Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October '17 RNY buddies

That's aawesome! I just assumed the weight would fall off daily. I mean we are barely consuming calories. I had Lapband before and when I had a decent restriction, weight would just drop off of me.

3 hours ago, mmeredith75 said:

I had RNY 10/30. Have you experienced any stalling of weight loss?

I had RNY 10/30 also and my weight hasn't budged in 3 days. Hopefully, it will a little tomorrow. I know I shouldn't weigh myself daily but that's something I've done for the past 25 years, kind of a hard habit to break...

3 hours ago, mmeredith75 said:

I had RNY 10/30. Have you experienced any stalling of weight loss?

No stall yet but I don't weigh every day

OMG! I do too! Ever since I had my Lapband in 2014, I weighed daily because when I had a decent restriction, weight fell off of me daily. I've been stalled for 4 days. I compare everything to my Lapband experience. I start getting doubts...

Sent from my SM-J327P using BariatricPal mobile app

I had my follow up with my surgeon today finally .. usually they do 1 week but he was out . It’s been 2. 1/2 weeks . I get to go back to work tomorrow yay ! I am so ready ! Because I’m bored . I am down 12 lbs and feeling great all except for the pain next to my right side incision. He said there are stitches in my abdominal muscles there to prevent a hernia . ANd it’s normal for them to start hurting now because I am doing more . Other than that he said I’m great ! Down 37.5 lbs since April and on track . I just gotta remember to eat slower . I have done that three times nd it hurts so bad you would think I would learn quicker !!

This is my Journey to Joy !

Today is my 3wks from surgery date. I weigh once a week - week to week any variance in normal fluctuations will work themselves out in the grand scheme of things.

So far, I've lost 18 lbs since surgery!

10/27 surgery day: 279.4

11/3 1 week out: 269.8 (-9.6)

11/10 2 weeks out: 266.8 (-3.0)

11/17 3 weeks out: 261.4 (-5.4)

From my highest of 300, I'm down 38.6 lbs total. I couldn't be happier with my progress so far. I'm prepared for the inevitable stall, and I know to just keep doing what I'm supposed to be doing, and it'll work itself out. No regrets on deciding to embark on this journey :)

24 days post op. Been in a stall since Nov. 16th (prior to the 3 weeks). And I feel so bloated all the darn time! Does this feeling ever go away?

SO nauseated all the time this week and food is getting stuck.. has anyone tried papaya enzyme..

Well I am sitting in the hospital getting iv fluids . I am dehydrated from being so nauseated and this morning was dry heaving . I haven’t been able to get in anything the last few days

I am sorry to hear that, I was in the same spot last week , I spent a week without been able to eat or drink anything... I am afraid that you have an stricture.... I had to get a laparoscopic procedure where they inflated the stricture in order to fix it.... The down side in my case was that I paid for my surgery and had to pay for this procedure as well... It is a matter of 15 minutes and you are sedated so no biggie... You should call your doctor.....

I hope you get better....

I’m 6 weeks post op today. I started in size 24/26 and now in 18. My program has my goals set at BMI and I didn’t include it in the picture, but I started at BMI 48, surgery my BMI was 45 and today my BMI is 39.
IMG_2628.JPG

Well I am sitting in the hospital getting iv fluids . I am dehydrated from being so nauseated and this morning was dry heaving . I haven’t been able to get in anything the last few days

I’ve been nauseous and a bit light headed in the morning the last couple days ... because of this I can’t seem to start my Water or food till later (presently on week 6 and only can get 24 oz of water per day
Any suggestions?

Well I think you should be getting in more Fluid than that and if your nauseated and dizzy you could be dehydrated. I was dizzy too , I almost passed out in the shower this morning but I caught myself . And so nauseated and dry heaves . You should call your surgeon right away . I am glad I did and soooo hoping I wake up felling better tomorrow after 1 iv if potassium chloride and 1 iv if sodium chloride . If I’m still stuck tomorrow they want to do an upper gi

I’m 6 weeks post op today. I started in size 24/26 and now in 18. My program has my goals set at BMI and I didn’t include it in the picture, but I started at BMI 48, surgery my BMI was 45 and today my BMI is 39.
IMG_2628.JPG.642bf0c2f57a77e4a04e5b84cbade91b.JPG

You look fantastic !