Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Do You Agree With Brad ??

I think if people live good lives - and by that I dont mean as laid down by a codex somwhere - just plain old fashioned looking out for other people, respecting others, trying not to hurt anyone etc etc, then all of us would get on a lot better.

I have friends of every colour and religious belief system, and I know total ass**les of every colour a belief system, people are people, the rest of it is just window dressing over their true personality.

Nina x

So many who follow Christianity don't follow the laws of Christ, so in my heart it makes the whole religion come off as hypocritical. I believe that you should treat others as you would love to be treated... And don't judge a soul. What others do or believe in is none of my concern.

So many who follow Christianity don't follow the laws of Christ, so in my heart it makes the whole religion come off as hypocritical. I believe that you should treat others as you would love to be treated... And don't judge a soul. What others do or believe in is none of my concern.

I sincerely wish more folks felt like you.

This is how I feel about your post...

How do we know if "many" who follow Christianity don't follow the laws of Christ? we are really not inside people's hearts, so that would be heart to determine, even though I agree that I'm sure there are people from every religion that don't follow the rules...

I, as a Christian, following the rules the best I can and far from perfect, because I'm NOT perfect, I DON"T judge anybody and dislike those who judge others, who are we to judge? I try to treat others the way I would like to be treated, I don't intentionally hurt others and if I realize that I did, I would definitely apologize, and I don't try to convince anybody to become religious and I also have Christian friends and from different religions and frankly I have never seen one trying to convert others, so even though you and I may differ about Christianity, obviously agree with the rest.

Elena

This is how I feel about your post...

How do we know if "many" who follow Christianity don't follow the laws of Christ? we are really not inside people's hearts, so that would be heart to determine, even though I agree that I'm sure there are people from every religion that don't follow the rules...

I, as a Christian, following the rules the best I can and far from perfect, because I'm NOT perfect, I DON"T judge anybody and dislike those who judge others, who are we to judge? I try to treat others the way I would like to be treated, I don't intentionally hurt others and if I realize that I did, I would definitely apologize, and I don't try to convince anybody to become religious and I also have Christian friends and from different religions and frankly I have never seen one trying to convert others, so even though you and I may differ about Christianity, obviously agree with the rest.

Elena

Elena, I know first hand that A LOT of Christians don't follow the laws of Christ..many do not love thy neighbor.

Elena, I know first hand that A LOT of Christians don't follow the laws of Christ..many do not love thy neighbor.

I'm sure some don't like you said..., in most religions we are supposed to love our neighbors, but I'm sure that in all of them there are exceptions of course, I just would hate to single Christianity out....I think it happens within every religion, and how often, I think we really don't know... we may have an idea or opinion....

I'm glad we agree on the rest though... because I tell you, there is nothing that turns my stomach more than to see some people proclaiming to be religious and doing wrong all over the place and hurting others and some even killing in the name of their religion or god... it is disturbing...

I'd love my hot neighbor, but I can't afford the divorce. :confused:

LOL! unfortunately I don't have any hot neighbors....

LOL! unfortunately I don't have any hot neighbors....
I have a noisy neighbor that I'm thinking about filing a noise complaint against, but I've not seen him/her yet, so that probably doesn't count.

I've been recently spending some of my time reading about Islam. It might interest some of you to learn that this religion was very tolerant of those who held different beliefs. These folks were referred to as dhimmi and when they lived inside the borders of the Islamic countries they were merely requested to pay a special tax. The religious intolerance which we see displayed by so many Islamic fundamentalists today is a relatively recent development.

And Islam, like Christianity and Judaism, like all religions for that matter, does demand of its believers a lifestyle which, if carefully followed, will ensure that we behave kindly, respectfully and peacefully towards each other and that we will look after the disadvantaged members of our tribe. Of course this message, which is one of social civility and personal kindness, is inevitably deformed by us but it remains our ideal.

I myself am an atheist. I believe that mankind fashions their gods after their own needs but I do think that the messages which we give ourselves are interesting and extraordinarily valuable. Certainly, should a God/Creator exist, something I seriously doubt, it is unlikely that He/She/It would be anything like the Jewish, the Christian, or the Islamic construct. To think anything else strikes me as being arrogant and wrong-headed.

I have a noisy neighbor that I'm thinking about filing a noise complaint against, but I've not seen him/her yet, so that probably doesn't count.

lol..I agree, that doesn't count...

