Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any January 2018 Sleevers?

TriniGirl568 you've finally,made it to the first day of the rest of your life. Hugs and prayers for a successful surgery and quick healing. Where are you having it done? Do you have a support network in place? Gosh I'm so excited for you! Please let us know when you wake back up. Remember walk and get your fluids in and you'll be home sooner.

Sent from my VS880PP using BariatricPal mobile app

TriniGirl568 you've finally,made it to the first day of the rest of your life. Hugs and prayers for a successful surgery and quick healing. Where are you having it done? Do you have a support network in place? Gosh I'm so excited for you! Please let us know when you wake back up. Remember walk and get your fluids in and you'll be home sooner.

I’m doing it at Lenox Hill Hospital in nyc. Thank you for your support on here. And I will as soon as I’m functioning well enough to use my phone.

I've heard of Lenox Hill Hospital,on Fox News, i guess a lot of famous important people go there. I would think they also would have an excellent program. I'm going to Columbus (Ohio)Mount Carmel in March for my RnY, don't have a definite date but hope to hear from the surgeon's office this week or next.

HI Tara,

I am doing ok . Honestly, I didn't expect things to be this rough. I am having a hard time drinking as well, I also get that rumbling feeling in my abdomen and chest. I took my antacid this morning it helped a little. I have only been able to get one Protein Shake down last night. I find crystal light works a little better for me. I was also afraid the pain medicine would make me too nauseous and only stump my drinking but I took it last night before bed and it did help a lot with the pain. I hate feeling so week :( . I have heard that the first week is the roughest and it gets much better from there. I am holding onto that one :)

5 hours ago, Tara201 said:

I also went the 22nd. I'm home. Got home Around 4 yesterday. I'm here alone and pretty sore. I'm having trouble with Water and this swirling thing that happens in my abdomen (don't know how to describe it). I'm scared to take the Percocet prescribed for fear of nausea. I'm starting to sip a Protein Shake. I'm on Clear Liquids 1 week the. Regular liquids for. 4. How are you feeling.
Sorry sounds like a ramble
Tara

HI Tara,

I am doing ok . Honestly, I didn't expect things to be this rough. I am having a hard time drinking as well, I also get that rumbling feeling in my abdomen and chest. I took my antacid this morning it helped a little. I have only been able to get one Protein Shake down last night. I find crystal light works a little better for me. I was also afraid the pain medicine would make me too nauseous and only stump my drinking but I took it last night before bed and it did help a lot with the pain. I hate feeling so week :( . I have heard that the first week is the roughest and it gets much better from there. I am holding onto that one :)

Just had my surgery on Monday, January 22nd...everything went wonderful, stayed overnight, went home the next day, felt some pain while home, took a shower the next day, drank lots of liquids, and now I'm home for the 3rd day and I've been staying off the pain meds other than at night. However, still get sharp pains when the liquids go down even with the smallest sips and have a goal doc order of drinking at least 48 ounces. Does everyone have to drink 48oz? I feel like it hurts too much to have that much Fluid in me on a daily basis. Am I wrong? Does everyone meet there liquid goal? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

January 11th here. 2 weeks post op

Home from hospital yesterday after surgery on the 23rd. Spent two nights in and am alone with the dogs today. They don't really understand why they can't jump on my lap. Minimal pain tho I do have a rumbling in my abdomen. Every time I do, I pass gas shortly after, so that's what I figure it is. Sipping very very very slowly or it hurts. I know I didn't get in my Protein goal at hospital or home yesterday. Will try to do better today. I have some protein Water in case the shakes are too much. water does go down better. Most annoying for me is that I have a drain that I have to keep in until my follow-up visit on the 31st. It's not difficult to take care of, but there is some seepage around the connection to my belly which is staining my pjs. And I wasn't expecting so much itching at IV sites. Believe that's the adhesive Just so happy to be home and able to properly care for the skin under my breasts and fat roll - that was getting seriously irritated in the hospital.

Welcome home Miss Topaz, you make me anxious to join you. Still waiting on my surgeons office to call with a definite date but it looks like early-mid March. I read and re-read these postings and feel ready for my day to come. Now you heal, get your fluids and Proteins in and a few months you can be my cheerleader and "root" me on. God Bless.

Had my sleeve on 1/22 Today is day 4 post op. Feeling better. Struggling to meet Protein goal and fluids. Someone mentioned Protein Water. Where do I get it?

I found mine at Sams for the cheapest price. Also heard Walmart carries it which makes sense since they are the same company. You can also find it on Amazon but it is a little pricy. Worth the price though even if you just buy a 12 pack to get you through the first few days.

17 minutes ago, marty411 said:

Had my sleeve on 1/22 Today is day 4 post op. Feeling better. Struggling to meet Protein goal and fluids. Someone mentioned Protein Water. Where do I get it?

I found a few bottles at my local Safeway and another brand at Target. I have seen it at Sam's though, and you should be able to find it at GNC type stores. It's pretty sweet, but taking small sips, that hasn't seemed too bad.