Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I won't follow the herd any more...

I just think you guys go a little overboard at times with blaming him for the ill's of the OH board. Sandy has posted on that board that she does not believe I am a cancer researcher. Do I care? Hell no. I have publications and she does not. I have a job doing what I say I do (that I really need to be posting data for now instead of writing this) and she does not. There is nothing that Sandy can say to me that will affect the way I feel about myself. I am responsible for me. There comes a time when you just have to quit blaming your problems on others.

#1 I am NOT "you guys". I am just me.

#2 I referred to ONE person, who gave me the ONE reason she left the board. In no way did I make this all-encompassing. Just someone going through a rough time who needed our support.

#3 I could have sworn somebody over here told me this was a caring, supportive group of people. So far I have seen little of that - please show me that the pack mentality doesn't exist over here.

#3 I could have sworn somebody over here told me this was a caring, supportive group of people. So far I have seen little of that - please show me that the pack mentality doesn't exist over here. _________________

Are you kidding me! I usually don't get involved in this crap. Actually I never do. But come on now. You did not come to this site to meet supportive, caring people. You came here for exactly what your getting and the only reason your still here is because you are enjoying it. If you wanted to find support here you would have. This board DOES NOT have a pack mentality, but your doing your best to change that aren't you!

#3 I could have sworn somebody over here told me this was a caring, supportive group of people. So far I have seen little of that - please show me that the pack mentality doesn't exist over here. _________________

Are you kidding me! I usually don't get involved in this crap. Actually I never do. But come on now. You did not come to this site to meet supportive, caring people. You came here for exactly what your getting and the only reason your still here is because you are enjoying it. If you wanted to find support here you would have. This board DOES NOT have a pack mentality, but your doing your best to change that aren't you!

You are so wrong in that. I came over here because I've been told that this is a lively and fun place to get support. I just happen to overall enjoy the R&R forum the most - I mean - who wouldn't? This is a unique group of people. I also know a few of the people here and have great respect for them - they no longer post on OH and I'd like to stay in touch. I don't want to change anything or anybody - I just don't want to be lumped in with the herd. It works both ways.

So you admit that you are having fun here. Good. Keep doing what your doing and have a blast. But don't say that people are not caring and supportive here. It's just not true. You get back what you put out.

So you admit that you are having fun here. Good. Keep doing what your doing and have a blast. But don't say that people are not caring and supportive here. It's just not true. You get back what you put out.

Like I said, I just want to NOT be lumped in with a group that gets so much abuse. You can't expect me to just sit idly by and be pointed out as part of the herd, any herd. This is a great forum and I'd like to enjoy it without having to love everybody, or renounce anybody.

<sigh> I knew that...

It wasn't you that I was concerned about! I was afraid Chickatee would get the wrong impression because you and I were posting at the same time.

Chickatee- You are sooo welcome!

It's time for clarification.

Wendell did share your email with me, just as you guys share emails and PMs (I know you guys have shared my PMs, someone was forwarding them to me as they were flying around from one mailbox to another until I finally said enough, I didn't want to see my own PMs anymore. Considering I wrote them I knew full well what was written and those I didn't write I didn't care about anyway). I asked him if he was going to respond, he said no. I said I would, I suggested he email you and give you my email address. I'd be happy to share it with you. It's all public info anyway, it's no big deal. The licensing issues in multi states, the mug shot, the arrest records, the various laws especially in OR about current actions... all public info.

He said if I wanted to respond to you that I was free to do so. After thinking about it I decided probably wouldn't serve a purpose anyway. I asked Lauren if she wanted to. She said no.

*I* am the one that made a mistake here. I am the one that was under the impression Wendell didn't care who provided you with the info you were looking for. I should have clarified that first and I did not do that. I really didn't know how sincere you were in requesting the info and I decided that it would really be a waste of time as I had already given someone else the info to find it for herself. I never gave her links, I gave her the info so she could find it for herself. That way there was no question if I was making all this up or if the public info is actually there and available for all to see. And obtain copies of, I might add.

That is what happened.

Not the least bit different from what you guys did and quite often, I might add.

Your claim about OH having a "pack mentality" and LBT not having one is getting weak. You 3 needed to discuss whether or not to respond to private mail I sent to Wendell???? Think about that one.

Again, and I am sorry if I keep repeating myself (is anyone listening?), I am not "you guys" or "them". I am not OH. Quit lumping me in with people who you think I belong with. I have never seen a PM from any of you in question. Not sure who's passing junk around, but I haven't seen it.

