Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

3 weeks to the day, and feeling HUGE REGRETS!

21 hours ago, Monkeyfulbrighter said:

This weekend I'm resolved to join a gym.

Pretty sure this is the worst idea I've read on this board. (Timing-wise anyway).

I was gonna say you probably need to go to the hospital for some IV fluids.

The gym should be reserved for people that are (and have been) meeting their Fluid, Protein, Vitamin, and calorie requirements for several weeks straight. In my opinion, people that are eating less than 1200 calories have no business in the gym. (There are plenty of people on this board that will disagree with me).

Walking around air-conditioned malls and grocery stores is a *free* way of getting comfortable exercise. Leave your money at home if you're worried about spending too much. House cleaning can also be a decent workout, and you'll get a clean place, to boot! At least around my place, there is always a project that can be tackled.

Even if you don't believe me, be sure to ask your surgeon about whether to join a gym. Their advice is always more important than random strangers' on the internet, anyway.

The early weeks post-op are the hardest part of the journey, in my opinion. That's why every time there is one of the "when should I go back to work" posts, I advise people to take as much time off as their personal, financial, and work situations will allow. When you are relying on liquids and mush for any nutrition, it is hard physically and emotionally.

It does get better, and in my case, it got better fast. I took 6 weeks off of work, and that allowed me to progress through the food stages with a little more ease. I can say right now, that had I had to deal with all the corporate drama that my work brings, I would have been depressed. It would have been next to impossible to work and be successful with everything (work and diet).

The other thing that people have to accept is that what is "normal" will change -- even months and years post-op. That old life and way of eating is gone, and, frankly, it should be gone. That's what led to obesity in the first place. That's why changing the relationship with food is the real key to this journey -- not the surgery itself.

I'm 9 months post-op. I've lost 205 pounds. I am 8 pounds from a "normal" BMI and 12 pounds from goal. I feel and look better than I ever have in my adult life. Life is wonderful, and having this surgery was the absolute right decision.

The early weeks post-op are the hardest part of the journey, in my opinion. That's why every time there is one of the "when should I go back to work" posts, I advise people to take as much time off as their personal, financial, and work situations will allow. When you are relying on liquids and mush for any nutrition, it is hard physically and emotionally.
It does get better, and in my case, it got better fast. I took 6 weeks off of work, and that allowed me to progress through the food stages with a little more ease. I can say right now, that had I had to deal with all the corporate drama that my work brings, I would have been depressed. It would have been next to impossible to work and be successful with everything (work and diet).
The other thing that people have to accept is that what is "normal" will change -- even months and years post-op. That old life and way of eating is gone, and, frankly, it should be gone. That's what led to obesity in the first place. That's why changing the relationship with food is the real key to this journey -- not the surgery itself.
I'm 9 months post-op. I've lost 205 pounds. I am 8 pounds from a "normal" BMI and 12 pounds from goal. I feel and look better than I ever have in my adult life. Life is wonderful, and having this surgery was the absolute right decision.

Congratulations! That is awesome! I am only 3.5 weeks out, I have had a lot of trouble eating and at times, drinking. I think I was put on meats and food too soon (6days post op) so I decided to go back to soft foods for awhile, I hope.it helps!!!

Sent from my SM-G930T using BariatricPal mobile app

On 7/6/2017 at 4:00 PM, char3672 said:

How far out were you when you felt "normal"? I keep hearing after week 3 it gets MUCH better.

I felt normal about 6 weeks out. Each week got better. It was slowly changing. My energy was slowly increasing but it was getting there. Now I feel normal most of the time. I have days were I am out of it or extremely exhausted. I just try to relax and do as much as I can.

I felt normal about 6 weeks out. Each week got better. It was slowly changing. My energy was slowly increasing but it was getting there. Now I feel normal most of the time. I have days were I am out of it or extremely exhausted. I just try to relax and do as much as I can.

Thank you. I will be almost 6 weeks out when I go on vacation, so I'm hoping I feel good. I feel much better today sticking to softer foods and no meat! I'm going to see if I can get down a Protein Shake tomorrow.

It's normal for some yes, some days were better for me then others, the fatigue was the worse and Water nausea.(for 8 weeks)I'm almost 4 months post op, and I feel completely normal. No deprevation or fatigue. You'll get there !! Hang in there!

It's normal for some yes, some days were better for me then others, the fatigue was the worse and Water nausea.(for 8 weeks)I'm almost 4 months post op, and I feel completely normal. No deprevation or fatigue. You'll get there !! Hang in there!

Thank you. It really does help when I know that there is a light at the end of the tunnel. I hope it starts getting better soon.

Thank you. It really does help when I know that there is a light at the end of the tunnel. I hope it starts getting better soon.