YOu know, about a year ago, this guy moved right accross our townhouse and his next door neighbor discovered that he was a registered sex offended, he pulled the record on the guy and he had molested a child under the age of 13....freaking disturbing.... his next door neighbor who had a little girl, I have two, and even if you don't have kids, it's creepy having to live next to a child molestor... anyway, the neighbor passed flyers to all the neighbors urging to call the association and complaint and many did including me....and they were able to evict him... I wasn't loving that neighbor for sure.... and I don't really have much sympathy for child molestors at all, I know he probably did his time for what he did, since he is out now, but I just can't bring myself to love that type of neighbor....so there I go breaking the Christian laws I suppose.... lol!

I mean, in a case like this, what are we supposed to do? you know, it's tough...

lol..I agree, that doesn't count...

YOu know, about a year ago, this guy moved right accross our townhouse and his next door neighbor discovered that he was a registered sex offended, he pulled the record on the guy and he had molested a child under the age of 13....freaking disturbing.... his next door neighbor who had a little girl, I have two, and even if you don't have kids, it's creepy having to live next to a child molestor... anyway, the neighbor passed flyers to all the neighbors urging to call the association and complaint and many did including me....and they were able to evict him... I wasn't loving that neighbor for sure.... and I don't really have much sympathy for child molestors at all, I know he probably did his time for what he did, since he is out now, but I just can't bring myself to love that type of neighbor....so there I go breaking the Christian laws I suppose.... lol!

I mean, in a case like this, what are we supposed to do? you know, it's tough...

Let me re-phrase that....

I don't have ANY sympathy for child molestors!

I'm sure some don't like you said..., in most religions we are supposed to love our neighbors, but I'm sure that in all of them there are exceptions of course, I just would hate to single Christianity out....I think it happens within every religion, and how often, I think we really don't know... we may have an idea or opinion....

I'm glad we agree on the rest though... because I tell you, there is nothing that turns my stomach more than to see some people proclaiming to be religious and doing wrong all over the place and hurting others and some even killing in the name of their religion or god... it is disturbing...

I can understand your feelings completely, but it has been different groups of Christians who always seem to BASH folks-using their Christian beliefs. It is Christians who use The Bible to condone their hypocritical behavior. How do I know, I was raised in the Church, I've seen it first hand enough to say MOST(not all) Christians do not follow the basic laws of Christ(you know the words in RED in the Bible) He never said homosexuality was wrong, "He said he without sin cast the first stone." In fact the original Bible was written in Hebrew-there is/was NO words in HEBREW for homosexuality that translated to English. The Bible was used to separate races, to condone slavery by Christians. Also, the Republicans and Radical Christians have high jacked the religion, almost making it more horrifying than it is HYPOCRITICAL. I do believe in God just not the folks who claim to work for HIM. I attend an all inclusive church...do you know alleged GOOD upstanding Christians picketed the church after word got out that he preached a sermon asking Gays and Lesbians not to be afraid, nor deny themselves and COME OUT!! So more often than- not majority of so-called Bible thumping Christians are Hypocrites.

I can understand your feelings completely, but it has been different groups of Christians who always seem to BASH folks-using their Christian beliefs. It is Christians who use The Bible to condone their hypocritical behavior. How do I know, I was raised in the Church, I've seen it first hand enough to say MOST(not all) Christians do not follow the basic laws of Christ(you know the words in RED in the Bible) He never said homosexuality was wrong, "He said he without sin cast the first stone." In fact the original Bible was written in Hebrew-there is/was NO words in HEBREW for homosexuality that translated to English. The Bible was used to separate races, to condone slavery by Christians. Also, the Republicans and Radical Christians have high jacked the religion, almost making it more horrifying than it is HYPOCRITICAL. I do believe in God just not the folks who claim to work for HIM. I attend an all inclusive church...do you know alleged GOOD upstanding Christians picketed the church after word got out that he preached a sermon asking Gays and Lesbians not to be afraid, nor deny themselves and COME OUT!! So more often than- not majority of so-called Bible thumping Christians are Hypocrites.

I hear your opinion, I haven't had those experiences myself.... so that has to do with the way I feel.... but I hear you...

I think any discussion of the negatives of Christianity should also highlight the positive. Christians have done amazingly good things. They have and continue to bring millions of tons of food to the hungry, housing for the homeless, clothes to the needy, they donate their resources to bring medicine to the sick and and education to the illiterate. They do this all over the world. Many fine organizations and hospitals/clinics have been started by Christians. The people doing these things are not perfect. I'm sure many of them have had ugly moments and have not always said or done nice things. But Christianity demands of its followers that they always seek to improve and become more "Christ-like", and most of the Christians I know, while flawed, do seek to become more loving and charitable. It grieves me to see a whole group judged by the few who aren't doing what they should.