Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

When is your 1st fill?

My first fill is Nov 26th and it cant come soon enough!! I can eat huge amounts, I know cos I lost track one night while we were all eating cottage pie and I had scoffed LOADS!! I have no restriction at all but I coping with will power - well I am not pigging out.

I am working my ass off and trying to stick to high Protein, but I must admit I feel very much like this is just another diet at the moment!

Hopefully after the fill I will be ok......

Nina x

Hey just got back from the Dr.’s had my first fill. It was nothing, I got the numbing shot and then the fill. I looked at he needle before and it was filled to 5 1/2 cc’s and when she was finished it was empty. I can only guess that I got it all, but did not ask. On liquid for the rest of the day and then until lunch tomorrow. I am down 23lbs total from pre op diet and banding (now a month ago). I go back on Nov 26ht for another fill.

I was banded on the 8th and I get my first fill on Nov 13th. I'm on soft foods now but do get hungry like clock work every 4 hours. So I may need a fill. Not sure if I already have some in my band because I can not eat nearly as much as I use too. Just have to work on better food slections on the weekends when I am out and about.

I contacted the doctors office today and they said that about 10% don't need fills. I am wondering if I am one of them? Might be to early to say. I do need to up my calories to 1200 per day and I think I will be able to manage that. I have done it once before (but not with good choices) I have had all the Fluid removed from the band, so it is completely empty- weird eh?

my band was 10/3, my first fill will be nov 19. I lost 14 lbs so far, but am just holding now. Don't mind because my dr said the 1st 6 wks are for healing. Some people lose and some don't. Know I need a fill soon because I can eat anything I want (but I'm trying not to!). I'm glad I'm having it before TG, love that food too much! Good luck to all of us. :)Laura

I had my surgery on 10.10.07 and am booked to see the doctor on 20.11.07. I hope that I wil be getting my first fill as I am now starting to feel really hungry.

I was banded on the 11th and my first fill is Nov. 29th. Can hardly wait. I've been doing really good with eating properly but am definitely able to eat more before I feel full. Really looking forward to feeling full and satisfied with just a small amount of food. I also have mixed feelings about being banded after thanksgiving. On one hand I'm glad I get to enjoy it, on the other I really want the weight off. I'll have to see if I have any self-control that day. Wish me luck.

I was given my first fill today. It was easy, and almost painless, and I think that I will be much happier now, as I finally have restriction. I was banded October 3, and have lst 30 pounds, though I was stuck for about two weeks, without any loss....

I am on liquids for 2 days, then will try some solid food....I'm hoping to get good restricion. So far, so good.

:P

I had my surgery on Oct 2.........had my first fill on nov. 12........all went very well.......took about 5 minutes and was painless. I am anxioius to starting seeing the results now :cool: I have a 10cc band and had 4cc's put in..........so i'm well on my way to a better me!

same as you kygal, I was banded on Oct. 3rd, just got my first fill today 3cc's she told me, I havnt lost anythin to for a few weeks, she told me to call if I dont see a pound or two gone in two weeks, she will put in more, if i lose I go back in 4 weeks for another "adjustment" as they call it.

Hatmamma, same day as well, I could eat anything to, but she said might not feel restriction with first fill, had mine today, I hope I do.