Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

6 months in the hospital

GoFundMe isn't going to pay attention to a campaign that has only raised $125. They only fact check when it is thousands.
If she wrote here what she wrote on GoFundMe, maybe people would have been more sympathetic. She came here like a crazed treasure troll.
It could still all be a scam and she came here hoping to garner sympathy and get donations, but when people were not receptive to her story she abandoned it and went full nuke.
Even considering her story is true. Of course the people in the hospital being treated for complications, well have complications and are miserable. She isn't talking to healthy people. So that is like going to a homeless shelter to look for a hedge fund manager.

I didn't see how much she collected.
She definitely went guns blazing when people didn't respond how she wanted!
That's exactly what I was getting at with her "research". What did she expect to find at a hospital? Confirmation bias.

On 11.7.2017 at 5:04 PM, bayougirlmrsc said:

Yes, there have been cases where the DR messed up and caused some terrible issues (very few)..... But, what i see more is people having any of the WLS and going home, starving and eating. This is the #1 problem... people thinking that they can eat normal food like burgers the next day....... UHHHH NOOOOO this is why there are guidelines and rules to follow.

My guess, your BIL (not knowing the whole story) did just that... causing the stomach to rupture and leak. Because i know of not 1 person that ever left the hospital with out doing a swallow test to make sure everything was working right.

Aside from the OPs story (obviously she's a fraud). These lines rub me a bit the wrong way.

Anastomoses are insufficient for a couple of reasons and sleeves leak for a couple of reasons, not only the surgeon messing around or the patient stuffing his face.

Regarding the swallow test: there are many hospitals here that don't do these test before discharging patients. They perform the intraoperative leak tests of course. They only do the swallow tests when they have reason to believe there might be a leak or insufficient anastomosis. However, patients are often routinely discharged on the 5th p.o. day and not the day after surgery and only if they feel fine and can drink a reasonable amount of liquids and labs are ok (e. g. no parameters that show inflammation).

I am working with Dr. Bass here in Florida, and I have had no issues.....Also have had two spinal fusion surgery IN Florida....no issues.

34 minutes ago, Geri Marie said:

I am working with Dr. Bass here in Florida, and I have had no issues.....Also have had two spinal fusion surgery IN Florida....no issues.

Hi Geri Marie,

Was it hard recuperating from the spinal fusion? How was the process? I'm starting to feel "pops" in my lower back and I'm hoping as I lose weight it will let up.

It has been a process but my neurologist is great. And I can def. Tell a difference. So glad I did it. Which is why I want to get the sleeve so o can enjoy it. I know losing 100 Lbs will help my overall health.

Sent from my SM-G935P using BariatricPal mobile app

On 8/3/2017 at 10:14 PM, Debedeb said:

Tell this troll the backup that we're trolls. the concern person related to a patient and many people that I'm researching who are unhappy with the surgery. People who have eaten and their stomach burst open, people who have died from septic infections , some people who have lost half a lung due to leaks, should I go on? because I could go on forever and ever and ever with a complaints of this surgery. And the number one complaint is they don't have energy and life is not worth living after the surgery . Quality of life is gone . If you survive it You always got a troll out there trying to sell stuff for money your life don't matter to them

you voted for Trump, didn't you?

18 hours ago, JohnnyCakes said:

you voted for Trump, didn't you?

This sir, made my morning! LOL :D