Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Where are my 7/28 sleevers at?

I know there were quite a few of us getting sleeved on the same day so i wanted to check in on you all and see how it went?

Would love to use this thread to thread to document our progress!

I'll start:

SW: 222lbs

Day of surgery: 213lbs

Surgery went well. They fixed a hiatal hernia and sleeved me. Went in at 7:30, woke up first at 10:30, walking by 2pm and out of the hospital by 4:30. They gave dialuds (sp?) for pain management and i was able to get Water and broth in pretty easily.

At home I switched to liquid hydrocodones and they're helping but not a lot. At rest my stomach doesn't really bother me, but when i try to eat something it hurts. Even to drink the medication it feels like i'm in the middle of a gastritis flair up and drank straight citric juice. It burns! But it goes right away too. Anyone experiencing this?

Sorry for any typos. Like I said, liquid hydrocodones

Mine was on the 26th and I'm going through the same things as you. My doc fixed my hernia as well. I can't wait for the pain to go away. I have a cold and every time I cough my stomach feels like it will explode. Also, all the weight i lost during my preop liquid diet i gained right back in the hospital. Did you have a problem with Water weight?

• I was Sleeved on July 26th and was discharged the following day. At 3 days post-op I still can't drink much. The pain and nausea is gone, but I'm still sore around the incisions. It's a challenge trying to take the Vitamins and drink the required liquids (64oz). It's still soon so I'm hoping it'll get better. We have just got to hang in there.

I haven't weighed myself yet since being back from the hospital b/c I'm so bloated and my belly feels so huge. They told me at the hospital that they had given me more IV than needed because they assumed I wouldnt be able to get all my fluids in at first. (They were right, i feel like ive been drinking pretty often but am still at half of my liquid requirement).@QueenCity, I wouldnt worry about the weight gain. I'm sure they did something similar to you and you'll drop it in no time.

I was able to go #2 twice already today, which I think is a good thing given that my doc was worried about Constipation. It helped with the bloating, but i still can't for the life of me burp or pass gas. I never wanted to so bad in my life!! Lol

I also have this weird "depression" in my belly right around the belly button incision (photo attached). It looks bigger in person. It wasn't there before surgery and it's freaking me out that it will stay this way (the nurse assured me it wouldnt). Have any of you experienced similar?

IMG_7337.JPG

@GABBEE I haven't noticed any indenting in my belly. I wouldn't worry about it unless it is causing pain. And as far as the Water weight, I sure hope it drops off fast because so far I've only lost 1lb of it :-(

Yeah im still scared of weighing myself. Think I'll wait til i feel less bloated.
@dimples58 how are you doing? Im entering day 3 so hoping the internal stomach pain goes away today. It feels like there's so much activity going on in there, my stomach's noise woke me up 2 in the night! [emoji15] hopefully it's just working to heal itself.

Best wishes to all of you!

Sleeved 7/28 and slowly feeling more human :) man, I woke up in the PACU so nauseous and it lasted until last night. Thankfully as I was able to keep things down it started to feel a bit better. Oddly, I woke up today feeling like I had a hangover.

I am sooo looking forward to having a BM soon, I think it's adding to my nausea. I am going to take MoM this morning (doc said MoM 2x a day to help with passing #2 - after a few days of not going).

I slowly feeling more human but not there yet...

Hope you all are doing great!

Yess, milk of magnesia is going to take care of that for you, i have found that a single dosage sends me running to the potty within a few hours and I dont have to take the second one of the day. Fingers crossed for you!!

1 hour ago, Gabbee said:

Fingers crossed for you!!

I am crossing everything for that one!!! I think once I let some of this out, I won't feel so damn sea sick! Im glad you seem to be doing so well :)

-Allison