Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any January 2018 Sleevers?

I had surgery Monday, Jan 22nd! So far so good! Although I can feel the Protein Drinks go into my stomach which is an odd sensation and my stomach grumbles a lot.

Hello! I was sleeved 1/22. Feeling really good! I’m getting 2 shakes down a day and drinking Soup. sugar free popsicles are delicious too. Not getting a ton of Water down but the shakes and popsicles count too. I have a little pain when I drink but it’s getting better everyday. I’m drinking Smooth Move tea as I was constipated today and that was horrible. Looking forward to purée next week!

41 minutes ago, marty411 said:

I was sleeved on 1/22 as well. I too am looking forward to purée foods. Can’t get in more than 2 shakes a day. Ordered some Protein Water and unflavoured Protein Powder to add to other drinks. Hope this helps my Protein intake.

What kind of Protein Shakes do you have ? I found EAS Advantage and they have 30gm per shake. I can only do 2 a day as well but it almost gets me to my protein goal. I had my surgery the same day ! I am also looking forward to pureeds :) all the best to you !

11 hours ago, rosemhill said:

Hello! I was sleeved 1/22. Feeling really good! I’m getting 2 shakes down a day and drinking Soup. sugar free popsicles are delicious too. Not getting a ton of Water down but the shakes and popsicles count too. I have a little pain when I drink but it’s getting better everyday. I’m drinking Smooth Move tea as I was constipated today and that was horrible. Looking forward to purée next week!

Sleeved 1/23. Only managed 2 shakes yesterday as well - but the Premier Protein so at least made the minimum of my Protein goal. Switching it up today with Syntrax (23 gm) and maybe some protein Water, but I'm having difficulty getting in the 32-48 oz non protein Fluid my program tells me to get. I figure it's early days, so as long as I can get protein and stay hydrated, I'm doing ok.

Sleeved 1/24 and am doing a good job of 64 oz Water plus 60g Protein. The Premier Protein brand is really the most pleasant, today I get to add 2 shakes a day to Clear Liquids. I’m having some tenderness at one of my incisions but I’m surprising myself with how I’m adjusting. I was severely dehydrated in the hospital so maybe I’m just crazy paranoid about it happening again! On the other hand I took my first dose of Miralax today and pray to straighten out that part of things before work on Monday!

Had sleeve surgery and gallbladder removed on 1/25. Home on 1/26. Lots of pain lower right side of body. Finally able to sleep last night. When did you start losing weight after surgery? I feel heavier than before. Making sure I get in my 64oz if liquids

At 1 week I had lost 10 pounds exactly. I had VSG and hiatal hernia repair. My mom had VSG, GB and hiatal hernia removed 3 months ago and she has lost 42 pounds. It might just be excess fluids from the IV give it a little time and stick to the diet.

HI Tara,
I am doing ok . Honestly, I didn't expect things to be this rough. I am having a hard time drinking as well, I also get that rumbling feeling in my abdomen and chest. I took my antacid this morning it helped a little. I have only been able to get one Protein Shake down last night. I find crystal light works a little better for me. I was also afraid the pain medicine would make me too nauseous and only stump my drinking but I took it last night before bed and it did help a lot with the pain. I hate feeling so week . I have heard that the first week is the roughest and it gets much better from there. I am holding onto that one

I do feel better each day. I'm able to get Protein shake in , Decaf tea, moving better. Still get the rumbling. I've also started my Vitamins. Hope you are well

Has the January group gotten off the ground ? I have no idea why my post was repeatedly posted. I apologize. Think it's the app. Sorry all

On 1/26/2018 at 12:12 PM, lindsayAK said:

I found mine at Sams for the cheapest price. Also heard Walmart carries it which makes sense since they are the same company. You can also find it on Amazon but it is a little pricy. Worth the price though even if you just buy a 12 pack to get you through the first few days.

i love Protein2O. I order it online through Walmart and have it delivered. My local Walmart doesn't carry it. I did find out that my local Rite Aid carries it. Go to their website and enter your zip-code to find the places where you can purchase it locally. My favorites are Mixed berry & Wild Cherry, but they are all good.

http://www.drinkprotein2o.com/