Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I won't follow the herd any more...

I never stated that your posts annoy me. I have never blocked anyone and don't plan on starting now. Unlike some people, I feel that we all have a right to say what we want as many times as we want to. I did not state that you were a &^%$ now. I gave my opionion from when I joined the board six months ago. Over that time, I have asked you to be on my friend's list because of what you've accomplished with your band. I even stated on my thread to screw the folks that talk about a clique. I have stated all along that I am an impartial member on both boards. If people don't think that they can posts on a public forum because they don't know folks, that's THEIR problem. You have a different history with Wendell. I have a different history with Sandy. Sandy should never have reached out to me involving Wendell. Everyone did have positive things to say about your posts and I was not disturbed by it. What sane person would be? Believe me, I didn't have to play sane on my psych eval for surgery. We have disagreed before and we disagree now. I don't have a problem with it. Do you?

No problems..I actually apologize if I jumped in defensively. I like people to speak their minds...When I read your post...I did assume you tone was a negative one..(the disadvantage of a written medium). Your view of the situation is based on your history with Sandy and my view is of my history of Wendell....good point. I didnt have to take a psych eval to get my band....wonder if I would have passed?

I think you miss my point here. This isn't a post about Protein Shakes. It's a post about someone not getting hammered because they are a part of a particular group. Had a newbie come on that board and admitted to regaining some of her weight and mentioned drinking a Protein Shake every morning people would have been all over her with comments about it. But this wasn't a newbie therefore it appeared, to me at least, as though she was protected from ridicule because of her alliance.

You're missing my point. I am not part of a particular group. I had my Protein Drink opinions years before I ever joined OH. But I'm only speaking for myself.

I just remembered. One time someone on OH asked why wasn't there a separate forum for debate. They were told that there used to be one, but folks didn't use it. If a newbie on there stumbled upon that board (an R&R) by accident, at least they would know what to expect. It was a great day when I discoved R&R on LBT.

(emphasis my own)

This is a pretty good example of one of the problems I have with the Wendell bashing. Okay, I'll grant you that he likely did things to annoy Sandy on purpose, she did the same to him. BUT... it takes two to cause that kind of an uproar to the point of lowering morale. Yet according to the way I'm reading your statement it was Wendell that caused the lower morale, just Wendell.

Sandy played a huge role in this as well, why aren't they both blamed for the problem of morale?

You know, it really makes me angry when I see someone write that their doc supports Protein Shakes and Sandy all but tells them their doc is wrong and she is right. Protein shakes work for many of us, me included! I understand her point, liquid calories. But if someone is using them in place of a meal vs. in addition to a meal, AND if they are good to go for a few hours then what's the big deal? What is her huge issue with them? So they don't work for her, then she shouldn't drink them. But they work quite well for others.

I absolutely hate it when she downs someone's doctor because something didn't work for her. She is one person, a unique individual just like the rest of us.

She'll post a study and then claim MOST doctors agree with the study. Once again I'd have to ask, says who? Who says MOST doctors agree with her study? She makes that stuff up to defend her stance on an issue. Those kinds of behaviors annoy the crap out of people and they start getting tired of the behaviors and the attacks and they respond in kind.

Please understand, I'm not asking you specifically to answer the above questions, they are just issues I personally have with Sandy regarding her studies and big claims.

My real point here is that they were both going at one another on a constant basis yet it is ALL Wendell, everything that happened was Wendell's fault, all controversy was Wendell, all Sandy's reactions and fights are Wendell's fault. When does Sandy start becoming responsible for her half of these issues? You can't tell me she did nothing to egg him on, yet we don't hear about that. Just what Wendell did.

Fair is fair, let's put the blame where it belongs, both of them and not just one person.

Isnt it funny how you can type and type and actually agree on certain things..but not get that across?

The reason I believe that Wendell has more responsibility in the Protein Shake debate is because he posted often if not daily telling people that it works wonders for him, and then saying dont follow my advice..what the hell is that about?

You are right that it takes two people to have this argument go on and on..so Sandy has some responsibility too. No question of that. But I didnt see her post daily...she didnt even answer his stuff most of the time..I believe Wendell told me that she couldnt because he got the moderators involved and they authorized her to stay away from him and his threads.

