October '17 RNY buddies

You guys all rock!!!!!! I cant even begin to explain how grateful I am for this surgery it really has been life altering!!!! I am down another 1.6 pounds today woohoo I started strength training on Friday lets put it this way Friday was very small amount of ab work I'm talking like one set of 5 on like 4 or 5 different things I woke up sore but ok then Saturday was legs again same thing one set of 5 for like 4 or 5 things woke up no pain wooohooo go me and my strong thigh yeah right Sunday night could barely walk and it stayed that way till Monday night it was awful The first pic is from September 2017 1 month before the surgery and the other is from Mid January of this year. Oh the times they are a changing

DSCF0053.JPG

January .jpg

• Like 1

YOU look AWESOME!!!!! Oh my gosh!!!😃👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼 Wow! You look great!!! Yes it’s is so life altering! I couldn’t agree more!! Let me see if I can find a pic too before surg...& after. Ok yep- the first is a month before surgery. Second was taken at 3 month post op at 45 lbs lighter!! Yay for us!!😃👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

B7D072F9-19B7-4364-954B-EF059FF094F4.jpeg

CF055C35-DAFE-4943-8243-EFE3E080BCED.jpeg

Edited by RNY-Fall-2017
  • Like 1

So I hit an old stand by feeling. Thursday night as I entered my last glass of Water into my food tracker I noticed my calories and I have to admit a wave of shame rushed over me. I barely ever hit 500 calories I mean I have to kind of push it to hit that and there i was staring at 613 calories (the day before I was at 363). My thoughts immediately fell back into diet mode the oh god how could i have done this, this is going to ruin my loss, where is my self control etc etc. As this was rocketing through my body, a shift occurred and I caught it. I caught how incredibly hateful I was being to myself and that the last thing I was being was loving to myself. It is crazy that this is how I lived my life such a short time ago, my new truth is that I love me, I love how I have met this challenge, I love how I am making good choices and sticking to plan, I enjoy this new self compassion far more than the self loathing I once lived in. I am proud of me.