's anxiety? INSANE!!! Mine told me right away that I was approved. Gah... people (even psychologists) do such dumb stuff.

He is my regular therapist since 2013. Smh. I thought he would do a descent job. He conveyed I have no support, too many stressors and might be non compliant after surgery. Where he got that from idk. But he is correcting it. I am also getting a non biased new psych evaluation with a psychologist that my surgeons office uses just in case they don't approve after he talks to my ins company. I was so pissed at first. But I've since calmed down.

Best wishes!

Dotty Cole

27 minutes ago, dcole007 said:

He is my regular therapist since 2013. Smh. I thought he would do a descent job. He conveyed I have no support, too many stressors and might be non compliant after surgery. Where he got that from idk. But he is correcting it. I am also getting a non biased new psych evaluation with a psychologist that my surgeons office uses just in case they don't approve after he talks to my ins company. I was so pissed at first. But I've since calmed down.

Best wishes!

Dotty Cole

Wow, I then have to rescind my previous comments -- he's known you for 4 year and I've known you for like, a second.

Edited by Apple203

It was my psych evaluation. My therapist gave a lot of incorrect information. He's calling them to do peer to peer review to get it corrected. If he tells the truth there should not be a problem getting them to approve.

Best wishes!

Dotty Cole

That’s messed up, but you know is wrong. So it’s a matter of a lil more wait. You will get your surgery.

I had mine done yesterday , and I ask her how would I know if everything is ok. She only said I’m gonna submit your paper work for your insurance and they’ll give you a response . I felt like “oh god now I’m gonna stress this out” no hint whatsoever !!

Wow, I then have to rescind my previous comments -- he's known you for 4 year and I've known you for like, a second.

No don't because you are right and he apologized for adding so much stress to my life. But the more I think about all of the incorrect information he conveyed I wonder if he even listens to what I am saying. Now I'm just annoyed with him!

Best wishes!

Dotty Cole

I had mine done yesterday , and I ask her how would I know if everything is ok. She only said I’m gonna submit your paper work for your insurance and they’ll give you a response . I felt like “oh god now I’m gonna stress this out” no hint whatsoever !! [emoji30][emoji30]

I have mine on November 14th and she told me I have to come the first time to talk and the 2nd time to take tests. Like answer questions. And if I want to know how she evaluated me then I have to
Come for a 3rd visit, which I probably will do or
I'll stress myself to death.

Best wishes!

Dotty Cole