I also absolutely agree that anyone who disagrees with somone elses doctor is wrong. That is a boundry that should not be crossed. If something goes wrong then there is culpability on that person. I personally couldnt live with myself....but thats me.

I loved your post!

I don't visit OH much anymore (for reasons you've mentioned) I dont' actually post anywhere for that matter, but thought I could chime in here with a thought....

About saying anything negative against Sandy. I don't often agree with her. She claims to know my Surgeon and claims to have worked with him before, but he doesn't know who she is and her 'advice' is very often opposite of his directives. When I've said things about her lack of license or when she has said things that my Dr believe to be dangerous.. my posts were "moderated" which leaves me to believe she is a moderator over at OH. This is why I think you don't see many posts disagreeing with her. I don't think they are allowed to remain on the board. Sad.

I loved your post!

I don't visit OH much anymore (for reasons you've mentioned) I dont' actually post anywhere for that matter, but thought I could chime in here with a thought....

About saying anything negative against Sandy. I don't often agree with her. She claims to know my Surgeon and claims to have worked with him before, but he doesn't know who she is and her 'advice' is very often opposite of his directives. When I've said things about her lack of license or when she has said things that my Dr believe to be dangerous.. my posts were "moderated" which leaves me to believe she is a moderator over at OH. This is why I think you don't see many posts disagreeing with her. I don't think they are allowed to remain on the board. Sad.

I remember you...you should come back! I have had my own run ins with the moderators so trust me I know the frustration and I dont think you will find many OH regulars who havent.

She is *not* the person I was referring to, btw, just someone who is very special.

I think I know who you were referring to earlier and I found that person to be just as nasty as Sandy. Like Sandy she made statements that were not backed up by any data so I never took her seriously. Unless she was quoting Jessie Ahroni which is where her saying "just because you can doesn't mean you should" actually came from.

"Team Wendell" LoL..!!

I think it's sad the way he's treated there (OH). I don't follow a lot of what he says - we have the same surgeon, which is why I felt a kind of kinship with him, but some of his postings don't jive with what I was taught. I just figure that we each have our own thing going on and maybe he has different needs or something. Dunno. He has a REALLY dry sense of humor and there are some overly sensitive people over there. The two things get going to create a bad scene. I guess I could be touted to be on "Team Wendell" too, but I'm not so much that as I am sad about the way people get going on and on about how evil he is. I guess there are a lot of things that happen of the board which I don't know about and I'm sure it makes me look naive, now that I think about it. Weird how that is allowed to happen - threads up to 70 or 80 posts - but say one thing disagreeing with Sandy and the post or the thread is eliminated from the board.

Have a great day!!

I loved your post!

I have a hunch most would agree that OH moderators are a big cause of the problems on OH. They really are horrible.

But on the bright side, ours are GREAT!

I have a hunch most would agree that OH moderators are a big cause of the problems on OH. They really are horrible.

But on the bright side, ours are GREAT!

OH doesn't really have moderators. I volunteered my services at no cost, and was politely declined as not needed.

OH doesn't really have moderators. I volunteered my services at no cost, and was politely declined as not needed.

Dee once told Vicki that Amy offered her a position as a moderator on OH but she turned it down. Can you imagine Dee as a moderator.......

Dee once told Vicki that Amy offered her a position as a moderator on OH but she turned it down. Can you imagine Dee as a moderator.......

Oh man, my band is way too tight to handle that thought!

I'm only just now reading this whole thread.. I agree, though. You were AWESOME to have put that pm up. It sent me to my surgeon's office to clear things up. They don't know this Sandy person other than the weird sh*t that comes in by patients asking about her. Not a pleasant thing. Not pleasant at all.

Thank you!

Can you imagine Dee turning down such an offer?

Dee made a lot of claims about Amy. Said they were good friends, they chatted all the time, Dee could get by with anything because they were friends, could get posts/threads deleted... when push came to shove the threads she wanted to disappear the most are still there AND Dee got herself moderated by Amy.

Needless to say, Dee was pretty miffed at Amy.

Funny how friends moderate one another. :eek: