Old veteran, getting back on track

18 posts in this topic

I had my sleeve surgery in October 2014. I went from 215 to 169. I am now up to 198. I would like to lose that 65% at least which is 151. My goal weight is 135 pounds. I am just praying I can stay on track. What an emotional journey! I am back on shakes and One meal a day.

How long did your surgeon tell you to be on the 4-5 shakes a day, sf yogurt, pudding, Jello, broth and one meal a day of your choice.
I too am trying to get back on track from gaining 50 pounds. I am going to try this starting today. Also I am going back to 800 calories a day. Thanks

I was never told to be on 4-5 shakes a day. I had a terrible dietician from the very beginning almost 3 years ago. I needed to have been in a group to help me stay on track. I need to be monitored while I do this! I honestly am getting a complex! Why can't I succeed in something I want desperately! I have a medical condition. I have MS so I use a walker or cane most of the time! Let's buddy up on this journey! I'm in Texas. My name is Ginny...

That was my pre op diet and I did it for only a few weeks to shrink my liver. The point this time is to get my restriction back.

On 8/2/2017 at 4:05 AM, gmanbat said:

8 pounds down, 36 to go

@gmanbat

how have things been going these past 10 days??

keep your spirits UP

while your weight goes DOWN!

good luck:rolleyes:

kathy

gmanbat likes this 1 Like this

Hi all, just checking in. I had a rough week. My job has been switching back and forth between daytime management and night time management. I'm beat. I have really had a tough time getting good restful sleep and I know that it's taking a toll on me.

Hoping everyone is doing well.

On August 12, 2017 at 11:22 PM, proudgrammy said:

@gmanbat

how have things been going these past 10 days??

keep your spirits UP

while your weight goes DOWN!

good luck:rolleyes:

kathy

I am doing well. I had a VERY exhausting day last week helping my wife do a quick but thorough clean up on a rental property, (not ours). I had cramps well into midnight afterwards, drank much pickle juice. That day I ate all I could get down. Otherwise, I am still hearing my sleeve and eating Protein first.

I am in good spirits, I KNOW I will make it back down to goal. It is the same feeling I had when I first lost the weight, the enemy is on the run, I am chasing him down and killing him off....😬😀

I have GREAT NEWS!!! Even though I haven't had much success in the way of actual LOSS, I have gotten my job sorted out and will be going back to a solid predictable schedule. I know this will help a lot. The only disruption to my schedule will be my weekends, about every 4 weeks I'll work a full night/weekend shift.

My shift will also allow me to get a solid 7 hours of sleep most nights and leave room in my day for a cat nap if necessary. It will also give me a time frame to allow for the gym or the Y. Now it's all up to me to actually MAKE all of this happen, and to get my eating back on track. I know this probably seems like small potatoes, but considering the work schedule I've had for the last few months, this is a dream come true for me.