Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October '17 RNY buddies

I am sorry to hear that, I was in the same spot last week , I spent a week without been able to eat or drink anything... I am afraid that you have an stricture.... I had to get a laparoscopic procedure where they inflated the stricture in order to fix it.... The down side in my case was that I paid for my surgery and had to pay for this procedure as well... It is a matter of 15 minutes and you are sedated so no biggie... You should call your doctor.....
I hope you get better....

Thankyou !! I came home and still got sickies after drinking plain Water . But after that I was ok . We shall see in the morning how I feel . If not they want to do an upper gi . I definanately do not want to have to get another procedure like you had to do !! Are you feeling better now ? But I do know that my surgeons office doesn’t charge for something like that . They say it’s all included since I’m still in their care

This is my Journey to Joy !

That’s fortunate that it would be covered. My surgeons office “released me from their care,” at my 3 week Appointment. I was basically told to continue with my NUT appts and refer to my primary for any concerns. Including the open surgical sites... let’s say I wasn’t the most impressed with that portion, prior to that, excellent experience (Mayo Clinic)

9 hours ago, Keenikwe said:

That’s fortunate that it would be covered. My surgeons office “released me from their care,” at my 3 week Appointment. I was basically told to continue with my NUT appts and refer to my primary for any concerns. Including the open surgical sites... let’s say I wasn’t the most impressed with that portion, prior to that, excellent experience (Mayo Clinic)

wow that is so weird I a with my surgeon for life I committed to seeing them at least 3x a year for the first two years then 1x a year after that. That is crazy that they cut you loose so early

Weigh in Wednesday since my next Dr's apt isn't until January I have decided that Wednesdays are my days to check the scale. One of the biggest things I have done for myself is to cut the chain that used to bind me to the scale no more daily weigh ins no more constant worry about being up or being down nope I have decided to have faith in my Dr and my program.

So the good news is I am down another 4 pounds woohooo that makes it 49 pounds down I am so excited!!!!

Hey everyone! I had my 3 week post op check yesterday... my BMI changed from 45 on the day of surgery to 41 yesterday. I’ve lost 24 lbs. 10inches total... so like some from my waist and from my hips... those are really the only measurements I’m worried about at this time... I met with my NUT and she told me to start to eat that extra bite to start the process of stretching my pouch ... that seems so soon and I don’t feel ready to do that yet. She said I should be eating a cup of food around 3 months. I’m eating about 2oz. Per meal. I drink most of my Protein and she gave me the green light to keep doing that.

I do have an open wound still healing. It’s not causing any problems other than what one would expect from having to dress the wound every 8 hours and it gives me pain every so often and i want to itch it, but I refrain from that. If it weren’t for the open wound I’d feel pretty darn good... Also I’ve been waking up on my belly without pain and I’ve been getting good sleep... I’m looking into getting an individual membership to the community center to work out. I usually get a family one but no one comes with me and they don’t have a daycare option ....

Whoooo Hooooo! That sounds great, CONGRATS

5' 5"
HW: 259
CW: 231
GOAL: Healthy

I forget how this is not a once size fits all journey sometimes, and that we all have different programs. I am amazed at the diversity in this field. Medicine is such and interestingly glorious thing. I am at 7 weeks out and I am only allowed to have 1.75 oz per meal (3 meals daily) and then 2 Protein Drinks for Snacks. Oh and I am not allowed to have carbs yet still only animal Protein. I wont get to start adding carbs in until I am at 75% of my weight loss. The goal is for my new tiny stomach to hold about 3-4 oz at a time when this is all said and done. Just incredible

11 hours ago, RobinJoy said:

Thankyou !! I came home and still got sickies after drinking plain Water . But after that I was ok . We shall see in the morning how I feel . If not they want to do an upper gi . I definanately do not want to have to get another procedure like you had to do !! Are you feeling better now ? But I do know that my surgeons office doesn’t charge for something like that . They say it’s all included since I’m still in their care

This is my Journey to Joy !

RIght after I had my sticture fixed, I felt great great again, I waited until next day to start fluids and everything went back to normal..... I am on soft foods again 15 days after the procedure... No big deal, but last night I had a pouch of tuna for the first time since WLS and it upset my stomach... It hurts ... I hope to feel better later today.....

I’m 6 weeks post op and feeling great. Have no issues with any food or dumping. Eat 6 meals a day. Small bites and get full quite fast.im not having any issue getting 80 oz of Water a day. 60 grams of Protein a day and record everything I eat through the app Biactrics as reccomended by my NUT. I am back working out at 5 am every morning like I was prior to my surgery. Best decision in my life to undergo this transformation

HW 431

SW 404

CW 366image.thumb.jpg.50c0befaff8f8e2150448d511524f099.jpg

17283C59-594D-4C9D-9556-84EF30292AA2.jpeg

638625F6-8E0C-40E6-89AB-D0FAE5D72927.jpeg

Amazing job, @Henning!! You can really see it in the pictures :)

I'm a little over 4wks out. I weigh once a week - week to week any variance in normal fluctuations will work themselves out in the grand scheme of things.

So far, I've lost 21 lbs since surgery!

10/27 surgery day: 279.4

11/3 1 week out: 269.8 (-9.6)

11/10 2 weeks out: 266.8 (-3.0)

11/17 3 weeks out: 261.4 (-5.4)

11/24 4 weeks out: 258.4 (-3.0)

From my highest of 300, I'm down 41.6 lbs total. I couldn't be happier with my progress so far. I'm prepared for the inevitable stall, and I know to just keep doing what I'm supposed to be doing, and it'll work itself out. Same here, no regrets on deciding to embark on this journey :)

I’m 6 weeks post op and feeling great. Have no issues with any food or dumping. Eat 6 meals a day. Small bites and get full quite fast.im not having any issue getting 80 oz of Water a day. 60 grams of Protein a day and record everything I eat through the app Biactrics as reccomended by my NUT. I am back working out at 5 am every morning like I was prior to my surgery. Best decision in my life to undergo this transformation
HW 431
SW 404
CW 366image.thumb.jpg.50c0befaff8f8e2150448d511524f099.jpg

17283C59-594D-4C9D-9556-84EF30292AA2.thumb.jpeg.501d5ec46add1434a643da4c35b59068.jpeg
638625F6-8E0C-40E6-89AB-D0FAE5D72927.thumb.jpeg.d09599596c8087a0b1fa34dd9a0ad810.jpeg

Wow 80 oz of water
Congrats on your progress

I’m 6’7” tall so I need lots of Water.

wow that is so weird I a with my surgeon for life I committed to seeing them at least 3x a year for the first two years then 1x a year after that. That is crazy that they cut you loose so early

I’ve committed to “the program,” 3 appointments in the first year and then annual as well, but it’s with the NUT and endocrinology. The surgeon himself would only get back involved if surgery was required. And if I want plastics I’d be referred to their plastics dept. so yea, he’s hands off now. It’s okay, I have a good report with the NUT team and my endocrinologist has good bedside manner... so did the surgeon and his team, but yes! His role is done.

I have been rrelly lucky to be able to consume food and Water without any problems since the surgery and I don’t have any wounds at all now. It has completely healed. Water is not an issue at all and I can drink 5 16 oz bottle per day with ease

I have been rrelly lucky to be able to consume food and Water without any problems since the surgery and I don’t have any wounds at all now. It has completely healed. Water is not an issue at all and I can drink 5 16 oz bottle per day with ease

How long since your surgery? Did you gradually reach that amount , if so how long did it take?