Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Fathead Pizza/Crackers anyone?

I wasn't aware of that. I'll have to research that some more.

I'm not seeing a ton about swelling, although there are some Sites that mention it (and "bloating"). Mostly almond flour is presented as an alternative to gluten to AVOID the swelling.

However in my research I came across this:

http://www.primallyinspired.com/problems-almond-flour/

Seems like there are some other issues. Many are suggesting coconut flour (which is listed as an alternative in the recipe) is healthier.

Edited by gwbicster

I don't know anything about kinds of flours all I know is I can't have any until August 12! And it was the sane post op diet when I was sleeved. Checkbiut Siete tortillas. I have some in the freezer for after the 12th. They are also supposed to be good as pizza crusts as well as tacos. I also have Venice Bakery pizza crusts in the freezer. They are gluten free but they are really good! They sell both at Whole Foods!

I decided that I'm going to attempt to satisfy this craving today by making a small portion of pepperoni and mozzarella cheese with some sauce- without any "crust". I'm still curious about the almond crust but I'm going to hold off until I can do some more research and ask my surgeon about almond flour. I'm thinking/hoping that the craving is more for pizza toppings than a "crust", and that this will satisfy it.

The more I read about heating almond products the more concerned I get. I was initially enthused by the "no carb" qualities but I am starting to realize that I may end up doing more harm than good.

1 hour ago, gwbicster said:

I decided that I'm going to attempt to satisfy this craving today by making a small portion of pepperoni and mozzarella cheese with some sauce- without any "crust". I'm still curious about the almond crust but I'm going to hold off until I can do some more research and ask my surgeon about almond flour. I'm thinking/hoping that the craving is more for pizza toppings than a "crust", and that this will satisfy it.

The more I read about heating almond products the more concerned I get. I was initially enthused by the "no carb" qualities but I am starting to realize that I may end up doing more harm than good.

that is a great idea. Take a piece of pepperoni and a litttle pizza sauce, and some mozarella and stick it under the broiler. Also have you ever heard of emilybites.com? She makes all kinds of wonton cups for pizza, cheeseburgers, lasagna, tacos, etc. they are all so good. With a couple pounds of ground beef you can make a variety and they freeze well. I am ready to make my batch as soon as I can have the won ton wrappers.

I'll check it out! I just had the "pizza" it was delicious- I could only eat a little more than an ounce- I used the microwave.

37 minutes ago, gwbicster said:

I'll check it out! I just had the "pizza" it was delicious- I could only eat a little more than an ounce- I used the microwave.

But see you took care of your cravings! You will love the emilybites wonton cups cuz they taste exactly like what you are craving. I have also made a patty melt version!

5 hours ago, gwbicster said:

I have actually seen a receipe where they literally make "pizza" in a frying pan with just cheese and ham or pepperoni. I think I will wait on the Fathead until I'm closer to goal. I have not been doing well this past month with calories. No need to add to it. I did find some Whisps at costco today, they are pretty good.

Thanks for all of the responses you guys, I haven't been getting any notifications. Lol, I would have come back sooner.

Yes, just made the skillet pizza for the first time 30 mins ago. I've seen the videos also. It was easy, quick and had the crunch I have been missing w/o the carbs. Google the videos and when you are ready, I don't think you will be disappointed.

1 hour ago, IveGotThePower said:

Yes, just made the skillet pizza for the first time 30 mins ago. I've seen the videos also. It was easy, quick and had the crunch I have been missing w/o the carbs. Google the videos and when you are ready, I don't think you will be disappointed.

This sounds goid. I also discovered on Instagram last night the Real Good pizza. The crust is parmesan and chicken and completely grain free. Low in carbs 4g for half of the small pizza and also half has 25g of protein! I just picked up a couple at Ralphs. All of the Kroger based stores are

supposed to sell them. Is the youtube called Skillet Pizza or what?

Edited by SleeveDreamer

This is one of the posts that I like.

27 minutes ago, IveGotThePower said:

This is one of the posts that I like.

Thanks!

@gwbicster here is the pizza I found on Instagram last night. Half has 25g Protein and only 4g carbs. Crust is parmesan cheese and chicken! I found it at Ralphs all Kroger stores should have them according to their site. This tastes soooo good!

IMG_1690.JPG

Edited by SleeveDreamer

Wow. Thanks.

Have you tried the Real Good pizza? I have made my own chicken crust pizza and it was pretty good. I almost bought these, but waiting for reviews.