Do you honestly expect us to believe that y'all weren't passing PMs and emails around like candy? Seriously? Enough has been said here and at OH that we all know that isn't true. I am getting sick and tired of the "poor Sandy" routine that you guys have going. We're supposed to believe that Wendell is the root of all evil, apparently. Give me a fucking break. While none of us here have pretended that Wendell was an angel, he certainly didn't force Sandy to act the way she did and he didn't force you guys to act the way you did. And while I can understand not wanting to admit just how bad Sandy's actions were (after all, she pretended to be your friend, I guess), I can't understand the focus that you guys seem to have on believing that Wendell forced her into anything. Guess what? She is an adult. She could have put him on "block" on OH, and so could you guys. So what that he posted about Protein Shakes? Who cares? If you don't like to read someone's posts, DON'T.

It doesnt matter what anyone writes because you continue to say the same things over and over again.

1.I have written I do believe Sandy is responsible for her side of things.

2.I have never said nor do I believe Wendell forced Sandy to do anything...I do believe he egged her on ...on purpose, which he told me.

3.Several of you brought up the Protein Shake debate....I posted clearly on that subject. You want to blame the whole OH board for that and say, 'so what that Wendell posted daily on the subject". That wont work as his actions affected the entire board, not just Sandy who he was aiming at. It does matter what he did and as Sandy has responsibility so does Wendell.

4. You admit Laurend that you dont care what way you say things on the internet or give a damn about others. So why should I try to reason with you? Or even say what I am feeling? R&R is only a good thing when both parties can converse and expect to at least be heard and treated with some respect (if that respect is only in acknowledging what the other person said). You by your own admission dont feel this responsibility toward others. You are not listening either...you are truly a ranter and raver...which you were on OH, without the section.

5. You all keep denying the pack mentality...its really a denial that runs deep isnt it? I havent seen anything different in several of yours and others actions that you all are claiming you hate to see on OH.

6. I dont like Wendell, so what? I have my reasons because of direct contact with him. If I were to tell you them you would just defend him like you say I blindly defend Sandy. So we are at an impass are we not? I thought for a moment we were making progress in explaining why we feel the way that we do..and at least agree to disagree. Boy am I naive. Thats not the purpose here is it? Especially by you.

7. On OH I only saw you respond to the "controversial" threads or say something to complain about others. Thats o.k. if that works for you. But in my mind it also hurts your credibility on any subject.

8. Now I know you can dish it out, and because of knowing your history and by your own comments..I dont expect you to be able to take it.

Isnt it amazing that these two individuals and how others feel about them or are perceived to feel about them is causing all these rifts? There are a couple of you that I would like to get to know better, probably not in R&R, (is that only where most of you hang out?..that would be very telling to me). I dont mind a good blunt tour de force converstation, but I also would want to build a friendship. (why else invest time?) I dont believe constantly being on a negative subject and using that as the glue..really is the basis for any friendship, a pack yes, but not a friendship.

There are a few that just have posted mockingly and on a 8th grade jeering level on this topic. Well, o.k. then.....

You are so wrong in that. I came over here because I've been told that this is a lively and fun place to get support. I just happen to overall enjoy the R&R forum the most - I mean - who wouldn't? This is a unique group of people. I also know a few of the people here and have great respect for them - they no longer post on OH and I'd like to stay in touch. I don't want to change anything or anybody - I just don't want to be lumped in with the herd. It works both ways.

So you just decided to come to LBT cuz it's a fun place and serendipitously there was a post about imposters on R&R followed by Laurens other thread? Wow what are the odds of that?

I think it's been made pretty clear that this thread is R&R and debate happens here. There is tons of support and great info on LBT but a thread called Rants and Raves is probably not the first place to look for it. I think you, Nancy and LaraNicole came to this forum and R&R looking for exactly what you found. I invited Work because I like her and I wanted her to know the truth about Sandy.

So you just decided to come to LBT cuz it's a fun place and serendipitously there was a post about imposters on R&R followed by Laurens other thread? Wow what are the odds of that? I think it's been made pretty clear that this thread is R&R and debate happens here. There is tons of support and great info on LBT but a thread called Rants and Raves is probably not the first place to look for it. I think you, Nancy and LaraNicole came to this forum and R&R looking for exactly what you found. I invited Work because I like her and I wanted her to know the truth about Sandy.
Rants and Raves seems to be where the most entertaining posts are, and I mean that seriously. I just want to move forward from all the Sandy talk. I don't CARE anymore about what happened before. I just want to be able to actively participate in LBT, not just the R&R section. This is a huge place with many interests. Why do you continue to push? Is it so that I will leave? If that is it, just say so. And thanks for inviting Work - she is an amazing person in real life too. I promise I can be a nice person.

Just a suggestion, not moderation - why not just let it go? People have had their say. Everyone wants to "move on". That's not going to happen as long as this stuff continues.